Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Taste of London 21st - 24th June - Meeting thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Taste of London 21st - 24th June - Meeting thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2012, 2:32 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by courtster
My good friend who I'm going with on Saturday has just made Silver the other day. Does anyone know if his BA Blackberry app showing his status be good enough for access for him and his girlfriend? He'll obviously be able to prove it's him with ID.

Your thoughts would be much appreciated
I guess it should be OK, it's the number that's important, not the card.

What session are you going to please?
Old Jun 21, 2012, 2:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hertz Gold / Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Plat / Marriott Gold / IC RA / SPG Plat
Anyone going on the late Saturday session that can guest me in?
Old Jun 21, 2012, 2:46 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Plat, Avis PC, Sixt Pl,
Originally Posted by PanGalactic
I guess it should be OK, it's the number that's important, not the card.

What session are you going to please?
Thanks very much. There's 6 of us going on the Saturday evening session. 3 Silvers and our better halves. Really looking forward to it - I must be as I'm even going to step foot on a train to get there. A very rare occurrence for me!
Old Jun 21, 2012, 2:49 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Originally Posted by RoosterJ
Let's hope the rain holds off.
I think that is unlikely.

Is there a secret FT sign? I have curly hair and will be in Burberry mac.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
I'm just back from the evening session. For those interested in lounge/tent access, they are visually checking cards on the door and then scanning them and checking on a laptop just inside the lounge/tent.

I will post a mini TR tomorrow about Height Cuisine and the lounge/tent and event in general.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 3:19 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by Genius1
I'm just back from the evening session. For those interested in lounge/tent access, they are visually checking cards on the door and then scanning them and checking on a laptop just inside the lounge/tent.

I will post a mini TR tomorrow about Height Cuisine and the lounge/tent and event in general.
Thanks for letting us know!

Any restrictions on F+B consumption?
Old Jun 22, 2012, 12:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by Goonerfish
Anyone going on the late Saturday session that can guest me in?
Yes, Mrs. stifle and I are both going and both silver.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 12:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Wink

Originally Posted by PanGalactic
Thanks for letting us know!

Any restrictions on F+B consumption?
None whatsoever...canapés ran short but free flowing beverages. Bibendum were there showcasing their wine offerings for First and this year instead of Loch Fyne BA had another supplier of smoked salmon doing hand carvings.

Had a 20 min chat with Frank VdP who hinted at some upcoming changes to carry on the enhancement of the customer experience. Came across as a great chap who recognises the challenges he has in terms of meeting customer expectations of the overall BA brand.

The layout of the lounge was more spacious than previous years and capacity controls of circa 100 were being enforced due to H&S reasons.

Overall very pleasant experience and much appreciated hospitality from BA...

BZ
Old Jun 22, 2012, 1:47 am

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
Spare ticket

I will be going at 12:00 today, and have a spare ticket (my wife can't make it).
Old Jun 22, 2012, 3:05 am
Suspended

Programs: Hertz Gold / Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Plat / Marriott Gold / IC RA / SPG Plat
PM'd

Originally Posted by stifle
Old Jun 22, 2012, 4:10 am

Was at Taste last night with four colleagues and had a blast. Rain only came down hard right at the end, but be warned wellies are the best footwear. Almost need a second trip as had such a great time at various restaurants only made it to BAEC towards end of event and it was packed.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 4:52 am

Programs: BA/BD Gold, UA Silver
Hi there, will be going to Taste of London late Saturday session. Anyone able to guest me in? Thanks in advance
Old Jun 22, 2012, 5:17 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Originally Posted by Cccharlie
Was at Taste last night with four colleagues and had a blast. Rain only came down hard right at the end, but be warned wellies are the best footwear. .......
Bummer, didn't occur to me until I got to work this morning. Quick trip to Primark at lunchtime then to see if they have any!!
Old Jun 22, 2012, 5:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by stifle
Two guest places are now taken!
Old Jun 22, 2012, 6:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Wellies a good idea. No 10% code this year - big big sale straight after Olympics - Ayala champagne.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.