Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Taste of London 21st - 24th June - Meeting thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Taste of London 21st - 24th June - Meeting thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2012, 2:06 pm

Programs: BA Silver, MUCCI des Soins Medicaux, Le médecin personnel à PUCCI GALORE
Originally Posted by jmpawson
I'll be there Sat 23 June - 1730-2130
Me too. And I'm bringing a mate of mine as Mrs badoc doesn't want to come

Now, I've never flown on 'Taste of London' (? G-TOLN) before. I have a silver shiny card instead of the gold one I grew to love - what service can I expect?

The website is not actually very helpful but I have paid for VIP tickets and have heard about the BA lounge which I hear I can use before we fly.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 6:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
Originally Posted by LeeT
Raffles I hope not!!! I would hate to actually have to buy something there other than admission!!
The BA tent is designed so that BA's best customers can pop in there for a refreshing drink and a sit down from time to time whilst they're enjoying the range of entertainment and food options available at Taste of London. Which are great...but you do have to pay for them which may come as a shock.

The purpose of the tent is not for people to go there for four hours, set up camp and drink the place dry at BA's expense. Some people did last year, and I suspect that may be why controls will be introduced this year.

And before you ask "where does it say these are the rules behind the BA tent" it doesn't.

Last edited by BahrainLad; Jun 19, 2012 at 9:05 pm
Old Jun 19, 2012, 8:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Originally Posted by PanGalactic
Rest assured I will use every trick in the book to get into that tent

Sorry but as Bahrain Lad says this is an occasion where BA like to thank their most loyal travellers and not for some to be trying tricks to get round that.

Last edited by sunrisegirl; Jun 19, 2012 at 11:35 pm
Old Jun 19, 2012, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by BahrainLad
The purpose of the tent is not for people to go there for four hours, set up camp and drink the place dry at BA's expense. Some people did last year, and I suspect that may be why controls will be introduced this year.
Were you were amongst them ?
Old Jun 19, 2012, 11:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
Originally Posted by Raffles
Were you were amongst them ?
I wasn't actually, if you see the 'trip report' I posted of last year's event, you can clearly see I spent quite a lot of time outside of the lounge:

Rock up at 12 on Saturday, have a look round the tents and start off with a Hendrick's cocktail or three in the sun on their stand. Then mosey over to the BA tent (note, the proper one not the 'VIP' one with champagne-per-token) for a quick hello to Frank VdP and another sharpener/s. Leave there quite a bit later to go and 'taste' some food via an assortment of tents serving further alcoholic produce. Stop in to the BA 'VIP' tent anyway, just to avoid a torrential downpour and remark in a braying accent how rubbish it is. Redeem champagne token for one warm glass of Laurent-Perrier. Return to proper BA tent as all of this moving about has made one thirsty to find it crowded, champagne flowing and staff struggling to prevent it descending into a garden party version of Lord of the Flies. Now in an advanced state of refreshment, button-hole FVdP to tell him how wonderful, wonderful, lovely his wonderful airline is. Engage in impromptu rugby ruck manoeuvre (drop right shoulder and charge) in order to rescue last tray of canapés from gluttonous Welshman. Get kicked out of affair at 4pm after another few light ales outside the Fuller's tent. Retire to another pub outside the front gate with friends who are on the 5pm session. Hand over Gold card so they can get into (now being pressure-washed) BA tent whose staff are now being treated with smelling salts. Hail cab to Paddington using extended middle finger of right hand and on arrival manage to successfully find platform 6/7. Arrive at threshold of F Lounge T5 to find 62K to JFK has become 4A to JFK. Retire to Concorde Room for a few glasses of Balfour Brut to take the edge off. Request wheelchair assistance to B gates, request declined. Pre-departure beverage is LP Grand Siecle, decide to taste in the interests of research and because the journey from T5A to T5B has generated a violent thirst. After takeoff, more LP moving on to a few G&Ts before dinner, followed by something heavy and red during, with port and JW Blue to finish. Pass out bolt upright somewhere over the mid-Atlantic. Wake on final approach to Kennedy unable to see.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 8:24 am

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Red, Emirates Skywards Blue, BA Executive Club Blue, Amex BA
A really useful map:

Old Jun 20, 2012, 10:16 am

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by GodAtum
A really useful map:

Looks more like the Taste of Broccoli!
Old Jun 20, 2012, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by HilFly
Looks more like the Taste of Broccoli!
lmao
Old Jun 20, 2012, 11:31 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by sunrisegirl
Sorry but as Bahrain Lad says this is an occasion where BA like to thank their most loyal travellers and not for some to be trying tricks to get round that.
SRG, £10 says I get into that tent
Old Jun 20, 2012, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by PanGalactic
SRG, £10 says I get into that tent
What are you going to wear? I'm sure one of us will be there on Friday PM to verify!
Old Jun 20, 2012, 12:52 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by Raffles
What are you going to wear? I'm sure one of us will be there on Friday PM to verify!
If "one of us" is going to be there, they can guest me in can't they?
Old Jun 20, 2012, 2:33 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
Please can someone post the TASTE promo code if it's available this year. Tried the obvious just now but no joy.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 2:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alta, Starwood Gold, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum
I'm going on Friday evening with a few friends. Full compliment of guests for the lounge, I'm afraid, at this stage. It looks like it's not going to be the best day weather- wise.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 3:56 pm

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Originally Posted by colm
I'm going on Friday evening with a few friends. Full compliment of guests for the lounge, I'm afraid, at this stage. It looks like it's not going to be the best day weather- wise.
I may see you there. I had actually planned to be sampling the various food items, but the weather may mean an extended stay undercover.

Last corporate hospatility event I got invited to was the Wireless festival sponsored by our card merchant provider Barclaycard. I was quite excited about getting to go in the VIP area, until upon arriving found out that we had to buy drinks and nibbles. Thankfully our rep spotted us in the crowd and got us in the Barclaycard chillout zone with unlimited drinks and hot bowl food, mini burgers and strawberries and cream. There was a TV screen focused on the acts on stage and we had to force ourselves to go see the Chemical Brothers headline on Saturday night. Shame that we had to get a new rep. The new guy is a real banker.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 4:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Bronze, DL Plat UA, HHonors Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt
Is anyone interested in sharing the 2-for-1 on Sunday? (It's not quite 2 for 1, since they've clearly learned from airline pricing models, but better than nothing.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.