Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Taste of London 21st - 24th June - Meeting thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Taste of London 21st - 24th June - Meeting thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2012, 5:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Perhaps a Tesco tent for next year? Maybe with a viewing gallery for GCH to chuck Tesco Value tomatoes at the Clubcard holders?
Old Jun 21, 2012, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
It is now 12.05. The first alcoholic FTer must already be in tent, so are drinks restricted or not?!
Old Jun 21, 2012, 5:31 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by BahrainLad
The BA tent is designed so that BA's best customers can pop in there for a refreshing drink and a sit down from time to time whilst they're enjoying the range of entertainment and food options available at Taste of London. Which are great...but you do have to pay for them which may come as a shock.

The purpose of the tent is not for people to go there for four hours, set up camp and drink the place dry at BA's expense. Some people did last year, and I suspect that may be why controls will be introduced this year.

And before you ask "where does it say these are the rules behind the BA tent" it doesn't.
Hang on, where does this tie in with your admission that you gave your Gold card to someone else so that they could get in the BA tent? Get off your high horse!
Old Jun 21, 2012, 5:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BahrainLad
The BA tent is designed so that BA's best customers can pop in there for a refreshing drink and a sit down from time to time whilst they're enjoying the range of entertainment and food options available at Taste of London. Which are great...but you do have to pay for them which may come as a shock.

The purpose of the tent is not for people to go there for four hours, set up camp and drink the place dry at BA's expense. Some people did last year, and I suspect that may be why controls will be introduced this year.

And before you ask "where does it say these are the rules behind the BA tent" it doesn't.

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Hang on, where does this tie in with your admission that you gave your Gold card to someone else so that they could get in the BA tent? Get off your high horse!
Must admit had to bite my tongue DYKWIA... Amazing how some people pour scorn on others but are a little two faced when they do not practice what they preach.

Look forward to the BA hospitality later, if it's a free for all or not!!

Looks like the chance of sitting out on the decking enjoying the longest day will not happen due to variable weather...
Old Jun 21, 2012, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by LeeT
Must admit had to bite my tongue DYKWIA... Amazing how some people pour scorn on others but are a little two faced when they do not practice what they preach.

Look forward to the BA hospitality later, if it's a free for all or not!!

Looks like the chance of sitting out on the decking enjoying the longest day will not happen due to variable weather...
I think what BahrainLad and SRG are reacting to is the fact there are posts in this thread with a tone of entitlement, indicating a purpose of going to simply get a free afternoon on the piss, regardless if they are valued customers of BA or not.

The fact that BA have imposed a rule that you need a shiny card to enter, or be guested by one, is the most obvious sign that to BA this is not an open tent for anyone, rather their valued customers.

We ask that people relax and stop questioning posters, and get back on topic.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 6:04 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Petrus
The fact that BA have imposed a rule that you need a shiny card to enter, or be guested by one, is the most obvious sign that to BA this is not an open tent for anyone, rather their valued customers.
Indeed. Which is why I'd ask if passing your Gold card onto a non-entitled person is not a flagrant breach of this?
Old Jun 21, 2012, 6:07 am

I think what BahrainLad and SRG are reacting to is the fact there are posts in this thread with a tone of entitlement, indicating a purpose of going to simply get a free afternoon on the piss, regardless if they are valued customers of BA or not.

We ask that people relax and stop questioning posters, and get back on topic.
But it has been a tent for valued customers to get an afternoon on the piss!

And hopefully will continue to be. People need to chill out with the preaching.

I'll be there Sat, hopefully to drink the tent dry! Call it payback for the 'fuel surcharges'!

Anyone got the scoop on booze limits yet?
Old Jun 21, 2012, 6:09 am

Most likely. Pretty sure they would suspend BAEC accounts of those who did this, rightly so Rules and ethics are no different because this is a BA "lounge" not in an airport.

But that is a subject for another thread n'est pas? Have fun everyone!
Old Jun 21, 2012, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by cazoz
But it has been a tent for valued customers to get an afternoon on the piss!

And hopefully will continue to be. People need to chill out with the preaching.

I'll be there Sat, hopefully to drink the tent dry! Call it payback for the 'fuel surcharges'!

Anyone got the scoop on booze limits yet?
^
Old Jun 21, 2012, 6:13 am
Suspended

Programs: Hertz Gold / Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Plat / Marriott Gold / IC RA / SPG Plat
Pretty sure they would suspend BAEC accounts of those who did this
Not sure how they would possibly know if someone is using someone else's BA card?
Old Jun 21, 2012, 6:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Indeed. Which is why I'd ask if passing your Gold card onto a non-entitled person is not a flagrant breach of this?
I gave it to an AA Executive Platinum who spends an extraordinarily large amount of money with BA on the North Atlantic, but who wouldn't have otherwise been able to enter the lounge and have a quick drink courtesy of BA. Had we been going to the same session, I would have guested him in. I didn't guest anyone in with me during mine, as I was with a whole load of SHOCK HORROR actual BA card holders.

Think of it as "remote guesting."

I think that very much fits in with the spirit of what the tent is for, no?

Last edited by BahrainLad; Jun 21, 2012 at 6:24 am
Old Jun 21, 2012, 6:25 am

Last edited by angatol; Feb 28, 2015 at 4:10 pm
Old Jun 21, 2012, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Good lord.... Is this even meant to see middle aged men drunk as skunks???? Why does the mention of free alcohol and bits of food make you guys tremble???

I really hope not, I do hope that people act with proper manners and not be wasted...

I would be very disappointed with whoever I meet from FT and find them to be totally drunk???

Please be gentlemen and gentle ladies...
Old Jun 21, 2012, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by Yahillwe
I would be very disappointed with whoever I meet from FT and find them to be totally drunk???
Prepare the smelling salts then...
Old Jun 21, 2012, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
It seems that you guys have never seen neither drinks nor food....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.