Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Yet to be announced Exec Club changes: your fears, conjecture and general grousing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yet to be announced Exec Club changes: your fears, conjecture and general grousing

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2011, 6:53 pm

Programs: BAEC redundant Bronze, AAdvantage Lifetime PLT, CO, WN, B6
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
Isn't DFW the local airport in Texas?
As it happens a constant gripe is BA has two VERY NICE flights from IAH but ba.com won't offer connections to those.

I won't bore you with the other things ba.com CAN'T do if you're not originating from a BA gateway.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 6:57 pm

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
Originally Posted by bernardd
As it happens a constant gripe is BA has two VERY NICE flights from IAH but ba.com won't offer connections to those.

I won't bore you with the other things ba.com CAN'T do if you're not originating from a BA gateway.
It offers a connection through DFW though, doesn't it? I flew that earlier this year.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by cornishsimon
Well just to put it into perspective I live in the UK and they don't fly from either of mine either

Those being NQY & LEQ
And I don't doubt you have just as many issues with pricing, travel agent tickets and MFU's as I do. As I implied, it's not "British Airways", it's "London Airways" - everything they do starts and ends at LHR.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 6:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by cazic99
People transferring MR points because of the 50% peromotion did so based on the old charts. Compared to the Verizon 83k AA miles case where many bloggers were even calmoring for AA to honor the mistake. People have MUCH MORE OF A CASE HERE if they were entrapped by a promotion and 2 months later , the points were made useless for a major segment of people. West Coast US is not Alabama,
Oh for goodness sake away and bile yer heid man.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by BlackBerryAddict
It offers a connection through DFW though, doesn't it? I flew that earlier this year.
Yes, and I'll concede it's better timed than it used to be though I'd still prefer the 8:30pm flight from IAH, and a 1:30pm return.

And if I do take the DFW flight, why do I have to call and pay the telephone fees to MFU? Why can't their system offer me the load based upgrade for money? Heck, they even have codeshares on the AA flights between AUS~DFW.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 7:40 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Oh for goodness sake away and bile yer heid man.
You sound like my dad - that was his favourite saying in respond to anything he deemed an outrageous request

Actually.....
Old Sep 1, 2011, 8:53 pm

It appears that for some, Avios=Adios!
Old Sep 1, 2011, 8:57 pm

Programs: United MP 1p, PC Ambassador, GP Platinum
Originally Posted by Prospero
Let's not get over excited at this stage. Yes, as always, the devil is in the detail but give Nicci an opportunity to respond to the requests for clarity.

Yes some clarity would be good.

Especially on US-Asia and US-Australia partner award prices.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 8:58 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Elite Plat, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold, BA
I guess my timing was good. Had already scheduled HKG in November using CX and BA Miles...oh well
Old Sep 1, 2011, 9:07 pm

Programs: United MP 1p, PC Ambassador, GP Platinum
There's still the chance that this won't be as bad as some of us think.

The last hope for US members who want to redeem for partner awards is that the new chart would have separate prices for US-Asia via Atlantic and US-Asia via Pacific.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 9:12 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Elite Plat, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold, BA
Originally Posted by cazic99
British Airline that has been lying and cheating American Customers using a American Credit Card. If they devalue this to the point of the miles being worthless. I think a Class Action is in order.
Chase customers are a small number of actual miles posted on BA programs. Whenever BA sells these miles to Chase, they are fully aware of the impact.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 9:26 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
The main question for me as many other is; what is going to happen to Wescoast-Asia with CX F redemptions. 75K BA miles in F eachway is how I use my BA and if that is going to be doubled, I will cancel my card and move on.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 9:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
While the reduction in mileage required for F/J awards to JFK, SIN etc is great for BAEC members, won't it just become extremely hard to get reward seats? Lower prices -> greater demand but constant supply.

And obviously, these seats aren't being taken away from paying pax! Or, do these routes have relatively low premium loads to allow the airline to give away redemptions for a much lower cost?
Old Sep 1, 2011, 9:47 pm

I personally feel taken advantage of here

Like many in N.A. I transferred Amex miles to BA to use on long haul routes. I have roughly 500,000 and another 1,000,000 in my family. Clearly whatever the details are, there is going to be a significant devaluation of miles for us here in N.A.. Of course in their terms of service allow for them to do whatever they want. But I never would have transferred miles to them if there was advanced notice of what was about to happen put in place. The least they could do is grandfather old miles which other programs have done case by case. As a DFW passenger who also flies them on bus paid fair tickets to LHR, I am going to make all attempts to use AA instead and avoid giving these guys any additional income. I really hope they will reconsider how people with existing miles are treated but I realize that at the end of the day they could care less what we think.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by hbsseller
Like many in N.A. I transferred Amex miles to BA to use on long haul routes. I have roughly 500,000 and another 1,000,000 in my family. Clearly whatever the details are, there is going to be a significant devaluation of miles for us here in N.A.. Of course in their terms of service allow for them to do whatever they want. But I never would have transferred miles to them if there was advanced notice of what was about to happen put in place. The least they could do is grandfather old miles which other programs have done case by case. As a DFW passenger who also flies them on bus paid fair tickets to LHR, I am going to make all attempts to use AA instead and avoid giving these guys any additional income. I really hope they will reconsider how people with existing miles are treated but I realize that at the end of the day they could care less what we think.
But most of the long haul routes are staying the same or going down, BOS, NYC etc are getting reduced. Unsure if DFW is dropping or not. I think it's great news a drop of 20,000 miles for Club redemption's or 20% off an MFU/UUA from BOS, NYC etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.