Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Yet to be announced Exec Club changes: your fears, conjecture and general grousing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yet to be announced Exec Club changes: your fears, conjecture and general grousing

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2011, 6:17 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by cazic99
British Airline that has been lying and cheating American Customers using a American Credit Card. If they devalue this to the point of the miles being worthless. I think a Class Action is in order.
Let's not get over excited at this stage. Yes, as always, the devil is in the detail but give Nicci an opportunity to respond to the requests for clarity.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by starflyer
Well, come November when all is said and done, my guess is that there will be more negative changes than positive changes, at least with respect to the awards that I would typically use. My biggest complaint has been the excessive fuel surcharges and fees. If they're not going to address that issue, even if the miles required are slightly reduced, I'll continue to fly and collect miles elsewhere.
Well this has proved a fantastic day for me in that MFU(UUA)ing to Club LHR-BOS has become 5,000 miles (points) cheaper and a split F out J back by 7,500 miles (points) that's the best news I've heard for a while. I'm assuming you're talking about redeeming miles in WT or WT+ because anything else especially MFU's are very good value for money even with the YQ and fees.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 6:27 pm

Programs: BAEC redundant Bronze, AAdvantage Lifetime PLT, CO, WN, B6
Originally Posted by BAHumbug
I for one think it's a good announcement and deals with an awful lot of the inequalities and oddities in the program as it is now in a fair way. I'll wait and see what the next couple of months bring, but so far I'm fairly pleased with what I see.
I assume your home airport is LHR or LGW?

As ever the BA "teaser" is London-centric and carries scant to zero information about how this impacts folks on the ragged end of the network (BA doesn't even fly into my local airport), so all they've done so far is unsettle a bunch of people by telling us "change is coming" without offering any meaningful details. That in a nutshell is why people fear the news they don't want to detail will prove to be bad news.

Frankly I have to wonder why do they do this time after time? Do they seriously only have any interest in passengers who live in London? Are they stuck in an era where Maggie Thatcher draped her hankie over a tail fin and the Union Jack magically re-appeared? Is it truly a worldwide business?
Old Sep 1, 2011, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
British Airline that has been l**** and ch****** American Customers using a American Credit Card. If they devalue this to the point of the miles being worthless. I think a Class Action is in order.
Wow don't hold back, I'm sure that you haven't made any libelous statements there . Quite how the miles will become worthless for everyone I don't know, I've not noticed how this news will affect BA flights from the US except to those destinations that have slightly increased mileage requirements.

Last edited by Jimmie76; Sep 1, 2011 at 6:40 pm
Old Sep 1, 2011, 6:36 pm

Programs: A few
British Airline that has been lying and cheating American Customers using a American Credit Card. If they devalue this to the point of the miles being worthless. I think a Class Action is in order.
Yes please - go for it!!! I am surprised it took this many posts before some clown picked up the class action suit line. Please take this up and come back here and post to all of us how immensely successful you will be so we can all have a good laugh

As far as I can tell there has been no announcement on the levels required for the partner award chart. All the new award chart shows is redemption levels ex-LHR.

I have my doubts the changes will be as positive as they are being spun, but I also doubt the sky is falling quite so much as people are posting on here.

The existing BA chart, as pointed out, assumes you always pass through LHR so I doubt for example SFO-HKG (about 7k miles) will go to the same level that they currently require for SFO-LHR-HKG (about 11.3k miles). But I doubt it will be at the ultra cheap 50k/100k/150k with unlimited stopovers rate it is today either
Old Sep 1, 2011, 6:36 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by bernardd
Originally Posted by BAHumbug
I for one think it's a good announcement and deals with an awful lot of the inequalities and oddities in the program as it is now in a fair way. I'll wait and see what the next couple of months bring, but so far I'm fairly pleased with what I see.
I assume your home airport is LHR or LGW?

As ever the BA "teaser" is London-centric and carries scant to zero information about how this impacts folks on the ragged end of the network (BA doesn't even fly into my local airport), so all they've done so far is unsettle a bunch of people by telling us "change is coming" without offering any meaningful details. That in a nutshell is why people fear the news they don't want to detail will prove to be bad news.

Frankly I have to wonder why do they do this time after time? Do they seriously only have any interest in passengers who live in London? Are they stuck in an era where Maggie Thatcher draped her hankie over a tail fin and the Union Jack magically re-appeared? Is it truly a worldwide business?
Where is your "local" airport out of curiosity ??

cs
Old Sep 1, 2011, 6:42 pm

Programs: BAEC redundant Bronze, AAdvantage Lifetime PLT, CO, WN, B6
Originally Posted by cornishsimon
As it says "Mostly AUS" - Austin Bergstrom, Texas.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 6:43 pm

Mr points refund

I got no issues with a company changing their rules. But don't offer 50% transfer and make people transfer their MR Points and than 2 months later make the points worthless for People on the West Coast.. This is not a funny matter.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 6:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by cornishsimon
Well just to put it into perspective I live in the UK and they don't fly from either of mine either

Those being NQY & LEQ

cs
Old Sep 1, 2011, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
Yes please - go for it!!! I am surprised it took this many posts before some clown picked up the class action suit line. Please take this up and come back here and post to all of us how immensely successful you will be so we can all have a good laugh

As far as I can tell there has been no announcement on the levels required for the partner award chart. All the new award chart shows is redemption levels ex-LHR.

I have my doubts the changes will be as positive as they are being spun, but I also doubt the sky is falling quite so much as people are posting on here.

The existing BA chart, as pointed out, assumes you always pass through LHR so I doubt for example SFO-HKG (about 7k miles) will go to the same level that they currently require for SFO-LHR-HKG (about 11.3k miles). But I doubt it will be at the ultra cheap 50k/100k/150k with unlimited stopovers rate it is today either

People transferring MR points because of the 50% peromotion did so based on the old charts. Compared to the Verizon 83k AA miles case where many bloggers were even calmoring for AA to honor the mistake. People have MUCH MORE OF A CASE HERE if they were entrapped by a promotion and 2 months later , the points were made useless for a major segment of people. West Coast US is not Alabama,

Programs: A few
Isn't DFW the local airport in Texas?
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I got no issues with a company changing their rules. But don't offer 50% transfer and make people transfer their MR Points and than 2 months later make the points worthless for People on the West Coast.. This is not a funny matter.
Just out of curiosity, who forced you to transfer your Mileage Reward points, and what did they use to do it?
Old Sep 1, 2011, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
I wonder if YQ on Y flights will see a change. Doubtful.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by ma91pmh

People transferring MR points because of the 50% peromotion did so based on the old charts. Compared to the Verizon 83k AA miles case where many bloggers were even calmoring for AA to honor the mistake. People have MUCH MORE OF A CASE HERE if they were entrapped by a promotion and 2 months later , the points were made useless for a major segment of people. West Coast US is not Alabama,
Where exactly is the evidence that your points are now useless ???

Please be a little bit more chilled out and wait for nicci to wake up and answer the questions

Take a deep breath, big gulp of bud light and chill out

cs
Old Sep 1, 2011, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UA Fan
I wonder if YQ on Y flights will see a change. Doubtful.
For most people (especially on here) that is a bit of a non issue so I agree doubtful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.