Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Lounge in PHX

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2011, 9:49 am

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy
Can add more confirmation that the sandwiches are flown in. Was told as much, said they'd be available shortly after BA289 arrived.

I was in the F lounge 2 weeks ago and we had almost a 2 hour delay but told that sandwiches would be served as soon as possible after the late incoming flight had landed, so make of that what you will!!! The sandwiches were good, much better than they have been in recent years. Have to say that the lounge is, and as far as I can remember back, been superbly run. The 2 lovely ladies there this time offered such a wonderful personal service and one of them was at the bottom of the stairs to the lounge when we departed wishing us a pleasant flight - it made you feel valued and not just any old customer. Not had such good personal service in any other BA lounge, but of course, this is a very small, intimate lounge and couldnt possibly be replicated in some of the larger lounges.

Several choices including salmon, egg salad, tuna - and I'm enjoying a sufficiently reasonable chicken salad sandwich.

Also happy they have local Four Peaks Kiltlifter beer.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 1:22 am

Programs: Hilton Silver;Hertz Gold 5*;National Exec Elite;BA Bronze;AA-PLT
Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy
Can add more confirmation that the sandwiches are flown in. Was told as much, said they'd be available shortly after BA289 arrived.

Several choices including salmon, egg salad, tuna - and I'm enjoying a sufficiently reasonable chicken salad sandwich.

Also happy they have local Four Peaks Kiltlifter beer.
Well, after taking BA288 on Saturday, I can confirm that the sandwiches did not arrive on BA289, as the girls were pushing the trolley around as I watched BA289 taxi up to the gate.

Happy with the Kiltlifter as well
Old Jan 17, 2012, 2:06 am

Programs: BAEC, HH, Avis, Hertz
Left my keys in the hotel safe

Had a very good stay at the JW Marriott Scottsdale, and arrived at the airport really quite early. Realised (too late) that I had left my car/house keys in the hotel safe, and my car was at LHR.

Rang the hotel and they told me 'no problem, we'll put them in a taxi' and I waited. About -30 before boarding, I rang again. 'Yes, they're here waiting for you to collect'. After some discussion, they said they would put them in a taxi.

The lounge staff were excellent and chased them for me. Sitting in 4E after the doors had closed, a voice said 'Mr Upperdeckplease?' and handed me my keys

I have found the lounge staff excellent. As everyone says, lounge is small, v like SFO. But it is the staff that make PHX special
Old Jan 17, 2012, 6:53 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by upperdeckplease
I have found the lounge staff excellent. As everyone says, lounge is small, v like SFO. But it is the staff that make PHX special
Glad you liked the JWM in Scottsdale - it's my preferred hotel in Scottsdale too. Looking forward to hopefully being able to grab a few days there this year too.

And I just love everything PHX airport - right down to the name of the place. "Sky Harbour" - just great. Makes it sound like something out of the future. ^
Old Jan 17, 2012, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by 747_not_777
And I just love everything PHX airport - right down to the name of the place. "Sky Harbour" - just great.
Have to agree - I think the name is one of the World's best too, although it is of course Sky Harbor.

Old Jan 17, 2012, 10:35 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by continentalclub
Have to agree - I think the name is one of the World's best too, although it is of course Sky Harbor.

Ah heck, of course. Those funny Americans and their weird way with words... They can't pinch our language and then adjust to suit!
Old Jan 30, 2012, 5:52 pm

Smile BA staff

The lounge staff were so lovely. There was a specific lounge agent, her name is Lucy, who bent over backwards for me. I was in a wheel chair because of a Hurt ankle and Lucy made sure I had everything I needed so I didn't have to move. It was a great time being in the lounge and the views are amazing. And great view of the plane too! The BA agents should really learn a couple of things from the ladies in the lounge. Those girls know all about customer service.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 1:27 am

So now that this lounge is operated for everyone by The Club 7 days a week all day what happens when the once daily BA flight departs in the evening? Do they restrict people? Does the food improve for the daily evening BA flight departure? Do they separate the BA customers?
Old Apr 16, 2014, 8:06 pm

Update and Bump to prior question? What happens to food etc for BA passengers?

Featured new lounge
The Club at PHX
Phoenix Sky Harbor Int'l (PHX), U.S.A.
We're pleased to announce the addition of The Club at PHX, Phoenix Sky Harbor Int'l (PHX), U.S.A. to the Priority Pass global network.
Open daily from 08:00 to 15:30, the lounge is conveniently located in Terminal 4 at the end of the N4 Concourse (Gates B15 and B28), and offers a respite from the hustle and bustle of the airport.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 8:19 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA Plat, Starwood Gold, AX Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred, Star Alliance Gold
I hadn't heard about this. Perhaps they expanded it into the old Lufthansa club? I'll walk over and check it out next week. Wonder if my Priority Pass Select grants access? BA's F lounge only held 14 people anyway, so separating BA passengers the logical way would not work.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 8:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA Plat, Starwood Gold, AX Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred, Star Alliance Gold
It appears The Club closes a few hours before the BA flight from PHX. Regardless, are we certain this is indeed the same lounge and not simply one of the vacant spaces next to the BA lounge? I recall there is 'the classroom' and a disused lounge on the same floor.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 1:51 am

Yes the lounge is on Priority Pass Select list as I received an email direct from Priority Pass. I am really curious what they do with the BA passengers so hopefully someone can confirm what they do with the BA F and Club passengers prior to BA flight.

[/B]
Originally Posted by Nicksta
I hadn't heard about this. Perhaps they expanded it into the old Lufthansa club? I'll walk over and check it out next week. Wonder if my Priority Pass Select grants access? BA's F lounge only held 14 people anyway, so separating BA passengers the logical way would not work.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 9:28 am

I haven't been through there yet, but one of my colleagues was last week, and one of the lounge angels there had told me it was coming. They shuffled chairs around, added bartenders on both sides of the lounge. It is now a commercial lounge "The Club" from 0800 to 1530, and after 1530 reserved for BA. I'm not sure if BA pax are allowed in prior to 1530 without paying, or if a shiny card opens the door earlier. The cart of sandwiches is evidently gone, replaced by some little sliders (small burgers). I won't see it myself for a bit, as my next trip in May is via PHX-LAX-LHR in order to try F on the A380
Old Apr 17, 2014, 12:17 pm

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Well, that's a bit disappointing to hear, as the staff at this lounge were rather amazing.

My experience to date with "The Club" at DFW was pretty poor. Crowded and small, not much food, though there was a shower (unlike at PHX). The Club at SJC however was pretty good (and is the only lounge at that airport).
Old Apr 17, 2014, 4:13 pm

I should have mentioned, AFAIK they intend to keep the staff - at least C and P both told me they would still be there after the change ^
Again, I haven't been there personally to check, I was last in that lounge in late March.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.