Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Lounge in PHX

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2011, 9:09 am
Original Poster

BA Lounge in PHX

Anyone ever used the BA lounge in Phoenix?
Old May 14, 2011, 9:14 am

Programs: BA Gold
Yes, the J lounge is perfectly comfortable - although no outside views, so far as I can remember. The F lounge is a true joy - one of the best in the network. It couldn't be more different to the F lounge in T5, but it's still superb. And the staff are amongst the most friendly I've ever met anywhere in the world working on behalf of BA.

People may think I'm mad for raving about such a small F lounge - but those who have been there will probably understand. You get great twin runway views, you get to watch the BA Jumbo land, the only 744 which serves PHX I think - plus it's cosy, comfortable, nice selection of drinks and not too far from the gate. But it's the staff that make the true difference - and goes to show you dont need champagne bars, glitz, glamour, horses with lights on their head and all that T5 jazz.

I am sure Nicksta and The Banking Scott, two PHX regulars, if I recall correctly, will be along to comment soon too.

Oh - and don't forget Sky Harbour claims to be "the friendliest airport in the States" - from what I've experienced, I couldnt agree more. Back there in August !!!
Old May 14, 2011, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Widespread discussion on this thread for starters

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...aise-team.html

I was there on Monday night . The F section is very good with large windows and good seats ( no pc's though and the restrooms are outside the lounge but on the same level above the main concourse so there are few other people using it.

Pamela and the team are great, The came round with a trolley with the sandwiches about 515 pm before putting them on the counter, then came round with the same day papers just offloaded from the incoming flight and them more sandwiches before calling the flight ( they do call the flight after most pax have boarded so there is minimal queuing)

The lounge is by Gate B22 and up one level ( flight leaves usually from B25 in my experience)

Regards

TBS
Old May 14, 2011, 10:21 am

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
Originally Posted by bassmomma
Anyone ever used the BA lounge in Phoenix?
Yes.

Oh, any other questions related to it?
Old May 14, 2011, 10:26 am

Programs: BAEC
Nicki, the British lady who works in the lounge is lovely. She brought the sandwich trolley into the F lounge and approached everyone individually serving sandwiches and getting anything we wanted.

All the staff in PHX have been fantastic every time I've been.
Old May 14, 2011, 2:08 pm

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Originally Posted by My_head_is_spinning
Nicki, the British lady who works in the lounge is lovely. She brought the sandwich trolley into the F lounge and approached everyone individually serving sandwiches and getting anything we wanted.

All the staff in PHX have been fantastic every time I've been.
Only did PHX once a few years ago but I remember service was great (and we had three tired teenagers with us too!). IIRC the J lounge did have a good view of the airfield. Best thing was looking out of the window to see the 744 arrive. Nothing like seeing the BA tail with the Union Jack when you are about to go travelling! ^
Old May 14, 2011, 11:36 pm

Programs: BA Silver, KLM, HILTON HONOURS
It's a small lounge with fantastic staff. Nice small bottles of Piper.Will be back there next month
Old May 15, 2011, 1:53 am

Programs: BA Silver, Blue & Silver again!! Monarch Vantage GOLD!!!! HiltonHonors Gold
Went there last year.
Staff are good but do not get there too early as the selection of food is rubbish until the inbound flight arrives as all the catering is on there. Just crisps, nuts and general snacks until inbound arrived.
Good few of inbound aircraft. And excellent security arrangements as they kept us in Lounge until everyone else had boarded then let us board at our leisure once everyone else had boarded, a good system that should be used by all BA lounges!!!!!

SRT8
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old May 15, 2011, 7:43 am

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Titanium Lifetime/UA/JetBlue
Agree with everyone else. The lounge staff are excellent. They make a real effort to interact and still go around with the trolley with a slecetion of really good sandwiches.

And the view of the aircraft arriving and parking right under the lounge is wonderful. You get to see a turnaround in full, which is interesting.

It is always good to have a view of the 747's tail in BA colours. I always get that "at home" feeling before I even board!
Old May 15, 2011, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Does anybody have pictures of the PHX First lounge? Would be good to see what all the fuss is about
Old May 15, 2011, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Genius1
Does anybody have pictures of the PHX First lounge? Would be good to see what all the fuss is about
Hi Genius9,

Here is a small picture of PHX lounge ( in the lounge data base thread)

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/15127133-post9.html

I may have a photo on my SD card ( together with thousands of others) but it is 7MB in size and not familiar with posting photos.

Regards

TBS
Old May 15, 2011, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
I may have a photo on my SD card ( together with thousands of others) but it is 7MB in size and not familiar with posting photos.
Thanks for the link. To display your photo in the forum, you need to upload it to a photo-sharing website (like Flickr) and then paste the [IMG] tag of the photo into your post.
Old May 15, 2011, 12:36 pm

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Originally Posted by Genius1
As almost poster above says, the lounge isn't anything special looks-wise. Staff are good, but I'm not sure I'd get that excited about spending more than 30-45mins in it. PHX is a fairly tired airport, with free WIFI for all one of it's few redeeming features.

Last edited by Kgmm77; May 15, 2011 at 12:37 pm
Old May 15, 2011, 12:49 pm

Programs: BAEC
The lounge itself is not particularly luxurious and I seem to remember it has a rather grim typical american airport carpet.
Old May 15, 2011, 1:09 pm
vla

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Gold, Aegean Gold
I, too, am baffled by the heaps of praise thrown upon this perfectly fine but decidedly old school Executive Club lounge -- particularly when moans and whines are often made about the FLounge component at SFO, which PHX very closely replicates.

The Englishwoman with the sandwich trolley is lovely, though -- always up for a bit of a natter. She wasn't there the last time I passed through, however.

Free airport-wide WiFi is great btw -- when it works...

Oh yeah, and the TSA screeners have nothing else/nothing better to do than to come down to the gate and SPOT all departing pax and undertake searches before getting on the plane and look puffed up and intimidating -- but then again, a world city Phoenix is definitely not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.