Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Lounge in PHX

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2011, 6:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, Priority Club Plat Amb
We arrived at Terminal 4 PHX last week on a US internal flight.

A word of caution the rental car buses are not well sign posted. We collected our baggage and exited the terminal through the doors labelled as 'Rental Car Shuttle Buses'. Once curbside there are no further signs, but we found the buses are at the very end (Right Hand Side as you exit the terminal).

We didn't find this until we had walked the length of the terminal (similar length to LHR T5!)
Its also a 10min transfer to the Rental car centre.

We fly home on the 288 tomorrow, scheduled to land at LHR at 13:05. Is there much chance of getting a shower at the LHR T5 arrivals lounger, before they close at 1400?
Old May 15, 2011, 7:19 pm

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by vla
TSA screeners have nothing else/nothing better to do than to come down to the gate and SPOT all departing pax and undertake searches before getting on the plane and look puffed up and intimidating
Being Arizona they're probably just racial profiling ... *note sarcasm*

Just be thankful they're not yet asking passengers for their long-form birth certificates and/or their circumcision certificates.

So glad I live in NYC & not America.
Old May 16, 2011, 6:33 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by paul.goffin
We fly home on the 288 tomorrow, scheduled to land at LHR at 13:05. Is there much chance of getting a shower at the LHR T5 arrivals lounger, before they close at 1400?
In my view, it is unlikely. In my 10+ years flying this route I have never managed to use the arrivals lounge,
that is, when it switched to LHR (I cannot recall LGW ). But perhaps you will have better luck, so give it
a try!

A propos, the Club lounge has a few windows (right side walking in; nothing on the left but seats). I must
agree that PHX has one of the better outstation lounges ^

H
Old Jun 13, 2011, 8:57 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
In researching, I couldn't quite find my answer. Do BA F pax (no status) have guest privileges? Wife and I in F will be departing PHX with two friends who will be in Y or W. I realize the lounge is small, I've been in it before, but thought I'd ask here just the same.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 9:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K SPG Plat HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy
In researching, I couldn't quite find my answer. Do BA F pax (no status) have guest privileges? Wife and I in F will be departing PHX with two friends who will be in Y or W. I realize the lounge is small, I've been in it before, but thought I'd ask here just the same.
No...only executive club members.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 11:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by markzz2
Agree with everyone else. The lounge staff are excellent. They make a real effort to interact and still go around with the trolley with a slecetion of really good sandwiches.
And will wake you up when you've fallen asleep to make sure you get on the plane
Old Jun 14, 2011, 3:31 am

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by qoodoo
No...only executive club members.
I thought F passengers were allowed 1 guest each as long as the guest was also flying BA / OW?

Or is PHX another lounge where a blanket "no guests because we're full" policy is observed?
Old Jun 14, 2011, 6:02 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by vla
I, too, am baffled by the heaps of praise thrown upon this perfectly fine but decidedly old school Executive Club lounge -- particularly when moans and whines are often made about the FLounge component at SFO, which PHX very closely replicates.

The Englishwoman with the sandwich trolley is lovely, though -- always up for a bit of a natter. She wasn't there the last time I passed through, however.

Free airport-wide WiFi is great btw -- when it works...

Oh yeah, and the TSA screeners have nothing else/nothing better to do than to come down to the gate and SPOT all departing pax and undertake searches before getting on the plane and look puffed up and intimidating -- but then again, a world city Phoenix is definitely not.

I was there in April and have to say the staff in BA uniforms were outstanding at every stage. The lounge is small but the view fabulous. Drink selection was good but food just average...I can understand the limitations on pre flight dining but it would make a huge difference at most US departure points after 6pm.

I could not however disagree more with the comment about the TSA. I dred US airport security but at PHX it was painless friendly and lacked the threatening approach I have recieved in DEN, BOS JFK and LAX....and I travel with 2 kids under 9, so really cannot understand the attitude.

I liked PHX, allthough the arrival trek to the car rental bus and subsequent drive is a pain
Old Jun 14, 2011, 6:04 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by HilFly
I thought F passengers were allowed 1 guest each as long as the guest was also flying BA / OW?

Or is PHX another lounge where a blanket "no guests because we're full" policy is observed?
There is just about enough space for 14 passengers and that will be why there is a restriction. The night I was there it felt cramped with 10 of us with our tribe accounting for 4 of the seats.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 7:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA Plat, Starwood Gold, AX Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred, Star Alliance Gold
When flying F, I have been allowed a guest (2 actually), but I was asked to stay on the Club side of the lounge for capacity reasons.

When in the F side of the lounge, I take note of who else is around me. Very often, those are not people seated in F with me when I board, so I can only presume the Golds make significant use of the F lounge.

Service at the lounge is top notch.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by binman
There is just about enough space for 14 passengers and that will be why there is a restriction.
Indeed. It is a question of capacity as those travelling in F are allowed a guest. In the same vein, and
as Nicksta wrote, it may be those not travelling in F (or the entire party) will be asked to use the
(slightly) larger Club lounge.

The short answer to the question ArizonaGuy is that everyone should be allowed in subject to capacity.

H
Old Dec 6, 2011, 6:14 pm

Can anyone tell me how the Club lounge in PHX compares with that at JFK.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 12:20 am

Originally Posted by MForrestS
Can anyone tell me how the Club lounge in PHX compares with that at JFK.
It is far smaller. It has no toilets inside the lounge (but there are some just outside which are mainly private to the lounge users). It has no showers. It has no pre-flight dining. It has no Spa. IME, the Wi-Fi is airport-controlled and is VERY slow.

BUT, it is staffed by some of the nicest BA personnel you will find anywhere in the network, who will make you feel especially welcome and ensure you are well looked after.

Shame you can't get into the F side of the lounge, as it has superb runway views of incoming aircraft, against the awesome red rock background.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 1:31 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by srt8
…the selection of food is rubbish until the inbound flight arrives as all the catering is on there.
Old post, I know, but it was intriguing. Surely BA doesn't use extra fuel to send lounge food from London to Arizona?
Old Dec 7, 2011, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by ExpatExp
Old post, I know, but it was intriguing. Surely BA doesn't use extra fuel to send lounge food from London to Arizona?
I'm not 100% sure on this, but I find it difficult to believe that the PHX lounge is catered by
food flown from LHR. As near as I can recall, all the sweets, biscuits, crisps (chips ) are
local. It would be pretty damn odd if the sandwiches hitched a ride!

H

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.