Community
Wiki Posts
Search

52,000 Avios for Amex Plat sign-up!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2012, 4:16 am

Programs: BD, AA, BA, CO Marriott Plat>gold, Hyatt Diamond>Plat,Hilton Gold SPG Gold PC Plat
Originally Posted by PZE
I've just had the same thing - about £1,350 spend to date, 42k "friend referral bonus" (or something like). Does anyone have any updated experience of this, e.g. having to then argue for the 52k, or getting the balance of 10k when spend hits £2k... or something else (better)?

A separate piece-of-string question of the type much loved on FT - is there any pattern to when Amex offers bonus rates for transferring MR to Avios?
Mrs xcalx got 44,000 at ~£1800 spend then had to contact Amex a few weeks after reaching the £2000 and the missing 8000 points were deposited within a few days. Where as my son phoned every month for 6 months until the 24000 point Gold spend bonus showed on his account
Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:50 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Marriott Rewards, BA Executive Club
How long does it take to receive the (first) CX card?

How long does it usually take to receive the CX gold card?

I received my Amex platinum card about a month ago and at the same same the Priority Pass card arrived but it is useless for Terminal 5. Oh, and a big up to Raffles for that ^, who actually recommended I go with a non referred application to get the 52000 MRs.

When I applied for the plat card the CX was not advertised at the time of application. However, on another forum it was explained to me how to find the Amex page which did allow me to apply for the CX, (as well as the Starwood card which was proactively advertised).
Old Nov 16, 2012, 1:21 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Considering it comes from HKG, I was surprised how quickly my CX card arrived. Around 10 days I think.

Before this though you can go on to the CX website and "retrieve" your new membership as if you've lost the details, using your email address. This will give you your FF no to put into bookings.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 6:49 am

Programs: BAEC GCH, CXMP Gold, Amex Plat, HH Gold, Accor Plat, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold
A question for all, which is pretty obvious, but I want to make sure.

I have just signed up to Amex Platinum (charge) card and my card is currently en route to my home address in London. I am on vacation in Orlando. Now, I need to book some hotels for my travels in Asia and Accor hotels are doing an additional 10% off if you book your stay before 22nd November and have a Club Accor account (any level).

Clearly, given it's 20th November now, I won't get my Accor Gold card before this deadline runs out.

My question is; can I create a normal Accor loyalty account, use that account to book my hotel stays and then upgrade that account to Gold when I receive my Amex card?

I assume the answer is yes, but I just want to make sure...
Old Nov 20, 2012, 6:51 am

Programs: VS Silver; BA Blue; HH Gold; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by stevieed
A question for all, which is pretty obvious, but I want to make sure.

I have just signed up to Amex Platinum (charge) card and my card is currently en route to my home address in London. I am on vacation in Orlando. Now, I need to book some hotels for my travels in Asia and Accor hotels are doing an additional 10% off if you book your stay before 22nd November and have a Club Accor account (any level).

Clearly, given it's 20th November now, I won't get my Accor Gold card before this deadline runs out.

My question is; can I create a normal Accor loyalty account, use that account to book my hotel stays and then upgrade that account to Gold when I receive my Amex card?

Yes. And it is Accor Platinum!
Old Nov 20, 2012, 6:52 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold

Yes, the application page will ask for your current number if you have one. you will then be upgraded to Platinum.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 6:53 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Perhaps simpler just to sign up and get instant Accor Platinum status?

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/viewfr...tatus-is-back/

You can then renew in future years using your Amex Plat status.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 6:57 am

Programs: BAEC GCH, CXMP Gold, Amex Plat, HH Gold, Accor Plat, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by alanjrobertson
Perhaps simpler just to sign up and get instant Accor Platinum status?

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/viewfr...tatus-is-back/

You can then renew in future years using your Amex Plat status.
Gah, promotion not valid anymore. Thanks for the link tho ^

Thanks for the other responses, I didn't realise it was Platinum.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 7:14 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Gah, promotion not valid anymore. Thanks for the link tho ^

Thanks for the other responses, I didn't realise it was Platinum.
Sorry to hear that - they come around fairly regularly so if you have a hunt you might be able to find one that's still working.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by alanjrobertson
Sorry to hear that - they come around fairly regularly so if you have a hunt you might be able to find one that's still working.
Will do, thanks.

If I find one I'll post back on here
Old Dec 14, 2012, 5:46 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Pro rata refund

My wife has platinum card.

She's transferred the miles.

If she cancels now does she get a pro rata refund?

Does she need a different amex to get the refund?
If she applies for one now will that work?
She has a corporate amex from her work.... But that's run entirely separately.

Thanks chaps.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 6:26 am

Programs: BAEC
This has probably already been confirmed earlier in the thread (couldn't be bothered reading too far back....) but can confirm that the CX Gold card is definitely an ongoing benefit as I just received my card yeaterday for another year.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 6:59 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by Horris
This has probably already been confirmed earlier in the thread (couldn't be bothered reading too far back....) but can confirm that the CX Gold card is definitely an ongoing benefit as I just received my card yeaterday for another year.
No one knows for sure. All those who took it out early on during its soft introduction last july/aug/sept got it renewed. But whether that was an indication that it'll renew again, or rather just rolling those early adoptors inline with the full program, who knows.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 7:02 am

Programs: Le Creuset 26cm square grillit club, laithwaites red club
I had my CX card renewed on 1st Dec, but who know how long they will continue for.

This is a continuing benefit rather than an ongoing benefit.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 7:21 am

I was looking to apply the AmEx before I book my WTP ticket to HKG in July which will cost about £1600... anyway, I am about to read this thread, but being over 200 pages long, which page should I start reading since this thread is 2 years old, I guess that half the stuff would be irrelevant anyway ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.