Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

20,000 BA Miles for £35!! (Amex Gold relaunch)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

20,000 BA Miles for £35!! (Amex Gold relaunch)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2010, 6:50 am

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by Raffles
Mine is just called the Gold Card everywhere, and I only got mine yesterday so I presume it is a bug-free one. The paperwork with the card was Preferred Rewards Gold. Under Card Benefits I only see the standard Gold Card benefits which talk of 1 MR point per £1.
Ok, I'll stop worring about mine then. Thanks.

Have tried to find the post I read, but no joy, I fear might be edited or burried in some other thread...
Old Jun 9, 2010, 7:02 am

Programs: British Airways, Virgin Atlantic
Originally Posted by weirdfish
Now bearing in mind I screwed up the activation and have a different account login for the new Gold card but my MR points show where the BA miles show on the BA PPlus card. I activated my card Friday morning and I didn't have the MR points display until today.

I may be wrong but I would say that it's the same set up as the credit card. Once a month you get a bill and you then pay it off. The only difference is you have to pay the full amount, although lets face it you have to be mad to not clear the full amount of the credit card on its APR

The same methods of payment are available, debit card, bank transfer etc. You do have the option to set up a direct debit if you want, it takes the full balance about 8 days from the date statement.
Can the balance on this card be paid off with a paypal top up card?
Old Jun 9, 2010, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Don't see why not seeing as you pay on the same website as for the BA Amex
Old Jun 9, 2010, 7:31 am

Watch your partners face as a chauffeured car pulls up to your LHR-FRA flight and stands at the bottom of the steps with a card with your name on, ready to whisk you away to the lounge.
Actually, I watched my mates face turn white with fear and nearly gave him a heart-attack, as he didnt get the principle of chauffeured collection, and thought that some family member had died or something! Cant please everyone.

you don't necessarily want all your eggs in that basket.
Agreed.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 8:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by oizilein
Can the balance on this card be paid off with a paypal top up card?
I've struggled to make a one-off payment to the Gold Card with my Paypal top-up card so if you are able to do this, I'd be grateful for confirmation that it does work.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 8:52 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by where2travel
I've struggled to make a one-off payment to the Gold Card with my Paypal top-up card so if you are able to do this, I'd be grateful for confirmation that it does work.
It worked for me last month and seems to have done so again this week.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 8:54 am

Programs: British Airways, Virgin Atlantic
My partner is a 2nd card holder on my BA Amex card. Can we get him a paypal top up card and do the same on his BA Amex card. Thereby spending 20K between the two cards(one account)?
Old Jun 9, 2010, 9:00 am

Programs: BAEC
I successfully paid the balance with my Paypal card (that is linked to my BA Amex) last month and have just paid of this months so it definitely works for me.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 9:03 am

My partner is a 2nd card holder on my BA Amex card. Can we get him a paypal top up card and do the same on his BA Amex card. Thereby spending 20K between the two cards(one account)?
I believe only the main cardholder is able to pay by debit card, so I doubt you'll get this to work.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 9:04 am

It can be done as I have that arrangement. You do need two paypal accounts also as it's only one topup card per paypal account.

It does seem to be a bit hit and miss though as some people have had bother for no obvious reason.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by londinense
It worked for me last month and seems to have done so again this week.
I successfully paid the balance with my Paypal card (that is linked to my BA Amex) last month and have just paid of this months so it definitely works for me.
Thanks for the replies, am glad to hear it should work. Are you making a one-off payment before the monthly statement date or after?
Old Jun 9, 2010, 10:57 am

Are you making a one-off payment before the monthly statement date or after?

After, as you can only make a payment by debit card when there is an outstanding balance which on the charge card will only be statement time as you have to clear the balance each time.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 11:18 am

After, as you can only make a payment by debit card when there is an outstanding balance which on the charge card will only be statement time as you have to clear the balance each time.
Thanks for your help, I've now managed to pay off the latest balance (the statement date was yesterday). To avoid double payment, I've had to cancel the direct debit (which was easy enough to do).

I assume I don't need a linked (automatic) direct debit for this card? I set that up when I applied - I thought I had to to ensure payment within a week of the statement date.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 12:05 pm

I assume I don't need a linked (automatic) direct debit for this card? I set that up when I applied - I thought I had to to ensure payment within a week of the statement date.
You don't need it no.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 2:58 pm

Programs: BMI, BA, PC-gold,SPG
Originally Posted by chistery
That's what they told me, twice, but the card number online changed, and now a new card arrived.
pi55 up and brewery spring to mind

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.