Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

20,000 BA Miles for 35!! (Amex Gold relaunch)

20,000 BA Miles for 35!! (Amex Gold relaunch)

Old Jun 2, 10, 7:10 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by RAPC View Post
Have some patience. It can take a few weeks for enquiries to be resolved via Quidco. They have to email AMEX or the managing affiliate network and then wait for their team to investigate and then get back to them. It typically will be done in batches, quite possibly once per month.

Just need to wait it out until the status changes.

My experience so far of queries is that the status changes from "query" to "paid" or "declined" without showing "tracked" - except on the front page. Patience as you say is essential.
Old Jun 2, 10, 8:01 am

Programs: BAEC
We have a couple of M & S shops attached to BP garages in the area and they both earn double points. It may be because it sees the merchant as fuel, although it is listed seperately from a fuel only purchase.

If you buy fuel only it shows on the statement as BP, if you buy 'stuff' only it shows as Convenience Store. If you buy both, even if its just a bag of crisps, it shows as one transaction under Conveniece Store. It all attracts 2x points though.
Old Jun 2, 10, 8:11 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
I was told that my M&S food shopping doesn't count for bonus miles as they are not classed as a supermarket.
Old Jun 2, 10, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by chistery View Post
I was told that my M&S food shopping doesn't count for bonus miles as they are not classed as a supermarket.
Thinking about it, I'm pretty sure my purchases qualified 2x due to it being seen as a Fuel merchant
Old Jun 2, 10, 3:47 pm

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/14012886-post379.html
First year welcome bonus
Sainsbury's Petrol Station (Two Bonuses - One for Petrol, One for Supermarket) {and it was the cheapest one around}.

No bonus
Amazon.co.uk (even for items sold by Amazon EU SrL
Whole Foods Market (Thought this might come up as a supermarket but it didn't)
Old Jun 2, 10, 4:57 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Coronavirus, Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by chistery View Post
Now I know where to do my weekly shop and which card to use when I go to M&S.

But why no bonus points from the Hilton? Payment was made in CHF.
Old Jun 2, 10, 6:00 pm

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by JPS76 View Post
Thistle hotels not recognised for Travel Bonus - will need manual chasing.
That ought to be a bit embarrasing, as they currently have an amex discount offer on in the amex offers pages!
Old Jun 3, 10, 2:10 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, BA Silver, FB Explorer
To whoever asked about whether a corporate card would preclude you getting this, it was OK for me. I have a corporate charge card and the BA black card Amex. My application wasn't approved immediately but after review it was accepted.

And a Flybe purchase also got double points.
Old Jun 3, 10, 2:47 am

Programs: BA Exec Blue, IHG Spire, HHonor Gold, Accor Platinum.
Quidco is tracking

Originally Posted by koshka View Post
Applied and accepted instantly on 31/5 and received the Quidco tracking confirmation on 1/6. One of the smoothest online transactions I've ever done
Mrs Bm applied 2nd June and Quidco tracked too ^

My MR points are now sorted with (as mentioned) Tesco petrol giving x3 points.

Add merchant to list
Encore Ramada x2

I've only just spent over 500 so will wait for that bonus to appear.
Old Jun 3, 10, 4:52 pm

Programs: Aadvantage Gold 1MM, BA Blue again :-(, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by blindman View Post
Mrs Bm applied 2nd June and Quidco tracked too ^
I've only just spent over 500 so will wait for that bonus to appear.
Just double checking, on the signup page it says "Until the 7th June, new Members will receive 20,000 bonus points when they spend just 500 in their first 3 months."

Does this mean, people who joined by 7th June, then get their card and 3 months to spend the 500, or "people who join and manage to spend 500 by 7th June" - because obviously that would be impossible for anyone joining now.

EDIT: OK I see asked and answered in post 486, off to sign up.
Old Jun 3, 10, 4:58 pm

It's the former, however, I would imagine that if you don't get accepted online immediately and have to wait for them to approve you, you may miss the boat.
Old Jun 3, 10, 5:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
Today I received several bonus allocations, presumably to bring my points balnce to what it should originally have been. Now I await the 500 bonus.
Old Jun 3, 10, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by weirdfish View Post
It's the former, however, I would imagine that if you don't get accepted online immediately and have to wait for them to approve you, you may miss the boat.
But how do you know which day you are approved?! I applied last week and got the 'we'll let you know in 10 business days' message. Now, 10 days would take me past the 7th June! I think it will be based on application date and Amex would always cough up the 20k on appeal if it didn't post automatically.
Old Jun 3, 10, 7:03 pm

Programs: BA, AMEX PP
Double points on AerLingus.com

Unfortunately only single points from High Street M&S Simply Food. I note that the Co-op have been listed as double points, but my local High Street Co-op has only credited single points.
Old Jun 4, 10, 2:10 am

Originally Posted by Raffles View Post
But how do you know which day you are approved?! I applied last week and got the 'we'll let you know in 10 business days' message. Now, 10 days would take me past the 7th June! I think it will be based on application date and Amex would always cough up the 20k on appeal if it didn't post automatically.
You're probably right, but knowing the issues that have surrounded this promotion I wouldn't put money on it. (no pun intended )

Search this Thread