Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

20,000 BA Miles for £35!! (Amex Gold relaunch)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

20,000 BA Miles for £35!! (Amex Gold relaunch)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2010, 1:36 pm

Programs: BA Exec Blue, IHG Spire, HHonor Gold, Accor Platinum.
Originally Posted by redshift27
Don't hold your breath.

My wife applied about 5 days after me. She was approved immediately online (woo!) and the card came 3-4 days later (woo!). Quidco even tracked for her (woo!). But it has not earned double points on grocery spend and on phoning Amex it seems, even at this late stage in the offer, that she too has been sent an ordinary Gold card in error. Still in the throes of sorting this.
Same here.

Wifes app accepted, 1st June Quidco tracked one day later.

She got the "ordinary Gold Card"

Also the quidco tracing has it for the"Platinum" card Still £60 cashback though

What a complete farce

BTW
Anyone notice the offer has been extended until the 5th July 2010
Old Jun 6, 2010, 4:05 am

Programs: HH Gold
Ordered , tracked a day later
Old Jun 6, 2010, 2:01 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
A second card arrived on Friday. As no spend has appeared in the statement since I've no idea if bonus points will post correctly with the new card.
Old Jun 6, 2010, 9:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
A second card arrived on Friday. As no spend has appeared in the statement since I've no idea if bonus points will post correctly with the new card.
I'd happily forego any points in return for my spends never appearing in the statement.

I received my new card last week as well and received a secure message advising me that they have credited my account £20 for the "inconvenience".

Last edited by Blueboys999; Jun 6, 2010 at 9:46 pm
Old Jun 6, 2010, 11:23 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Blueboys999
I'd happily forego any points in return for my spends never appearing in the statement.
^

I received my new card last week as well and received a secure message advising me that they have credited my account £20 for the "inconvenience".
That's even better.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 2:03 am

Programs: BA Silver
Got the £20 credit yesterday also, still waiting for the points though...
Old Jun 7, 2010, 4:17 am

Programs: BA IHG
used LAN.com to purchase some tickets.

LAN UK website - LAN AIRLINES SA LONDON UK -
NO Bonus miles awarded

LAN Argentina website - LAN ARGENTINA.COM C AUT BS AS CAP FED
Travel bonus + Outbound spend bonus (so triple miles ^^)
Old Jun 7, 2010, 9:18 am
pb3

Programs: BAEC - Blue - How the once mighty have fallen
Originally Posted by jinglejungle
Ordered , tracked a day later
Well you have us "early adopters" to thank for smoothing the way for you

Good luck in getting the cashback paid. To date I'm not aware of anyone successful in this regard.

Having raised a manual payment enquiry a month after application, I'm still waiting patiently 3 weeks on...
Old Jun 8, 2010, 2:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
After quite some wrangling I've finally got bonus points posted on most of my purchases with the exception of Holiday Inn and East Midlands Trains both of which I'll have chase manually.

I've just re-read the the important information at the Preferred Gold Card website.

I must admit that the wording of section 4 (especially when read in conjunction with 5.) seems to imply that travel gets a bonus of 2 MR points per pound so triple points?

4. You will accrue Membership Rewards Points for transactions (other than cash advances) charged and billed to your account at the following rates:
1 point for virtually every full pound charged per transaction.
You will also accrue Points in addition to this for certain transaction at the rate of 2 Points for virtually every full pound charged per transactions at major airline, car hire, rail, cruise, lodging and travel package / agencies.

5. You will accrue Points in addition to this for certain transactions at the rate of 1 Point for virtually every full pound charged per transaction at major supermarkets and petrol stations for your first year of cardmembership.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 2:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Still no card or a formal rejection letter - today is the 7th working day after I applied.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 2:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
I'm well confused by it all, but now seem to have been award 2 points per £ spent, but still await the 20k bonus and the Quidco cash back, which is still tracking!

I assume that now that I have my 2-4-1, I am better off using the Gold card, until I start earning towards my next voucher?

Did I read that the redemption for BA miles is worth having under the MR scheme, or is BMI better value?
Old Jun 8, 2010, 4:16 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, HHonours Diamond, BA AMEX PremPlus
Originally Posted by botham
I assume that now that I have my 2-4-1, I am better off using the Gold card, until I start earning towards my next voucher?
Unless you're spending on BA flights, assuming you have the BA PP card. 3x spend is better than the 2x on travel from the GC.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Only just managed to register my account online (added to existing one) and noticed that a Tesco shop a few days ago has posted as 1 point per £ spent instead of 2.

Am I correct in thinking that an online groceries shop qualifies for double points? And if they haven’t does this mean they have sent me the wrong card?
Old Jun 8, 2010, 5:39 am

Originally Posted by Raffles
Still no card or a formal rejection letter - today is the 7th working day after I applied.
Ditto, but slightly longer for me. I put in a chaser call end of last week and was told I'd be called over the weekend. I've not been. I'm less worried now that they've extended the deadline, but the guy on the phone did confirm that as long as the application was received before the (then) 7th June deadline the offer would be honoured.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 6:11 am

I notice you can now get 40,000 bonus membership rewards points if you open the platinum charge card and spend £1500 within 3 months. With quidco net cost that would be £240 which is great value, especially the the insurances, priority pass etc that come with the card.
I have already taken advantage of the gold rewards offer and am also tempted to take advantage of the BA card 18,000 intro and the platinum bonus.
I have an excellent credit rating but wonder if this is too many credit cards within too short a period of time (eg 3 months) to realistically get accepted. However perhaps as two of them are charge cards differing criteria apply and I may get all 3?
These current offers seem the best of all time and my fear is they won't be repeated upon expiration.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.