Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

20,000 BA Miles for £35!! (Amex Gold relaunch)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2012, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by ups
On the subject of Lounge Club, what is the best way to get the most out of these 2 free visits? LHR and LGW are my likely departure points.
Probably the No 1 lounges at LGW, otherwise Servisair at both. Check at https://www.loungeclub.com/en/our-lounges/
No BA lounges with this card.
Also assume from the comment above that 2 people can visit at the same time without being charged, and it doesn't have to be 1 person for 2 visits.
Yes.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 9:08 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by britbronco22
4x points on BA?? I've never experienced that, what type of booking was it and where did it originate?
All of my bookings originating from London, irrespective of the class of service. Not other countries / airports though.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 11:52 am

Programs: BA bronze card, NHS Blood Donor silver card
rejected then appealed

Originally Posted by teflon
Rats. Rejected. I suspect I have too many other lines of credit available at present, despite not really using any of it. Will have to see if I can get the OH to apply in the meantime.
Hopefully this information will be of use to someone: After I was rejected, I thought I might try reducing the amount of credit I had available on other cards, and closed my Lloyds Avios cards, then wrote to appeal their decision.

I haven't had any cards pop through my door just yet, but I got an email this morning welcoming me to paperless statements, and the friend who referred me says that 12,000 points have turned up in his MR account - so it looks like I've been accepted, and that a referral can even survive going through the appeals process. Which is nice.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 12:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
For five days only ....

30,000 MR points for the Gold sign-up!

Full details and the special link here: http://headforpoints.com/2012/10/31/...d-5-days-only/

Pangalactic is owed a beer for getting the PDF for us.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 9:18 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Raffles
For five days only ....

Full details and the special link here: http://headforpoints.com/2012/10/31/...d-5-days-only/

I wish Panny hadn't found this! I was going to refer a friend, now I'm in a bit of an ethical dilemma. Tell him to apply for the 30k deal, or refer him for 22k and pocket my 12k bonus.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 11:28 am

Programs: VS Silver; BA Blue; HH Gold; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by britbronco22
I wish Panny hadn't found this! I was going to refer a friend, now I'm in a bit of an ethical dilemma. Tell him to apply for the 30k deal, or refer him for 22k and pocket my 12k bonus.
Just don't tell him about the 30k and don't refer him until after 5th Nov - then a clear conscience!
Old Oct 31, 2012, 12:50 pm

Is there somewhere I can find people to refer me to get the extra 12k before the 4th?
Old Oct 31, 2012, 1:03 pm

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
The extra 12,000 goes to the referrer, not the referree. You'd do better to go for the 30,000 available at the moment (without a reference) rather than the 22,000 (to you) with a reference.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by louie-m
The extra 12,000 goes to the referrer, not the referree. You'd do better to go for the 30,000 available at the moment (without a reference) rather than the 22,000 (to you) with a reference.
thanks for the advice, ill do just that.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 4:42 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
I'm going to fly in the face of FT politeness a bit as massively jetlagged, and have only just started my quest for BA Miles - and something obvious only just struck me. So excuse me for once if I missed the right thread - but this is something I should jump on if need be.

Is there a corporate AMEX card I could ascertain for my (smallish) business as just realised how much I (personally) could benefit. Charge card would be fine as clear monthly, but the amount I put through our existing (HSBC) card gains me nothing. And then refer the other people in my company etc... we do actually use AMEX international payments, but never thought previously about using AMEX for company payments.

This offer I presume is for personal use - is there a small business referal option - as I do note they have SMS cards (https://www.americanexpress.com/uk/s...ult_body.shtml) - how would I maximise miles / referrals for business?
Old Nov 1, 2012, 4:45 am

I don't think you can refer people to the UK business cards. Sadly the Gold Business card used to give 2 MR points per £1 spent on everything but it's recently changed back to 1 point per £1 - I was tempted to take one out for business expenses but it's not really worth it now.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
That website doesn't show you the BA Small Business card, which is here - http://www.britishairways.com/travel...s/public/en_gb

1 mile per £1, miles go the employee and not the company.

The extra OnBusiness points can be a good deal and make the card worthwhile if you book a lot of BA travel.

You may be better off using a personal card for more miles, though, and reclaiming (from yourself) your spend for business purposes.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 9:59 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
That website doesn't show you the BA Small Business card, which is here - http://www.britishairways.com/travel...s/public/en_gb

1 mile per £1, miles go the employee and not the company.

The extra OnBusiness points can be a good deal and make the card worthwhile if you book a lot of BA travel.

You may be better off using a personal card for more miles, though, and reclaiming (from yourself) your spend for business purposes.
Thanks - but we don't do OnBusiness. I agree with personal card option, but I noticed there are several repeating transactions we use the company card for (which could extend to everything from Business Rates to Rent) which I could move to AMEX - but it would be wrong, and probably unjustifiable if I used a personal card to do so...! To be honest I probably only reclaim about £100 a month from my personal cards from work.

And thanks Olly - I presume the 1 membership point translates as 1 BA Mile, so worthwhile - better than nothing. I also presume there is no referral or reduced yearly fee offers out there (anyone who wants a business referral?!).
Old Nov 1, 2012, 10:04 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
For five days only ....

Perhaps also thanks to me for organising the event which got the PDF in the first place. The PDF is also here and there is a thread about this on the AMEX forum.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 5:35 am

Programs: Diamond Club Silver, BAEC Silver,HHonors Silver, Virgin
i've got an avis car rental coming up in the states - which is it better to pay with in terms of avios/mr earn: BA Amex or Gold preferred cards. Would I get double double bonus on the latter - double for overseas spend + double for carhire i.e travel spend.

Thanks !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.