Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex & BA Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2012, 7:47 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Paralytic
All my credits have appeared either 2 or 3 days after the transaction date on my Amex account. All spend from Friday, Saturday and Sunday has now reached my account (though I've a problem with my BMI Amex card - nothing is showing there).
Update - the £25 credit for my Harvey Nichols purchase on Sunday is now appearing on my MBNA BMI online account, even though i never got a notification from FourSquare.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by PanGalactic
Does it email you once you have made the transaction like they did with the shop small offer?

I've already checked all my accounts in to GAP Westfield tomorrow but might not be able to make it so thinking I might pop over to Brent Cross today.
I haven't had any "offer loaded" or "spend made" emails but did check into one tesco (from work) but spent my £50 at another one and got the £10 cashback ok.

Additionally, I checked into a Tesco and used a different Tesco Fuel and got the £10 back there too.

So, it doesn't look like you have to checkin/load from the specific outlet you make the purchase from.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by alanjrobertson
Vouchers are fine, but just remember to spend them soon - they only have a fairly rubbish six month validity.
The customer service desk at Harvey Nichols Knightsbridge has told me that the vouchers issued by their store can be used at their store forever, if you intend to use at other locations, then you Will need to use it before the expiring date.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 9:20 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Gap Weirdness

Just checked in to Gap Brent Cross on all my cards and it offer for the free £10 only came up on 2/6 cards.

On the 4 cards it failed to come up on, I was able to get the offer by checking in to Gap Westfield.

Anyone managed to check into one Gap and get credit by shopping in another one?

Not sure if I should risk this.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by PanGalactic
Just signed up for 12 foursquare accounts and synced a different card to each one.

Phew - my head hurts, so do my fingers!

I'm planning to hit Gap in Westfield on Friday and Harvey Nichols in Knightsbridge next week.

Has anyone been to these shops and stood at the till making payments with several different cards?

Were they OK with it?, or is there a risk they will get funny with me?

What's the best strategy?
I think 2 cards will be fine most of time..4-6 cards...will really depends on the shops and whoever is at the till at the time.

I kind of judge the situation accordingly. If you are being friendly and polite I think you can get away with it. Sometimes I just explain to them what I am doing, and they are happy to put the transactions separately..However, 12 cards at once might be a bit much though, perhaps best to try 4-6 cards first?

When I was at Harvey Nichols Knightsbridge the other day, the guy at the customer service desk knew exactly what I am after, he told me some people came in with 7 Amex cards and bought 7x £25 gift vouchers..so if you want to buy 12x £25 gift vouchers there at once, you will probably just top their list but I don't think they will have problem with it.

There are chairs just in front of the customer service desk, very convenient if you need to log in and log out with all you accounts.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 10:20 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Does anyone know what happens if a card I've already used for one offer has expired at the end of Nov, can I sign up to another foursquare account and sync its replacement to redo all the offers again?
Old Dec 6, 2012, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by crystak
Does anyone know what happens if a card I've already used for one offer has expired at the end of Nov, can I sign up to another foursquare account and sync its replacement to redo all the offers again?
Does the replacement have a different 15 digit number? If so, I doubt it will work. If its different, I still doubt it will work since it will be connected to the same "account".

Probably worth a try if, for example, you're going to spend £10 is Starbucks anyway, but I wouldn't go out of my way to spend on it.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by Raffles
Any idea if Liberty loyalty points are earned when you buy a gift card (like Harrods) or when you redeem (like Tesco)?
It is the same as Tesco, you get points when you redeem.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 1:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Paralytic
Does the replacement have a different 15 digit number? If so, I doubt it will work. If its different, I still doubt it will work since it will be connected to the same "account".

Probably worth a try if, for example, you're going to spend £10 is Starbucks anyway, but I wouldn't go out of my way to spend on it.
Decided to give it a go today in Starbucks and spent £12 but it took a couple of minutes to get the special loaded onto the iphone. £5 back via Amex, very nice. For some reason the coffee and cake tasted much better ^
Old Dec 7, 2012, 1:42 am

Originally Posted by leaveamessage
Can anyone confirm whether the £25 foursquare/harvey nichols works in multiple locations -for example check in at the manchester store, and at a later date the london store using the same card & foursquare account?
I was wondering this also. Unlike is the case with Gap, Starbucks etc. Each individual HN can be loaded seperately without giving any indication another store has been visited.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 1:55 am

I had an odd thing yesterday. I had checked into Tesco a few days earlier and loaded to my card. When I then went to check in yesterday it showed as not loaded, so I had to hit load again. Has anyone else experienced this?
Old Dec 7, 2012, 2:46 am

Originally Posted by mike&co
Decided to give it a go today in Starbucks and spent £12 but it took a couple of minutes to get the special loaded onto the iphone. £5 back via Amex, very nice. For some reason the coffee and cake tasted much better ^
Nice one - did your replacement card have the same card number or a new number?
Old Dec 7, 2012, 4:04 am

Programs: BA something, Luftwaffe SEN, CX Gold, Pilsbury Doughboy Fanclub, and lots of Amex cards
No matter where i do this, or whether before or after paying, I STILL get no load to card button. Just 'you have unlocked this special' after checking in and paying.
Unsynced, resynced, refreshed, latest foursquare version, and still the same. I have to chase each one manually which takes about 2 months for them to credit- very annoying.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 4:08 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by leaveamessage
No matter where i do this, or whether before or after paying, I STILL get no load to card button. Just 'you have unlocked this special' after checking in and paying.
Unsynced, resynced, refreshed, latest foursquare version, and still the same. I have to chase each one manually which takes about 2 months for them to credit- very annoying.
And when you click on the unlocked special what does it say? That's where the load to card option should be - you're meant to do this before paying.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 7:56 am

Programs: BA, VS
9000 Avios on Blue card for existing BAPP cardholders?

The answer is probably here somewhere but there are a gazillion posts in this thread so...

Mrs V has just been accepted for the BA AMEX Blue card, cancelling her existing BAPP card in the process. Is there any chance of her getting the 9000 Avios for the £1000 spend on the new card? T&Cs state not eligible if held a BA AMEX in the last 6 months. I'm just wondering whether this rule is enforced. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.