Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A travel game for BAEC FT fliers

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2011, 8:59 am

Programs: BA: Silver,
Originally Posted by dark_horse
I very nearly ended up playing with myself (steady! ) last month as I defaced a page on the morning flight to JER. Some weeks later I was supposed to be in the same seat (5A) on what I later discovered was the same aircraft.

Sadly, the CE curtain was put back a row and I was, in fact, in 6A. Would that have counted as a win?!
You could have arranged to meet up with yourself and have a drink in the lounge before your next flight
Old Nov 3, 2011, 9:04 am

Programs: AB Platinum (AB4EVA), IHG Diamond, Dominos Gold
Originally Posted by onaswan
Are we still conducting this 'sport'? I have had no hits, nor reports of being 'hit'. Still, it's the start of a new month / highlife and with a few flights coming up next week, I'm hoping to change that.
I gave up... marked several High Life's (mainly DUS-LHR; LGW-JER) and never hit anybody, or have been hit as far as I am aware..
Old Jan 24, 2012, 2:23 am
Suspended

Programs: Mucci, BAEC (Silver), FlyBe
Originally Posted by onaswan
I very nearly ended up playing with myself (steady! ) last month as I defaced a page on the morning flight to JER. Some weeks later I was supposed to be in the same seat (5A) on what I later discovered was the same aircraft.

Sadly, the CE curtain was put back a row and I was, in fact, in 6A. Would that have counted as a win?!
You could have arranged to meet up with yourself and have a drink in the lounge before your next flight
Sadly, I have to report that yesterday I was on the same aircraft and in the same seat as I was a few weeks previously. My graffiti wasn't in the magazine, nor in the magazines seats nearby.

I am forced to conclude that someone felt my autograph was too valuable to leave on board and half-inched it. I feel the odds of success in this game are very low, but I'm still (stubbornly) going to continue playing it!
Old Jan 24, 2012, 3:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS & Aeroplan Red, Marriott Silver, Hilton Honours, Hertz Gold, GHA Discovery Platinum
Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
I have thought about doing this but I always forget to travel with a pen.
You can always ask the CC for a pen, I believe. Not sure if that will help, though....

Only just found this - will start playing on my next flight.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Lowering the tone

Sadly, I have to report that yesterday I was on the same aircraft and in the same seat as I was a few weeks previously. My graffiti wasn't in the magazine, nor in the magazines seats nearby.
... well that will eliminate the allegation that you were playing with yourself

But still curious!

I have managed to discover my own graffiti before, perhaps somebody removed the mag, and replacements have been inserted. It certainly reduces the odds though
Old Jan 24, 2012, 1:27 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
I'm still playing, too!
Old Mar 13, 2012, 3:26 am

Programs: BAEC
New Player

Hi all,

I was on the BA0663 on the 11th March and was quite surprised when I opened the Europe pages of High Life to find:

http://s8.postimage.org/pcbitru5x/photo.jpg

Unfortunately I didn't have a pen to add my details below. But will carry one in future. I also wonder how many hits have ever appeared together on one High Life Page ?
Old Mar 13, 2012, 1:10 pm

Programs: BAEC
Im going to join in!! Look out for me on MAN to LHR x
Old Mar 13, 2012, 1:54 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by dafula
Hi all,

I was on the BA0663 on the 11th March and was quite surprised when I opened the Europe pages of High Life to find:

http://s8.postimage.org/pcbitru5x/photo.jpg

Unfortunately I didn't have a pen to add my details below. But will carry one in future. I also wonder how many hits have ever appeared together on one High Life Page ?
Have to commend antichef for the dedication in continuing to do this! I have to confess I always check, but don't think I fly in seats FTers tend to fly in.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

That one was in 1D or 1F, which are usually reserved for GCHs until t-24 IIRC. Actualy I was booked and OCLI'd in 1D the day before but work ran over and I had to get myself offlloaded and shuffled back one day. As I do LCA every month there usually is one of mine marked up. Bear in mind the game was started because three of us here who are regulars on that run realised we all preferred the same seat.

As I did 7 flights between Sun- Sat last week I tend to leave a lot of marks! I also had three other booking and offloaded myself from those flights as I got rerouted and retasked. Slightly busier than the average week, which have been only about 4 flights per week recently

Marking up any seat down the back really is a reduced chance of a hit, but as a lot of posters here would have some status or knowledge of the system they presumably will aim for where there is a higher chance of a strike in the exit rows or the front cabin of CE in "preferential seats", and on CW probably in 64A&K etc.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 3:29 pm

I'm still marking and checking out the map pages but I haven't had a hit yet!
Old Mar 14, 2012, 2:31 am
Suspended

Programs: Mucci, BAEC (Silver), FlyBe
Originally Posted by andset1191
...don't think I fly in seats FTers tend to fly in.
Do you mean economy? There's a lot of us around here (we're just less vocal than the F and J lot!)
Old Mar 14, 2012, 2:38 pm
Original Poster

Well, C too in this case!
Old Jun 20, 2012, 2:02 pm

I've marked up a few magazines in Europe in the last couple of weeks. Can anyone find me?

Happy hunting!
Old Dec 10, 2012, 1:03 pm

Just giving this one a bump for the festive season.

I still haven't had a hit, but I keep trying!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.