Wiki Posts
Search

A travel game for BAEC FT fliers

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2010, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Since I have BBB's authorisation, I shall scribble away. Thank you BBB!
No rude pictures though! ^
Old Jan 3, 2010, 3:48 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
No rude pictures though! ^
Now that you mention it...
Old Jan 3, 2010, 4:05 pm

Programs: Hilton Silver VIP, Overworked Cabin Crew
Get the No.4 to make a decent cup of tea? That's if the APU is still on and there is still water pressure...
Ha Ha BBB, remember where I work, I never have a number 4 just me on my tod to sort catering, stop the cleaners from breaking the divider, sorting out the flight crew etc etc etc
Old Jan 3, 2010, 4:07 pm

Programs: Hilton Silver VIP, Overworked Cabin Crew
Ha ha ha... I could not give a Will's Wonk what goes into the magazines on board... They get taken off and shredded after month or two... and there are always spares floating around if a fellow passenger really wants a pristine copy! You scribble away darling!
No but the ones where the pages are stuck together really worry me
Old Jan 3, 2010, 4:15 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, Scandic 3rd Floor, PC Pleb, FB Off White, Tufty Club
Originally Posted by galleyslave
Eeeeeewwwwwwwww! (as my kids would say)
Old Jan 3, 2010, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ha Ha BBB, remember where I work, I never have a number 4 just me on my tod to sort catering, stop the cleaners from breaking the divider, sorting out the flight crew etc etc etc
True true...

I am glad to see that is not just a Heathrow thing then... Honestly... they are sssooo heavy handed sometimes, no wonder things don't work!
Old Jan 3, 2010, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Indeed... I often wonder how where and when it happened... And why certain pages... nothing particularly "interesting" on the pages in questions usually!
Old Jan 4, 2010, 3:29 am

Programs: BAEC, Iberia+
Yuck!

Anyhow... what seat should we choose? It seems unlikely we'll get a hit, unless we scramble to look through all HL's in a row?
Old Jan 4, 2010, 4:05 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by jaslocombe
Anyhow... what seat should we choose? It seems unlikely we'll get a hit, unless we scramble to look through all HL's in a row?
I'm normally the occupier of 1D or 2D if I am travelling CE, depending on the amount of hand luggage (not much = 1D, because 1D doesn't have a seat in front to put my handbag under and I feel really guilty if I feel I am being an overhead locker space hog).

For ET, I try to get the front row of ET in C.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 6:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Well last week I had a lot of time sitting at LHR on my return to fill my name onto the map page. Introduced one of the flight attendants to FT and explained what I was doing - which got a chuckle! You can get very pally when you have seven hours together onboard for a one hour flight.

Not that there is some semblance of order being restored that those still flying with BA will be encouraged to play!!

It really was not the best start to the game as it got rapidly buried in snow and cancellation posts
Old Feb 2, 2010, 9:40 am
Original Poster

new Month bump

As January got rapidly swamped by snow disruption, I hope you dont mind a bump of this thread to see if we can start a new month with some fun
Old Feb 2, 2010, 9:53 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Amex and some hotels
Originally Posted by antichef
As January got rapidly swamped by snow disruption, I hope you dont mind a bump of this thread to see if we can start a new month with some fun
I've been happily defacing HL maps page since my first flight this year (I think it was Jan 6th) mind you - after 6 hours in the B lounge wine bar and 3 glasses of fizz waiting for deicing etc. The one I did in 62K probably wasn't very clear. Since then I've defaced another 62K and a 64K. Realised yesterday that it was pointless scribbling on the 64K I had as it was Feb 1st and the HL was marked as Jan (so I assumed it would get replaced after return to LHR.)

OT: the fifth freedom flight I had EZE-GRU yesterday was great. Proper seat/ bed, AVOD (not that I used it), fizz before take off, 3 course lunch (with 2, count them, 2 chocolates - all for a 2 hour flight. I even got given a Elemis bag thingy (very useful as I'm almost out of toothpaste)

why can't CE be like this? *sigh*
Old Feb 3, 2010, 6:54 am
NFH
Suspended

Programs: BA bronze, Hilton gold, Marriott gold, IHG plat, Meliá gold, Radisson gold, Hyatt disc, AmexPlat
I also did a 62K on LHR-HKG the other night. I think this is the most likely seat to get a hit.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 5:14 pm
Original Poster

A gentle bump to encourage new players

Well another month, and I am off to LCA in the morning in 1D, so wonder if there will any messages for me?
Old Mar 10, 2010, 5:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by antichef
Well another month, and I am off to LCA in the morning in 1D, so wonder if there will any messages for me?
Think your flogging a dead horse.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.