Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A travel game for BAEC FT fliers

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2010, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Seat swappers, FT yellow tags and using ba97.com!!

Last Friday I was in ATH heading to LHR, and a check on ba97.com had shown me that Competency was due to be on the flight. We exchanged PM and we expected to meet in the BA lounge, and he spotted me by the FT label on my bag. We probably seldom meet other FTers "in the wild" especially within Europe, so this was a pleasant opportunity.

Having had a chat and drink we went to board. I was in 1D and the chap in 1F wished to sit beside his partner who was seated further back, being sensible he offered to swap with the chap in 3B (instead of asking me to swap with the inferior side seats)[see FT threads passim]. Of course that was Competency!

When I lifted the magazines to fill in the details on the map page we had a good chuckle, as he would have recognised me as a FT travel game player from this activity had we not met some minutes earlier.

I therefore wrote up the entries from us both on the same pages! Unfortunately it being near the end of the month there was not much opportunity for any others to catch our entry. Nonetheless, it counts as a meet and a hit at the same time.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 1:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Amex and some hotels
being sensible he offered to swap with the chap in 3B
Swapping 1F for that mini little half seat at 3B is not sensible IMO

I'm still defacing High Life's with abandon. My CE flight the other day (1F on a 319) resulted in an odd look from 1A, who then picked up his mag and started browsing - I know he was trying to see what page I had been writing on...
Old Nov 3, 2010, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

By "being sensible" I meant he did not ask me to depart 1D for 3A, as he would have received advice to the effect of his obvious solution ie if you really want to sit beside your partner, offer someone else the nice seat and you take their half seat. He went straight to 3B and asked him politely if he would oblige!
Old Nov 3, 2010, 5:40 pm

Programs: Mucci Entry Level, BA Gold, EK Pleb, SK Pleb, QR Pleb
Originally Posted by antichef
By "being sensible" I meant he did not ask me to depart 1D for 3A, as he would have received advice to the effect of his obvious solution ie if you really want to sit beside your partner, offer someone else the nice seat and you take their half seat. He went straight to 3B and asked him politely if he would oblige!
Something is strange here,

The "B" seat isn't used in CE. The config is A, C, D, F.

All seats are exactly the same, except a bit less space between A and C seat compared to D and F.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by Lobengula
The "B" seat isn't used in CE
Old Dec 17, 2010, 8:25 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Just giving this a bump.

It's a time of year when many FTers will be flying - it would be nice to hear of some Flyertalk Game hits.

I marked up a couple of High Life magazines on my travels this week - I would love to hear that someone found them.

Useful advice: If you're going to play, take a fine point Sharpie - ball points don't work too well on the covers.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 11:59 pm

Programs: BA/EC Silver
This is a brilliant idea... My route(s) ZRH-LHR & LHR-YUL (plus the occasional 'other' e.g. LHR-MAN) will be endorsed as instructed!

VM
Old Jan 30, 2011, 4:06 am

Location: usually somewhere between 30000 and 40000 feet...but actually the English countryside
Programs: BA GGL/Lifetime Gold, EK Gold, Lowly M&M, Marriott tit, Hhonors Diamond, numerous others
Was reading up on this and 62a and 5F suitably endorsed on the LHR - HKG route for last week which was likely a waste of time given the end of the month so will try again 2nd week of Feb, same route.

Need to see if those people over at CX play also.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Bingo! - but with myself....

Was on BA663 today in 1D, and found a hit in the High Life maps.

I had made an entry on 17 April when the aircraft (WX for those who are 767 followers) did the LHR-LCA outbound rotation!!

Also had an FT meet "in the wild" when a chap spotted my FT tag in the LCA lounge and said he was on FT (but declined to give his handle). Nice to meet you, whoever you are.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 2:37 am

Programs: MUCCI, BAEC Silver, A-Club Gold
I was thinking of giving this a go, but with the shear number of WT seats I think it is unlikely to ever be picked up by anyone but me, I always try and have the same seats inbound and outbound, pre-paid. 35G in May down to GRU. Actually, thinking about it, I can't even play with myself , I am flying out in May and back in June. DAMNIT!
Old Apr 20, 2011, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BicesterTerrier
?... Actually, thinking about it, I can't even play with myself , .....
Well you can, but I would caution against being too public as the FA's might become inquisitive ..... As you write in the HighLife!
Old Apr 22, 2011, 5:06 pm

A Hit!

You might be pleased to hear you got a hit Antichef. Seat 1C and it was your LHR-HAM flight on 20/4. I added my user name and flight.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 9:47 am

Programs: MUCCI, BAEC Silver, A-Club Gold
Originally Posted by antichef
Well you can, but I would caution against being too public as the FA's might become inquisitive ..... As you write in the HighLife!
I think I was misquoted somewhere along the lines!
Old Apr 23, 2011, 11:11 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Where am I today?
You might be pleased to hear you got a hit Antichef. Seat 1C and it was your LHR-HAM flight on 20/4. I added my user name and flight.
I had this too on todays lunchtime LHR-TXL. In 1A this time.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

Wow, three hits in a week ^

If only there were more players .....

I suspect that it really is that you have to be in one of the more limited seats of CE/CW or more preferential seats anywhere, where FTers are likely to head for

This was a six sector week for me so plenty of writing in the HighLife, and I was in 1D for LHR-LCA-LHR and 1C for LHR-HAM-LHR, which ups my own chances. Although I had nobody in 1A so wrote in that one too!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.