Wiki Posts
Search

A travel game for BAEC FT fliers

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2010, 10:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
A travel game for BAEC FT fliers

Although I post my travels on ba.97.com, I never seem to meet any of the "regulars" of this forum, and FT'ers in Europe are perhaps not as easy to meet with as on the other side of the pond. So perhaps we can see when our paths cross and have a little fun.

Last month on another thread I realised that on my regular run Smirnoff, Cyba and I all prefer the same seat. I proposed that we should leave a note in the Highlife magazine on the cover page showing our handle and date. It transpired that within the week I was twice on the same aircraft and in the same seat and Cyba was there too! I thought that perhaps we could have a new game open to all?

I subsequently learned that UA flyers have had a similar game running for years, and since it is pretty established there we can use their rules to play:

The rules are easy as there are only a couple of rules:

1) Write www.flyertalk.com on the top of the cover page of “Business Life” Magazine [amended 1Aug19]. With the "Pinnacle" seats, write it so that it can be seen with the spine sticking out of the pocket at the top of the seat.

2) Post your FlyerTalk handle too. If you wish, you can also post the flight number, from/to airport codes and date. Suggested format is:

www.flyertalk.com LHR-LCA
antichef 17 Feb

3) Put it back in the pocket, you can see the details from nearby seats - which should increase the frequency of "hits" - which I am afraid is pretty low by virtue of our numbers!

If you get a "strike" then post back here and we can see how often we cross. Adding the FT web site may encourage curiosity and possibly bring our attention to other frequent flyers with BA.

It is the start of a New Year, lets have some fun. I start scribling on Sunday when I head to DUS!

Regards

antichef

Last edited by antichef; Aug 1, 2019 at 9:31 am Reason: Updated when the front cover changed & seats changed! Then changed magazine to double the chances
Old Jan 1, 2010, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
We do not have them at the jump seats...

Darn it...

Sounds great though!!!
Old Jan 1, 2010, 10:45 am

Programs: BA (Gold). Various other statuses
As that magazine is updated monthly would it not make it more likely to make contact if you used the Highlife Shop magazine which (unfortunately) is only issued every two months?
Old Jan 1, 2010, 11:10 am
Original Poster

I thought the map might be useful to see where the aircraft has been, but you are correct on refresh intervals. Perhaps if we dont get any hits we might have to change it and double the odds!!
Old Jan 1, 2010, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I have thought about doing this but I always forget to travel with a pen.
Old Jan 1, 2010, 12:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by tuff
As that magazine is updated monthly would it not make it more likely to make contact if you used the Highlife Shop magazine which (unfortunately) is only issued every two months?
Maybe we could double post - a second scribble in the Highlife Shop magazine on the Smirnoff page (in honour of). Err - BA do carry Smirnoff on-board dont they?

If nothing else, it may give short-haul crew who post here something to do while waiting for the turnaround of the plane - (looking for FT scribbles in the magazines that is)
Old Jan 1, 2010, 2:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold Guest List, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Great idea! Time to improve my god awful handwriting me thinks...
Old Jan 1, 2010, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KenJohn
Err - BA do carry Smirnoff on-board dont they?
Smirnoff Blue on Short Haul where available...
Old Jan 1, 2010, 2:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Err - BA do carry Smirnoff on-board dont they?
If they must!!! And only when he turns up on time for his flight
Old Jan 3, 2010, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Starting the ball rolling

Was on the DUS run this afternoon and stuck a couple on entries in the 1A and 1C seat Highlife's.

Let the game commence!!!

Last edited by antichef; Jan 4, 2010 at 9:41 am
Old Jan 3, 2010, 3:14 pm

Programs: Hilton Silver VIP, Overworked Cabin Crew
Maybe we could double post - a second scribble in the Highlife Shop magazine on the Smirnoff page (in honour of). Err - BA do carry Smirnoff on-board dont they?

If nothing else, it may give short-haul crew who post here something to do while waiting for the turnaround of the plane - (looking for FT scribbles in the magazines that is)
Lol, not sure you quite realise what short haul crew have to achieve on the turnround, especially the Purser!!
Old Jan 3, 2010, 3:18 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
It might sound like a really dumb question, but would it upset BA (especially the crew) and other passengers that I am defacing the map page with my scribbles? Should I stick a post-it note instead?
Old Jan 3, 2010, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by galleyslave
Lol, not sure you quite realise what short haul crew have to achieve on the turnround, especially the Purser!!
Get the No.4 to make a decent cup of tea? That's if the APU is still on and there is still water pressure...
Old Jan 3, 2010, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
It might sound like a really dumb question, but would it upset BA (especially the crew) and other passengers that I am defacing the map page with my scribbles? Should I stick a post-it note instead?
Ha ha ha... I could not give a Will's Wonk what goes into the magazines on board... They get taken off and shredded after month or two... and there are always spares floating around if a fellow passenger really wants a pristine copy! You scribble away darling!
Old Jan 3, 2010, 3:22 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
Ha ha ha... I could not give a Will's Wonk what goes into the magazines on board... They get taken off and shredded after month or two... and there are always spares floating around if a fellow passenger really wants a pristine copy! You scribble away darling!
Since I have BBB's authorisation, I shall scribble away. Thank you BBB!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.