Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Semi-OT: Evil glares from other PAX while sat in CE

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Semi-OT: Evil glares from other PAX while sat in CE

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2009, 12:08 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by sunrisegirl
Of course kids can be cute, especially to their parents, but not always to everybody else.

I'd rather have HIDDY as a grumpy old man!
Same here, I'm afraid, especially after yesterday's flight surrounded by shrieking children.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 3:45 am

Programs: MUCCI Classe des Flatteurs Preferes, LH SEN, BA silver, IHG Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Raffles
2-year-olds on the prowl are good fun. You would have be an unbelievably miserable sod (in general, not being specific to you!) not to feel a little warm glow when my 2-year daughter with her big moon face and huge smile comes up to you and say Hello before toddling off.

Your daughter might have a smile that melts your heart now, but in a few years time, when that super smile is accompanied by her saying 'Daddy', in her very best, I love you very much voice, it won't seem quite as fun, because the next thing she will do is ask you for either:

a) money
b) to buy her something expensive
c) to provide her with a personal taxi service that runs until the small hours of the morning
d) to not be angry with her because she has done something naughty / stupid
e) to give her permission to do something that you definitely do not want to give permission for
f) to do her homework for her

This will carry on until way after she has left home, at which point the requests become even more demanding, such as lifts to the airport requiring a five hour round trip from you. Trust me, I have been married several years and I am still asking Daddy for taxis and financial services assistance.

Enjoy her smile now, while it is ever so fun.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by sunrisegirl
Shuttle-Bored I hope you understand I wasn't having a go at you at all.
Offence neither sought, nor taken

when the trolleys aren't there she happily runs up and down the plane saying Hello to everyone.
I'll attest that she's also rather good at that on trains
Old Dec 23, 2009, 10:49 am

Programs: BA something, Luftwaffe SEN, CX Gold, Pilsbury Doughboy Fanclub, and lots of Amex cards
Tried the LCY-JFK service a few days ago...

The scanning/security staff will skip you past 99% of the security queue which caused some grumbles and stares... plus it has its own check in desks while the regular BA one had a rather long line...
Old Dec 23, 2009, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by linenbasket
The scanning/security staff will skip you past 99% of the security queue which caused some grumbles and stares... plus it has its own check in desks while the regular BA one had a rather long line...
Now jumping security queues is a different story. I do get the stares when I do that. People think that security queues are egalitarian. Why? I don't know. I have a special card that lets me jump the security queues at LYS and I never fail to get the dirty looks and sometimes audible grumbling.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 5:03 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
2-year-olds on the prowl are good fun. You would have be an unbelievably miserable sod (in general, not being specific to you!) not to feel a little warm glow when my 2-year daughter with her big moon face and huge smile comes up to you and say Hello before toddling off.

2-year-olds who are being held down by their parents because someone doesn't want them to wander around are emphatically not good fun for anyone within 20 metres of said child.

In general, Y on a 90 minute flight is not a place to sleep, work or relax in peace.

Nuff said.
What I plan to do on a flight is a decision I should be allowed to make--not you.

I'm sure you think your daughter is the most adorable thing in the world. I think the same of mine.

But guess what? Not everyone else does. And traversing up and down the aisle is not cute--it's annoying.

"Nuff said"? Thank you for your stating your belief that the matter is closed to further discussion. Again...that is not a decision you are permitted to make.

It takes a very selfish and egocentric person to think they can inflict their children and mandates on others (in general, not being specific to you!).
Old Dec 24, 2009, 1:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by Always Flyin
It takes a very selfish and egocentric person to think they can inflict their children and mandates on others (in general, not being specific to you!).
You're probably right

In my experience, the best way to avoid embarrassment is to either:

a) convince yourself that you are better than other people and thus deserve to be up front, or
b) actually BE better than other people and thus deserve to be up front

It makes the whole process so much easier. Especially when you have push people out of the way to get to your designated check-in desk, boarding queue, security lane etc. If you treat them as equivalent human beings to yourself the whole process gets embarrassing ....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.