Reload this Page >

Best Lounge in GIG (Rio de Janerio)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Lounge in GIG (Rio de Janerio)?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2015, 6:03 am

Programs: Delta, Continental, United, USAir, Marriott, Best Western, Super 8, Holiday Inn
Not sure what you mean by "pier". New building?
Old Sep 2, 2015, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by flatlander_48
Not sure what you mean by "pier". New building?
New concourse, if you prefer...

Old Sep 3, 2015, 5:40 am

Programs: Delta, Continental, United, USAir, Marriott, Best Western, Super 8, Holiday Inn
Well, it's almost dead on 11 months before The Games start, so they need to get moving. Buildings like airport terminals are very complicated internally, particularly in this age of computerization. Lots of systems to install and check out.

Thanks for the photo...
Old Sep 6, 2015, 11:13 am

Programs: Flying Blue, BA Exec Club, Hilton Honours
BA Lounge at Rio de Janeiro

I'll be checking in early in December - I hear mixed opinions about the lounge (SEA) used by BA, Tam. Anyone have recent experience - is it comfortable, is there reasonable food, and drink or should I eat before going to check in? This will be my first - and probably last - time through this airport, leaving on a BA flight and I want avoid being stuck in a lounge with poor facilities.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 6:28 am
Suspended

The international terminal at GIG is a dump. No decent food options whatsoever.
You are better off having dinner in town, then head to the airport.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 10:36 am

If one thinks the international terminal (T2) at GIG is a dump they didn't visit it before. Or see T1 now (largely an outdated ghost town except for Gol check-in counters). We used the lounge at GIG in June, before taking an AA biz class flight to JFK. Not bad. If you arrive at GIG, however, there ain't much. I hear even the small Am Ex Centurion Lounge. We had a long layover before a flight to FOR, after our overnight flight from JFK, so got a room at the airport hotel (the one inside the airport, not the Linx just outside). Old, dated, and no windows, but we just wanted to shower and sleep. And get something to eat (decent restaurant). It suited our purposes at this time.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by Samoi
If one thinks the international terminal (T2) at GIG is a dump they didn't visit it before. Or see T1 now (largely an outdated ghost town except for Gol check-in counters). We used the lounge at GIG in June, before taking an AA biz class flight to JFK. Not bad. If you arrive at GIG, however, there ain't much. I hear even the small Am Ex Centurion Lounge has moved inside security (competing with much better airline clubs).

We had a long layover before a flight to FOR, after our overnight flight from JFK, so got a room at the airport hotel (the one inside the airport, not the Linx just outside). Old, dated, and no windows, but we just wanted to shower and sleep. And get something to eat (decent restaurant). It suited our purposes at this time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.