Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does BMI still status match?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2007, 10:37 pm
Suspended

can someone kindly pvt msg me the fax number or the email to send a status match froma oneworld carrier.

Thank you
Old Nov 3, 2007, 12:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by icarius
can someone kindly pvt msg me the fax number or the email to send a status match froma oneworld carrier.
They are listed both several times on this thread BTW:

diamond - DOT - club AT flybmi.com
FAX +44 1623 724099

Last edited by ajamieson; Nov 3, 2007 at 11:17 am
Old Nov 8, 2007, 6:35 am

Programs: BA Silver, MU Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I just got matched from CX Gold. Thanks for everyone!^
Old Nov 8, 2007, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by chunk73
I have a silver BMI card with over 33,500 status miles on it but only one return flight to take during the membership period (20th - 19th Oct). This flight is intra europe so it isn't going to take me to 38,000. I have a flight on SAA on the 27th October that would have taken me over.....what are the chances of them allowing me the upgraded status for being a week late if I email them?
there is def a one month grace period!
Old Nov 8, 2007, 1:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jackoshome
there is def a one month grace period!
The grace period is just to allow miles taken during the allotted time to be credited to your account. Unfortunately you don't get 13 months to accrue the necessary status miles.
Old Nov 18, 2007, 9:10 pm

I'd like to try to get bmi to match my AA gold. My AA gold expires 2/08. If bmi is kind enough to match me when will my match expire?
Old Nov 19, 2007, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by schistosomiasis
I'd like to try to get bmi to match my AA gold. My AA gold expires 2/08. If bmi is kind enough to match me when will my match expire?
The bmi programme operates on a rolling membership year. There are two expiration dates.

1. Your nominal membership year will run for 12 months beginning on the day you get your new status. You must requalify within that period or drop a level.

2. Your status will expire some time after that, probably 2+ months after its nominal end, to avoid a gap in status if you requalify via end-of-membership-year flights that don't post until after the year ends.

For example, my Gold membership has a renewal date in mid-September. I need to earn enough points to requalify by then or drop to Silver. However, my ID card carries an expiration date of November.

Your AA status expiration date, which as you probably know is Feb. 28 (29 in leap years) for all AA elites, does not affect this. (BTW, the rationale for this expiration date, with AA status based on activity during the calendar year, is the same as bmi's for its expiration policy.)
Old Nov 19, 2007, 7:11 am
Suspended

BMI now tells me status match documents have to be strictly mailed in... no faxes, no emails.
Old Nov 19, 2007, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
BMI now tells me status match documents have to be strictly mailed in... no faxes, no emails.
That's kind of annoying in this modern age, especially as it means a delay, any idea how come?
Old Nov 19, 2007, 11:43 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by gleff
That's kind of annoying in this modern age, especially as it means a delay, any idea how come?
When I mailed in my AA details, it took 7 days from posting my copies to receiving the DC Gold pack and card. And that was international. How quickly can you need it?
Old Nov 19, 2007, 12:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Probably to stop fakes. I don't want to think how many people may have provided faked statements etc over the years.......

Actually surprised BD has not implemented this policy sooner.

In fact, when I matched several years back, I had to send in my paper statement as well as a photocopy of my membership card etc. Seems that they loosened policy more recently then decided to go back to their previous policy.

Old Nov 19, 2007, 12:51 pm

Programs: BD silver, virgin silver
I got my AA gold matched about a month ago by email within about 2 days no problems. Has the policy changed since then?
Old Nov 19, 2007, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by kr1280
I got my AA gold matched about a month ago by email within about 2 days no problems. Has the policy changed since then?
Must be fairly recent; faxing worked two months ago.
Old Nov 19, 2007, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by Efrem
Must be fairly recent; faxing worked two months ago.
Mine worked via email less than a month ago. Maybe icarius should try to communicate or speak with a different agent? Or perhaps as Efrem mentioned, it must be recent (like in the past week or two IMO).
Old Nov 19, 2007, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by kr1280
Interesting - your FT Profile says you're BD*S. Is that still accurate, i.e. have BD started to be a bit sensible and match things based on value/benefits not simple card colour?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.