Search

Does BMI still status match?

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2007, 1:40 pm
CGK

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by troyb
... and what documentation did he use?
It was the proof that indeed I have status fo the other airline FFP, such as the screen shots of the activities for the past year that showing indeed traveling heavely from on-line statements, or the copies of paper statements.
Old May 8, 2007, 2:01 pm

There you go. As I said, he'd reply as soon as he was on the ground. ^
Old May 8, 2007, 3:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Originally Posted by CGK
It was the proof that indeed I have status fo the other airline FFP, such as the screen shots of the activities for the past year that showing indeed traveling heavely from on-line statements, or the copies of paper statements.
Thanks a lot. Were your flights on routes that BMI serves or do you think they were just looking for general activity? Also, when is your match good through, a year from when it was performed? And the airline?

Appreciate your help greatly.
Old May 9, 2007, 9:10 am

Programs: TK/QR Gold, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, Avis/Hertz PC
BD has matched a NW GE with a US mailing address to BD Gold recently. Faxed copy of card and NW account statement. Gold membership kit with card showed up in the mail in less than 10 days ^

Match good for a year.
Old May 9, 2007, 12:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Originally Posted by Savage25
BD has matched a NW GE with a US mailing address to BD Gold recently. Faxed copy of card and NW account statement. Gold membership kit with card showed up in the mail in less than 10 days ^

Match good for a year.
Sounds great! Looks like this is what I'll be doing for my upcoming LAX-AKL trip. Hope they don't have a problem with my trip history of 100% USA domestic trips.
Old May 9, 2007, 1:48 pm

Sounds great! Looks like this is what I'll be doing for my upcoming LAX-AKL trip. Hope they don't have a problem with my trip history of 100% USA domestic trips.
Let us know how this turns out. I'd love to just get a match to Silver if that meant I could skip 20k EQMs and start working immediately toward Gold.
Old May 9, 2007, 1:51 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Will BMI match from Delta and/or American? If so, what levels would they match to from DL Gold and AA Plat and what documentation do they look for?

Thanks!

T
Yes and Yes (usually to BD Gold). I know it well. (As noted earlier, copy of frequent flyer card and/or frequent flyer statement worked with a brief letter.)

Originally Posted by mtparadis
Let us know how this turns out. I'd love to just get a match to Silver if that meant I could skip 20k EQMs and start working immediately toward Gold.
If history is anything to go by, more likely to get BD Gold as a DL Gold than BD Silver.

Last edited by GUWonder; May 9, 2007 at 1:57 pm
Old May 9, 2007, 1:54 pm
Suspended

Can I use the *A lounges on a domestic USA itinerary if I am BMI Gold?
Yes, if you are departing on a Star Alliance flight.
Old May 10, 2007, 9:04 am

I'm interested to see if they'll match someone with almost purely domestic US travel... since I'm in the same boat.
Old May 10, 2007, 10:06 am
Suspended

I'm interested to see if they'll match someone with almost purely domestic US travel... since I'm in the same boat.
They've done it before.
Old May 10, 2007, 5:14 pm
CGK

Programs: UA MM
Thanks a lot. Were your flights on routes that BMI serves or do you think they were just looking for general activity? Also, when is your match good through, a year from when it was performed? And the airline?

Appreciate your help greatly.
I must say, it's general activity. The status is valid a year after the date of the match approved (so not necessarly end of the month)
Old May 11, 2007, 7:01 am

I assume the date you get status matched will become your new membership year? Thus, I would probably want to wait and get matched just before I take my SFO-AKL trip?
Old May 11, 2007, 12:11 pm
Suspended

I assume the date you get status matched will become your new membership year? Thus, I would probably want to wait and get matched just before I take my SFO-AKL trip?
Yes, but I'd do it keeping in mind to have enough time for the status match (or a second request for a status match) to go through.

Two weeks in advance works well most of the times; but if you are highly risk averse, then do it closer to 6 weeks in advance, presuming you didn't really need the BD Gold card on the trips.
Old May 11, 2007, 12:11 pm
Suspended

I have just been status matched to DC Gold.

I did the gold challenge on AA last december on the mistake LHR-LAX F fare. Got the AA gold card.

I wrote a letter about three weeks ago to bmi asking for the status match. I included a photo copy of the AA gold card and a print out of my online status with AA (there were no transactions on AA visible). I also included a photo copy of my Flying Blue Plat card for good measure.

I have a Dutch address.

About 10 days later I received the DC gold welcome pack!

So I got DC Gold based on one mistake AA F fare.
Old May 11, 2007, 12:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Remember that it is generally not a good idea to match for the sake of matching. Match if you intend to use the status as more often than not, and airline will not allow a match a second time around. BMI have been known to grant it a second time, but they have also been known to reject a second or subsequent match.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.