Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does BMI still status match?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2007, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by rankourabu
I was successful getting my status matched from CO using the email in this thread.

A few questions from a newbie

1) I understand this status is valid for a calendar year from time of issue, true?
2) How many miles do I need to get within that year to
a) keep Gold
b) keep at least Silver

Thanks to FT again for the wealth of information available in this thread
1. Yes (not a "calendar year" in the sense of 2007 or 2008)
2a. 38,000
2b. 0 ("soft landing," drop at most one level per year)
Old Sep 24, 2007, 10:55 am

Programs: DL - exPlat (now Gold) ; AB - Gold ; TK - Gold; BMI - exGold; US - exChairman ; UA-ex1K; NW-exGold
Does anyone know if BMI will status match fro UA/US?

I am UA 1P and US Plat. I should be ditching US, and much of my 2008 travel should be within Europe. This year I flew about a dozen flights on BD metal anyway, and expect this to significantly increase......however I know some *A carriers will not match against other *A carriers.

Thanks
Old Sep 24, 2007, 10:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
No, for the reason you quote. I don't think any *A carriers will do it.

Your DL status might get you it though.
Old Sep 25, 2007, 9:04 am
KRS

I emailed diamond club requesting a status match for my BA Gold (and KL Plat) status; attached screendumps of my BA and KL accounts (with hardly any activity on them at all)

Received an email back 4 business days later stating my account had been upgraded to gold. ^
Old Sep 25, 2007, 9:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
Just to report, I tried a status match with DL, just for the hell of it really, seeing all the matches BD are handing out. Got the same answer as Jetsteamer did from CO.

"bmi is not on our list"
Old Sep 26, 2007, 7:06 am

Programs: MH Enrich, VS FC, HH Gold, PC, SPG Gold, Marco Polo Gold, Accor Plat
Hi All,

Anyone here know if BMI will match VS Gold?
Old Sep 26, 2007, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Many thanks to Joanna for assisting me with a match from CO Plat to BD Gold. Status was upgraded within two days of emailing [email protected] with supporting information. I look forward to being able to access the UA RCC on my several upcoming Q-UP excursions.
Old Sep 27, 2007, 8:22 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum for Life, BMI Gold, EK Skywards Gold, BA Gold, IC Hotels Platinum Ambassador
I have a silver BMI card with over 33,500 status miles on it but only one return flight to take during the membership period (20th - 19th Oct). This flight is intra europe so it isn't going to take me to 38,000. I have a flight on SAA on the 27th October that would have taken me over.....what are the chances of them allowing me the upgraded status for being a week late if I email them?
Old Sep 27, 2007, 4:51 pm

Programs: BA, PC, HH
Originally Posted by chunk73
I have a silver BMI card with over 33,500 status miles on it but only one return flight to take during the membership period (20th - 19th Oct). This flight is intra europe so it isn't going to take me to 38,000. I have a flight on SAA on the 27th October that would have taken me over.....what are the chances of them allowing me the upgraded status for being a week late if I email them?
Try a pm to Diamond Club, I've found Joanna to be extremely helpful with such matters. Also some people report a one month grace period (to allow miles to post etc) so you might get away with it if your SAA miles post immediately anyway.
Old Sep 28, 2007, 5:56 pm

Hi All,

I understand that BD and VS codeshare some flights?

But will BMI status match VS Gold?
Old Oct 1, 2007, 5:44 am

Anyone know ?

Also do BMI status match non alliance FF programs? e.g. MH, EK, VS etc
Old Oct 1, 2007, 7:35 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum for Life, BMI Gold, EK Skywards Gold, BA Gold, IC Hotels Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by Mr_Bigglesworth
Try a pm to Diamond Club, I've found Joanna to be extremely helpful with such matters. Also some people report a one month grace period (to allow miles to post etc) so you might get away with it if your SAA miles post immediately anyway.
The SAA miles NEVER post! I have to go through the print claim form and send boarding passes every time with them.....eventhough the BD number is on the boarding pass. I have no idea how it works....all I know is it doesn't!
Old Oct 1, 2007, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by k3nnis
Anyone know ?
Also do BMI status match non alliance FF programs? e.g. MH, EK, VS etc
Yes.
Old Oct 2, 2007, 7:20 am

Thanks

I will try when i get VS Gold

Originally Posted by clubman
Yes.
Old Oct 2, 2007, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Has anyone been able to join Diamond Club in the past week or so?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.