Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does BMI still status match?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2008, 5:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by gleff
You'll see that the date of the .pdf suggests the offer is expired.

But while the published formal offer may be, the practice apparently is not.
It is indeed, by 3 1/2 years -- something which escaped the site redesign last year!
Old Apr 3, 2008, 8:19 am

bmi status match

Dear all,

As my screen name would suggest, I'm new to this (to this board esp - so dont bite!) Anyway, Ive done my research already and have swiftly followed all the helpful suggestions/tips - sent in my BAEC Gold info to the email address suggested.

In the meantime, I'm thinking of taking a *S flight on NZ in J. As this is happening quite soon, and I'm not expecting DC to get back to me before I fly, are miles credited retrospectively? Can I keep my boarding passes and credit them when my DC account is created?

Thanks a lot.
Old Apr 3, 2008, 8:23 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
From the bmi site (if you are logged in as a member): "If you're new to diamond club, you may claim flights taken up to 28 days prior to joining."
Old Apr 3, 2008, 9:14 am

in light of the above info, do you reckon i'll get my bmi status match replied to / actioned within 28 days?
Old Apr 8, 2008, 3:45 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K HYglob Marr LT Titanium
Sorry if this has been asked before.

I am currently BD SILVER with over 11K miles towards april 09/10.

If I apply for a status match and granted gold status,will 38K membership miles be added to my account and have 11+38 or 49K membership miles?

(Not sure if it matters but I have earned 30k membership miles since Feb.
I started with 0 miles last Feb.)

Given I fly 5K more miles, 49+5=54 will then I recieve the the extra redeemable bonuses having reached the 54k plateau.

TIA
Old Apr 8, 2008, 3:56 pm
Suspended

No, lovtofly3;9539562, you will not get 38k miles. A status match is a status match and not a free miles-getting-thing.
Old Apr 8, 2008, 4:50 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K HYglob Marr LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Didi
No, lovtofly3;9539562, you will not get 38k miles. A status match is a status match and not a free miles-getting-thing.
You misunderstand me.

I said MEMBERSHIP(EQM) miles NOT redeemable miles(RDM).
Old Apr 8, 2008, 4:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
Originally Posted by lovtofly3
You misunderstand me.

I said MEMBERSHIP(EQM) miles NOT redeemable miles(RDM).
No, you'd be gold, your membership miles would be set to zero, your calendar year reset, and you'd have 12 months to achieve the 38k to keep it.
Old Apr 9, 2008, 7:38 am

Programs: Delta Platinum AA Platinum UA Dirt Grey Marriott Ambassador Hyatt Globalist
Hello all !

My bf convinced me to go with BMI for future collection of miles as I was constantly ranting about AA/BA's awful service and connections.

So I sent my membership info of my AA account to an email address requesting a status comparison. Any ideas how long this takes as I have some flights coming up this weekend.

I travel constantly between the UK and Los Angeles so should earn enough miles in short period of time. However I read about the bonus if you get over 55.000 miles and the sooner I get there the better it is

Thanks,

Julia
Old Apr 11, 2008, 2:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G
Any chance of getting a match from Flying Blue Platinum when my flying habits are Vancouver/Seattle - Oslo as well as US domestic?
I may go to England, but really not in my direct plans.

I'm also Virgin Flying Club Silver, but I've never flown them.

I will be flying a fair amount of AC this summer and thinking about switching altogether.
Old Apr 11, 2008, 4:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sjefenole
Any chance of getting a match from Flying Blue Platinum when my flying habits are Vancouver/Seattle - Oslo as well as US domestic?
I may go to England, but really not in my direct plans.

I'm also Virgin Flying Club Silver, but I've never flown them.

I will be flying a fair amount of AC this summer and thinking about switching altogether.
Give it a try, also do you status on AA ?

Maybe you are Virgin Gold then soon... or LH SEN, what I would prefer because VS offers nada from germany.
Old Apr 11, 2008, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Give it a try, also do you status on AA ?

Maybe you are Virgin Gold then soon... or LH SEN, what I would prefer because VS offers nada from germany.
No status on AA. I signed up for VS as a Silver with a promo, but I never banked any miles there. I only have a AA trip from 4 years ago and a LHR-OSL with BA so I won't account for that. Will try with only the KLM status.
Is there any point sending them my SK statements?
Old Apr 14, 2008, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sjefenole
No status on AA. I signed up for VS as a Silver with a promo, but I never banked any miles there. I only have a AA trip from 4 years ago and a LHR-OSL with BA so I won't account for that. Will try with only the KLM status.
Is there any point sending them my SK statements?
Well you could crossmatch with lets say Continental !

Match SK*G for CO Skyteam Gold Elite and try to get BD*G for that. But BD*S is good as well as you count towards 38K for Gold renewal anyways and the 25% bonus is the same. For *G benefits you can still use your SK card !
Old Apr 14, 2008, 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Well you could crossmatch with lets say Continental !

Match SK*G for CO Skyteam Gold Elite and try to get BD*G for that. But BD*S is good as well as you count towards 38K for Gold renewal anyways and the 25% bonus is the same. For *G benefits you can still use your SK card !
Why would I do that? I don't have any SK status. Why is it more likely that they match CO Gold rather than KLM Plat?

I don't really want Silver as I'm going for more than 55K. I don't have any lounge access on *A at the moment.
Old Apr 15, 2008, 6:06 am

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Why in that case did you mention sending them your SK statements?

Personally if you're not happy happy skipping the first two tiers to silver then working your way towards DC *G then it's a bit of a p-take to expect to just straight to DC *G just to be rewarded with the 55K bonus.

The 55K bonus is supposed to entice members to continue crediting to BD once they have renewed, not so new members get an easy bonus when they've jumped ship.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.