Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

DC panic (over) - forced migration to M&M for Netherlands, Israel and Ukraine

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DC panic (over) - forced migration to M&M for Netherlands, Israel and Ukraine

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2010, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
I, for one, am pleased to have had the heads-up; I spend A LOT of miles today in a leisurely fashion. Took a while to find the first redemption on ANA, but after that it all came together nicely.

And if the LH migration offer turns out to be too juicy to withstand, well cancellation is possible for a reasonable sum - compared to the risk of have them devalue.

I haven't seen the M&M references on two separate IP ranges I worked from today in Ireland; however, using a VPN, I could see it on a UK range. This is either significant, or it is not. And if it is, it means they are segmenting the database geographically - possibly menaing that UK members will be offered a migration, with the rest being given a short time to get their affaires in order. Just a thought.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 2:44 pm

Ok we have figured out that the burn rates are similar....but...

Many DC Gold members should be worried, since it takes 100000 status miles (virtually 3x the current amount) to requalify for SEN. Im guessing many Golds wont be able to re-qualify, and so will slip down to FTL (*S), which takes 35000 status miles to qualify for.

Im just waiting for the official announcement, which im guessing should possibly come tomorrow, seeing the distress this event seems to be causing.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by hifly15
Ok we have figured out that the burn rates are similar....but...

Many DC Gold members should be worried, since it takes 100000 status miles (virtually 3x the current amount) to requalify for SEN. Im guessing many Golds wont be able to re-qualify, and so will slip down to FTL (*S), which takes 35000 status miles to qualify for.
Alternatively, they can make Gold on Air Canadia for 35K. No 300% F bonus with them, though.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 2:50 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, BMI, Hyatt, SPG, PC
Looks like the DC call centre could be unexpectedly busy tomorrow.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by GoldCircle
And if it is, it means they are segmenting the database geographically - possibly menaing that UK members will be offered a migration, with the rest being given a short time to get their affaires in order.
Segregating customers based on source IP would be funny, so many open proxies out there in the world... I would rather expect them to use address saved in profile (as per recent BA offer), not to mention of such a "advanced" tool like flight statistics per customer .
Old Apr 14, 2010, 2:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
The miles and more button returned, I pressed it hoping for some info - but it moved me to the page it moved you guys.I e-mailed Joanna and PMed her. However, it would be great if one of the forum manegers will contact her and find out what the hell is going on.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by HIDDY
This is at least the fourth "burn baby burn" epidemic in the last couple of years.....I'm surprised anyone has any miles left to burn.
I spent 500k last year.
200k to go now.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by erasmus99
Looks like the DC call centre could be unexpectedly busy tomorrow.
And the agents probably wont know anything about it, as usual.
We'll just confuse the ICC.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by hifly15
And the agents probably wont no anything about it, as usual.
We'll just confuse the ICC.
Considering it would mean they are likely out of a job, I doubt they've gotten the memo, yet. I shudder to think of the decline in service from the ICC that might result if the workers knew of the impending demise of DC.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 3:03 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by GoldCircle
I haven't seen the M&M references on two separate IP ranges I worked from today in Ireland
Being in JNB, and a South African IP address, I can see the M&M dropdown on the menu without being logged in.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 3:05 pm

Looking at the language used on the site it does say "Thank you for registering for the status match offer"

This would indicate to me that its an optional thing that you have to opt into, not that you are forced to do it. While it could signal the end of DC, it might not be just yet. It could just be an offer to move now should you want to.

Either way, I have 2 million miles to burn tomorrow. Thats a lot in taxes!

A sad day...
Old Apr 14, 2010, 3:05 pm

Programs: BAEC G/*O E
Originally Posted by Anglo Large Clawed Otter
I shudder to think of the decline in service from the ICC that might result if the workers knew of the impending demise of DC.
Well, I reckon they knew it all years ago. Them and bmi IT team
Old Apr 14, 2010, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by luitje
Well, I reckon they knew it all years ago. Them and bmi IT team
I suspect that the bmi IT Team was a special operations force put in place years ago by Lufthansa. Their plan is coming to fruition.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Originally Posted by ba bob
My credit card company called me this evening to ensure everything was ok, as there had been a suspicious amount of transactions.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ba bob

A sad day...
I operate a mileage charity for Otters in need.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.