Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

DC panic (over) - forced migration to M&M for Netherlands, Israel and Ukraine

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DC panic (over) - forced migration to M&M for Netherlands, Israel and Ukraine

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2010, 1:34 pm

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Originally Posted by CheeseToastie
At least if DC is going down, it is being true to its own spirit as it does. No official communication, just the news leaking out via some half-assed update to the website. Could it have been any other way?
Couldn't agree more.
It was so predictable that we were going to get the news via a random IT cock up that it's not even funny.

If 16 of May is the end date we'd better stop giving the DC number to earn.
no way by then those Hilton stays and *A flights will post

my wishful thinking:
We'll be given a choice to move or not
We'll be thrown plenty of status match and bonuses
M&M if incorporating BD takes C+M and stopover rules
1 iGUV= 1 evoucher
BD*G + LH SEN = HON (muahahahahah)
Old Apr 14, 2010, 1:37 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by izzik
So, just restating the obvious:

DC is becoming part of M&M
Miles can be earned/redeemed until May 15
Starting May 16 and lasting until DC acct is migrated to M&M, miles cannot be earned/redeemed

Right?
That is not obvious at the moment. Actually, the indications currently are such that the answer to your question ought to be something like "no, that's not right, at least not for the moment".

It will take more than 30-60 days for a solvent carrier like BD to pull out of or migrate all its contractual relationships involving the "loyalty" program if it wants to minimize trouble.

Last edited by GUWonder; Apr 14, 2010 at 1:44 pm
Old Apr 14, 2010, 1:39 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by izzik
So, just restating the obvious:

DC is becoming part of M&M
Miles can be earned/redeemed until May 15
Starting May 16 and lasting until DC acct is migrated to M&M, miles cannot be earned/redeemed

Right?
Wrong.

That is a template message within a broken website that shows a potential outcome to a selected option.

Until there is official notification, assume nothing beyond the potential winding down of Diamond Club.

Dates / times / options will not be known until we are told.

My advice to everyone is to look into your options and work out what your best alternative would be to measure against whatever happens to us as DC members. I certainly wouldn't worry about hypothesising every possible scenario until we know more.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by clubman
How did you work that one out...?

If you have an address in Israel, the rates are pretty good. TLV-Europe is only 15K Flysmart, or 30 normally, with reductions for kids and companion for SEN/HON. C class is only 45K, and F 30. TLV-USA, 135 K miles for 2 in C is pretty good value (companion award).
Old Apr 14, 2010, 1:43 pm

Still don't see it here on my US IP...Oh well...wouldn't have minded being a LH SEN
Old Apr 14, 2010, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RAPC
Wrong.

That is a template message within a broken website that shows a potential outcome to a selected option.

Until there is official notification, assume nothing beyond the potential winding down of Diamond Club.

My advice to everyone is to look into your options and work out what your best alternative would be to measure against whatever happens to us as DC members. I certainly wouldn't worry about hypothesising every possible scenario until we know more.
^ Very sage advice.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
I also can't see the M&M info, regardless of login status.
I have my BMI address in the UK, same as my LH M&M profile. (Using German IP rght now).

Quite strange.

I will start burning tomorrow.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 2:08 pm

I can see it now!

The "Miles and more" option in the dropdown DC column in the BMI homepage, is visible. I just logged on and supposedly made myself an LH Frequent Traveller.
However, since it does not give you the option of putting in your m&m number to be able to status match, I still consider this a bmi mistake, or an accidental early release.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 2:11 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by hifly15
an accidental early release.
I have a feeling that might be it.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 2:22 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
This is truly the most unfunny thing ever

Only in bmi land could they even believe that this is acceptable
Old Apr 14, 2010, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Bring out your dead! Bring out your dead!

Teh end is nigh.

I won't be waiting around for the Wyndham miles to post (). I'll be taking the 15K that's sitting in my account at the moment (just burned 2x J to S. America), and putting it to use tomorrow morning. Should be good for 2x One-Ways in whY part cash/mi. IAH-YYC-YYJ.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 2:32 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by RAPC
Wrong.

I'll be following your advice. My eyes have now shifted towards a different prize

http://www.worldshop.eu/worldshop/pr...910/detail.jsf
Old Apr 14, 2010, 2:34 pm
dsf

Programs: Nowt of note.
So soon after the "10% bonus on buying DC miles" promo too.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 2:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Rambuster
I will start burning tomorrow.
This is at least the fourth "burn baby burn" epidemic in the last couple of years.....I'm surprised anyone has any miles left to burn.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.