Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

DC panic (over) - forced migration to M&M for Netherlands, Israel and Ukraine

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DC panic (over) - forced migration to M&M for Netherlands, Israel and Ukraine

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2010, 5:28 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by aster
LH burn rates are terrible unless you're booking a companion award.
Originally Posted by GUWonder
otherwise I find LH's program to be a generally lousy program compared to what I am used to with other carriers.
I don't think it is that bad. Over at the *A forum DC and M&M are always used as the best two programs for premium cabin travelers.

Lets face it, DC was almost unsustainable generous and it almost seemed as if the main goal was to attract members for the sale of the company. There is no other program on the planet like it and we should be greatful for what we got while it lasted.

M&M is not that bad even after the change. Some here have made hundreds of thousands of BMI miles for 1.25% fee using their credit card to pay tax. On M&M many (including myself) have made the same amount of miles using the transfer service promo. Of the free mobile phone promos.

Just imagine AF would have bought BMI. LH is still an okay choice and if the LX integration is anything to go by then BMI will retain a lot of its character and the DC/MM transfer will be quite fair.

Originally Posted by anat0l
Now I have to work out how to burn off 25k destination miles.... or perhaps I should hold on to them for the LH transition...
I would only hold on if you plan to credit future paid C/F travel to M&M or you can make use of the M&M promotions once in a while.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 5:34 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Can I be the first one to complain that my M&M account still shows lowly Blue and has measly 1500 miles?
Old Apr 14, 2010, 5:40 pm

I have CO INFINITE PLAT, LH SEN since it was transferred from TRAVEL CLUB GOLD, and BMI DC GOLD.

LH has a rubbish conversion, and the few good thing they have dont make up for their bad things. I think only SAS EUROBONUS has more cruel rules in the *A group.

Ive been also transferred from Brussels Airlines Privilege to M&M, and since they dont want to merge, I have two accounts.

BMI is an excellent program, and im not sure how it is physically possible to change in 1 month....

The 2 other transfers i experienced toke month, and those companies were much more organized then BMI...
Old Apr 14, 2010, 5:50 pm
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by yesitshere
LH has a rubbish conversion, and the few good thing they have dont make up for their bad things. I think only SAS EUROBONUS has more cruel rules in the *A group.
Can you elaborate? M&M is indeed bad when you fly at the back of the plane (join UA then) but quite good if you pay for the front.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 5:53 pm

not sure what you are talking about, last time I flew eco, was years ago.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 5:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 14, 2010, 6:01 pm

Programs: bmi British Midland International Diamond Club
Originally Posted by miffy
In a moment of curiosity, or perhaps daftness, I pressed the "miles and more" button before checking here and got the thanks for transferring to M&M message.
D'oh! I did the same! Have emailed dc.adminatflybmi.com to request my account not be transferred.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 6:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, BD..oh, wait..
I'm so dense, I noticed that Miles and more link the other day, but didn't connect the dots to Lufthansa's Miles & More! I just assumed it was some random guff about how to do more wither your DC account blah blah.

Clicking on the link doesn't do a thing from what I can see. It's a random information page that most likely shouldn't be live. I doubt that DC will vanish so quickly and the wording on that page does lend itself to being an optional thing.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 6:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, BD..oh, wait..
<duplicate post>
Old Apr 14, 2010, 6:10 pm

Programs: BA VS Gold; Hyatt Accor Marriott SPG Plat
Originally Posted by adl73x
Bizarre. As at 23:15 UK Summer time, the M&M link has disappeared again (well, for me it has).

(Distant sound of lolcats being stuffed back into the bag...)
Lolcats back out of the bag for me, at 00:55.

Any ideas how to unbundle a family membership?
Mrs Fuseli is not happy with the idea of imminent M&M status match, being one decent flight short of BD*G in her own right.

I note the following when I select Transfer Miles from the Family Membership options:
We are currently upgrading some features of Diamond Club online. Unfortunately this means that transferring miles is temporarily unavailable. To transfer miles, please call 0844 8480 808 (UK) for Blue, Blue Plus and Silver members, 0845 608 7788 for Gold members and +44 (0)1332 854274 (outside UK) if you are outside the UK.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 6:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by colmc
I doubt that DC will vanish so quickly and the wording on that page does lend itself to being an optional thing.
I was thinking along the same lines till I saw our Mod GoldCircle has spent the day cleaning out his account.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 7:16 pm

Programs: BMI DC Gold, BA Gold, LH SEN, Priority Club Platinum, Nectar purple
I just logged in at the TG lounge in BKK and I can see the M&M link.

My concern is that I have had 6 long haul business class flights not posted recently, 4 on Asiana and 2 on Continental. I'm passed the 55k threshold so am expecting double miles on all of them. I have a horrible feeling that I might get nothing.

Maybe I should have stuck with Flying Blue after all.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 8:13 pm
Aman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Doug_1970
I have a horrible feeling that I might get nothing.
I highly doubt that you will get nothing. Your miles will post in line with the T&Cs at the time when you took the flight. Diamond & Miles can not just change the T&Cs retrospectively.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 9:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
I highly doubt that you will get nothing. Your miles will post in line with the T&Cs at the time when you took the flight. Diamond & Miles can not just change the T&Cs retrospectively.
DC probably could if they wanted to but I don't ever imagine they would just stop crediting earned miles without giving plenty of warning.
That's what makes me think this date in May that's been talked about is a bit of a red herring as far as the DC coming to an end is concerned.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 9:39 pm

LH M&M Credit Card Suspended

I see that the LH M&M Credit Card is suspended for UK people: http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...en&cid=1000243
which may indicate the BMI credit card will be reissued as a M&M Credit Card (both by MBNA)

'
Miles & More credit cards in the UK

The Miles & More credit cards in the UK are temporarily unavailable to new applicants; Miles & More and MBNA Europe apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Applications will be available later in the year, details on the credit cards will be displayed through out the Miles & More website and specific information will be displayed on the following page
www.miles-and-more.com > Earn miles > Credit Cards.'

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.