Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

DC panic (over) - forced migration to M&M for Netherlands, Israel and Ukraine

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DC panic (over) - forced migration to M&M for Netherlands, Israel and Ukraine

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2010, 3:14 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, BMI, Hyatt, SPG, PC
Originally Posted by ba bob
Either way, I have 2 million miles to burn tomorrow. Thats a lot in taxes!

A sad day...
Wow. That is a lot.

Contrary to most people here, I actually need to acquire 4k more...
Old Apr 14, 2010, 3:16 pm

Programs: *A Gold, OWE
Originally Posted by HIDDY
This is at least the fourth "burn baby burn" epidemic in the last couple of years.....I'm surprised anyone has any miles left to burn.
Okay can anyone share burn strategies ?
I have a couple of Europe-Australia flights for next year, where I not yet have any specific dates. How would it work to book them beginnign of may ?
The ticket validity would be only one year right ? How about changing dates afterwards. Would M&M tell me .... and say 'sorry you have to cancel if you want to change'?
Old Apr 14, 2010, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by TheAirman
The ticket validity would be only one year right ? How about changing dates afterwards.
Not necessarily. It is often possible to move mileage tickets for years .... I know some people are still flying on F tickets booked and moved (and moved) before the 2.5x rate came in.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 3:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat OZ Diamond SK Diamond BA Blue
Just realised however this pans out, I have to keep the BMI Credit Cards around to check in for all the TK flights I've booked using them....

This is going to get messy.

I now return you to your restraint from pointless speculation.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 3:20 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by erasmus99
Contrary to most people here, I actually need to acquire 4k more...
I'd be embarrassed to say in this crowd how many[little] miles are there in my account

And I am eagerly waiting for 23.5k from WR...
Old Apr 14, 2010, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
<deleted> misread, in the spirit of rampant speculation.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 3:21 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by adl73x
Just realised however this pans out, I have to keep the BMI Credit Cards around to check in for all the TK flights I've booked using them....

This is going to get messy.
It won't. Even if MBNA eventually re-issue these as a new M&M / MBNA Platinum / Default Card, you can keep your old card and use that at the airport. The card doesn't need to be active - it is merely a security match that they do.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 3:24 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, A3*G, TK*S
Originally Posted by Raffles
Not necessarily. It is often possible to move mileage tickets for years .... I know some people are still flying on F tickets booked and moved (and moved) before the 2.5x rate came in.
I have a relatively complex itenaray I'd like to book as soon as possible, but alas the J seats I desire haven't yet been released. Would it make sense to book tickets now on the desired dates in Y, and then hope I can still upgrade to J at a later date for the current prices, or book on dates a few months in advance in J, and hope seats get released that I can move to later? I'm guessing the latter, to be safe, but then it's potentially a pain if the seats don't become available!
Old Apr 14, 2010, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dsf
So soon after the "10% bonus on buying DC miles" promo too.
...and while there is still a Join DC and earn 2500 bonus miles on the homepage.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 3:40 pm

Programs: Bombay Sapphire; Sephora Plat
I'll mail my latest boarding passes and hotel stays first thing tomorrow (some 10k there), crossing fingers for them to post before the armaggedon date

Anyway, being a newbie in BD I have not many miles to burn, so I'll just sit tight and wait for official communication from BD about the subject. On the meantime, I think I'll buy the cheap 24k BD miles just in case...
Old Apr 14, 2010, 3:43 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by GoldCircle
I, for one, am pleased to have had the heads-up; I spend A LOT of miles today in a leisurely fashion. Took a while to find the first redemption on ANA, but after that it all came together nicely.

And if the LH migration offer turns out to be too juicy to withstand, well cancellation is possible for a reasonable sum - compared to the risk of have them devalue.

I haven't seen the M&M references on two separate IP ranges I worked from today in Ireland; however, using a VPN, I could see it on a UK range. This is either significant, or it is not. And if it is, it means they are segmenting the database geographically - possibly menaing that UK members will be offered a migration, with the rest being given a short time to get their affaires in order. Just a thought.
I'd be updating my account address (and those of household members) with a UK address if not having done so already. Isn't the family membership transfer link online killed already (or is that dependent upon IP address region)?
Old Apr 14, 2010, 3:55 pm

Programs: *A Gold, OWE
Originally Posted by Raffles
But how ?
I am not familiar with this, as I usually only book with exact dates and what I really intend to fly.
I am currently looking at 4 flights Europe-Australia in BC spread over 2011, about one per quarter. How do I make sure that I can move the Q3/Q4 flights booked on let's say May 10 for 330 days in advance (so let's say April 2, 2011) to something like October 2011 ? That would be way outside the ticket validity of one year.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 4:14 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
M&M link comes and goes for me (!). I'm accessing from an Australian IP.
30 min ago, it was there. Now it's not there, unless I log in.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 4:16 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat OZ Diamond SK Diamond BA Blue
Bizarre. As at 23:15 UK Summer time, the M&M link has disappeared again (well, for me it has).

(Distant sound of lolcats being stuffed back into the bag...)
Old Apr 14, 2010, 4:21 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by GUWonder
I'd be updating my account address (and those of household members) with a UK address if not having done so already. Isn't the family membership transfer link online killed already (or is that dependent upon IP address region)?
I managed to successfully send out an invite to my new "butler" earlier today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.