Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis First Club

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2007, 1:29 am

Originally Posted by Kona 1K
Does the new Avis First program affect the Avis Ali'i Club (for those of us who are residents of Hawai'i)? I enjoy, and regularly use, the free-day coupons from the Ali'i Club, but free weekend coupons are pretty useless, IMHO.

It will be a real downer if the Ali'i Club goes away.

Jonathan
no, its a local program. I believe there are a couple of dozen local rewards programs, one of which is the Alii Club. Don' as me to purrnounce it, I just know it exists.
Old Apr 15, 2007, 6:29 am

Programs: Plat AA,CO and Delta, Avis First
I received mY Avis first Card 4 weeks ago. I thought I was down graded at first.

Avis at the airport where I live Ticked me off to the point that I refused to rent a car and I just drove my own vehicle.

I complained to Corporate office and then I got the New upgrade in Card. I normally this time of the year I rent from Jan to May non stop.

I only rented 1 time.

Not sure what is going on. I havent been keeping up with things. But i will be stopping by to read any updates
Old Apr 16, 2007, 9:58 am
Suspended

i got my free rental via email. interesting T&C: "A reservation using this coupon must be cancelled by reservation rental date or coupon will be considered redeemed."
Old Apr 16, 2007, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by flyerman770
gleff:

rwinn:

As a CHM myself who exceeded ALL the requirements for ANY coupon/promotions and didnt get any, i called AVIS today and they told me that since I am a Chairman I am not elegible for AVIS FIRST, and I will not be elegible for the promotion. They said "since you already have benefits, you can't get both the benefits of CHM and the benefits of AVIS FIRST"
Are you freakin' kidding me? This makes me wish car rental companies did status matches as easily as airlines.
Old Apr 16, 2007, 4:00 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, Avis First
Originally Posted by Kona 1K
Does the new Avis First program affect the Avis Ali'i Club (for those of us who are residents of Hawai'i)? I enjoy, and regularly use, the free-day coupons from the Ali'i Club, but free weekend coupons are pretty useless, IMHO.

It will be a real downer if the Ali'i Club goes away.

Jonathan
What are the bonuses for being in the Ali'i (ezemonee - pronounced something like- Ah-Lee-E) club? I am a "newer" (4+ months) Hawaii resident, so if it is better than Avis Frist then I am switching.

Last edited by mrblueeyes; Apr 16, 2007 at 4:12 pm
Old May 1, 2007, 11:04 am

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by mrblueeyes
What are the bonuses for being in the Ali'i (ezemonee - pronounced something like- Ah-Lee-E) club? I am a "newer" (4+ months) Hawaii resident, so if it is better than Avis Frist then I am switching.
There may be some small ones that I forget/don't care about, but the best one is that you receive a free-day coupon after every four rentals. The rentals can be anywhere (not just Hawaii), and they can be redeemed anywhere (not sure about international, I don't rent international). The coupon is good for all of the basic car classes (subcompact through premium, plus Convertible in Hawaii).

As someone stated earlier, the Ali'i Club (and other regional programs) appear to be independent of First (or PS). That was certainly my hope, and seems to make sense from a marketing perspective.

Jonathan
Old May 1, 2007, 12:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by DallasBill
Here's my guess why you and others with lots a pre-First rentals don't show them within the AvisFirst.com login.
Read this again:
Your membership in Avis First is based on your rental activity in a calendar year. Avis First is evaluated each year and members who have not met the rental qualifications will be returned to Preferred Service until they again reach the desired threshold. The following expiration rules apply:
* In your inaugural membership year of Avis First, your expiration date will be set to December of the following year.
* As an example, if you first become a member of Avis First on July 2007 your expiration date will be set to December 2008.

Thus, you are in First till end of 2008 and start at 0 rentals within it.

They are tracking all rentals going forward in First, and they are ending P/PS at the end of 2007. So, if one continues to rack up rentals going forward in First, you stay in. If you qualify in P/PS in 2007, you get into First in 2008. So, they have to track each program separately -- not bleeding edge, but it makes sense if you look at it that way...<snip>...
Except according to the First website w/r/t membership expiration... (bolding mine)
In your inaugural membership year of Avis First, your expiration date will be set to December of the following year.
As an example, if you first become a member of Avis First on July 2007 your expiration date will be set to December 2008.
In all subsequent years that you remain a member, your expiration date will advance one year at a time.
As an example, if your current expiration date is set to December 2007 and at that time you still qualify for Avis First, your membership will be renewed and your expiration date will be advanced to December 2008.
The expiration date for former Preferred Select members who are enrolled in Avis First on program launch date are set to December 2007 as we are replacing one program with another and thus you were qualified by reviewing your 2006 rental history.
So it doesn't seem so clear cut for those who were moved from Preferred Select to Avis First, if I'm reading this correctly. If I am reading it correctly, then those of us who were activated to Avis First in March have lost 3 months (in theory) of rental credits toward requalification for 2008?
Old Jun 6, 2007, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Brilliant... I just got an email for Avis Corp Rewards, trumpeting the Avis Preferred program and how I should sign up.
Old Jun 6, 2007, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by IceTrojan
Brilliant...Rewards, trumpeting the Avis Preferred program
A blast from the past?
Old Jun 6, 2007, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Even if I can't get AvisFirst free weekend rentals as a CHM, at least I can get free rental days via Corporate Rewards..

(And I too wish Hertz would status match... )
Old Jun 6, 2007, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by gleff
Even if I can't get AvisFirst free weekend rentals as a CHM, at least I can get free rental days via Corporate Rewards..
... and RentSavers
Old Jun 10, 2007, 8:51 am

Programs: Bonvoy - LIFETIME!!! Titanium ; AA - Platinum 2 Million Miler;
Originally Posted by fly co to see the yanks
i got my free rental via email. interesting T&C: "A reservation using this coupon must be cancelled by reservation rental date or coupon will be considered redeemed."
What email address was this sent from? I'm afraid it'll hit my spam filter.

Thanks,

Mike
Old Jun 10, 2007, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by IceTrojan
... and RentSavers
Never joined, assumed that I'd have to use a California address (which I could do...) on my Avis account and use the RentSavers AWD (I've got a great corporate discount and need to use that AWD for corporate awards as well) so figured it wasn't worth the effort... am I missing the boat?
Old Jun 13, 2007, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by ECKOA6
Membership Status: Preferred Chairman's Club
How many rentals/rental days until they "invite" most members to the chairman's club? What benefits does it have over the first program? Have we all come to a concensus as to whether Chairman's club members can receive First benefits. I have the impression the answer is CHM members don't receive...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.