Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis First Club

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2007, 9:16 am

Here are the specifics about the Avis First program.

Renters who chose Avis time and again, earn a place in Avis First, our new program that rewards our best customers with a whole new level of rewards, including free weekends. This program is replacing Preferred Select.
Avis First members are the FIRST to enjoy access to high-end services and some of the finest vehicles in the rental car industry. Some of the benefits include:

Continued Preferred Service—skip the lines and go directly to your vehicle
Free* two-day weekend rentals earned with every third rental
Upgrades, when available—to get you to your destination in style
Dedicated 800 number available day and night—to service your needs
Members-only website that gives you access to your total rentals and total rewards earned.
* Certain terms and conditions apply
Member Qualifications

Membership is by invitation and a renter must have the following qualifications to be eligible:

You must be in Preferred Service.
In a calendar year, you must have 12 or more paid rentals or a cumulative rental day total of 35 or more days on one wizard number to qualify.
Old Apr 2, 2007, 4:36 pm

For those who got your free weekend coupon by email, how long did it take for it to show up? I still haven't gotten mine, and my Avis profile still shows me as Preferred, not First...
Old Apr 2, 2007, 4:54 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Maybe a week to 10 days to get the coupon via email. However, my profile on avis.com still shows "Preferred" not "First". The receipts do show First, though.
Old Apr 2, 2007, 9:11 pm

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
Got my membership materials today - deeply confused over the T&C.

[Note: I was PS via Amex, and did not have 12 rentals last year.]

First page... replacing PS, yada, yada... "Before you can activate your membership at avisfirst.com, you will need to complete 12 or more qualified rentals, or rent 35 or more days in a calendar year."

Fine print on the back...

"If you do not activate your membership online at avisfirst.com, your rental activity will not be tracked..."

As indicated on the front page, I am not able to register at avisfirst.com. So how, if they won't track my rentals, will I ever get to the next level?
Old Apr 3, 2007, 2:18 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott
Hmm, got my First package in the mail today. I noticed I dropped to Preferred after logging into avis.com. Perhaps they are collaborating closely with the united.bomb development team.

Avis First site says I'm First. huh, unless I start getting upgrades again (haven't had a Cadillac in over a year after deliberately renting full or premium classes for years of successful upgrades), I'm going to check out other programs.
Old Apr 3, 2007, 7:00 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by Wireless
Hmm, got my First package in the mail today. I noticed I dropped to Preferred after logging into avis.com....

Avis First site says I'm First....
http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=678242 , the 2nd post. Avis.com will continue to show you as only Preferred; your receipts and AvisFirst.com will show you as a First member if you are indeed one.
Old Apr 3, 2007, 7:06 am

Programs: Plat AA,CO and Delta, Avis First
I got my Avis First Card, 2 Weeks ago. I have my upgrades just fine. I dont fly that much and the companion pass is ok. But I agree I just want my upgrades
Old Apr 3, 2007, 7:32 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

When do you get the free weekend "just for signing up?" I sure didn't see it online, do they mail it or something?
Old Apr 3, 2007, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
When do you get the free weekend "just for signing up?" I sure didn't see it online, do they mail it or something?
You'll get an email coupon in a day or two.
Old Apr 5, 2007, 10:46 am

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Plat., SPG - Gold, Delta - Gold, United - Gold, USAir - who cares?
I am still waiting fo rmy first free weekend coupon from my rental 2 weeks ago. I am gettin gready to call them AGAIN. I wish they would get thier act together and build a true loyalty program. I rent for almost 50 weeks/year and I go no better treatment than some random first time renter. Upgrades are sparse and the cars I get are generally cloth interior with stains. Just give me anything with XM radio and leather and I am a happy customer.
Old Apr 5, 2007, 10:50 am

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Plat., SPG - Gold, Delta - Gold, United - Gold, USAir - who cares?
Just spoke to the Avis First desk. The customer rep said it takes up to 2 weeks to get the coupon for a free weekend by email.
Old Apr 5, 2007, 1:20 pm

Programs: DL SM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Avis First
My overall impression with the new Avis First is a little less than ho hum. Previously as PS I was consistently getting an upgrade even when renting Compact (group B). If I selected a C or a D I was almost always taken to a G. Very nice. On top of that, I was treated almost as if I was royalty - "let me help you with your bags", etc etc. ^

I am very accepting and as long as I receive what I requested (C for a C, D for a D and so on) and the vehicle is in good working order I am a happy camper and have often sent an e-mail kudos to the location or even left a Starbucks card as my gratitude. Never really had any issues.

Now that I am "First" I am finding myself being offered a lower class/downgrade. Ex: reserved an E today (ATL) and was given a C. When I asked at the Preferred Counter what other vehicles were available it was as if I was asking for the world - "let me give you a Toyota Corolla - will that make you happy??" (I responded that I would be happy with simply receiving what I reserved - especially since the lot was full) I have never had this sort of low service at all with Avis (with ATL being one of my favs) and it all seems to have timed perfectly with their new First program.

When I had a mechanical issue with a car last week (I returned the Monte Carlo as it was stalling including once during rush hour traffic in the ATL downtown connector - 4th lane in - NOT good) I was told I should have been happy I got my upgrade. I did write a complaint letter and received the canned response of . . . we're sorry about this and that . . . we'll forward it on to the location . . . blah blah blah.

Was in San Francisco for a convention 2 weeks ago - we rented from Enterprise and received a Mercedes C Class! Am seriously beginning to consider dropping them. I am the decision maker for the company on which to use - as long as it falls within the bean counters' ranges

Has anyone else seen a decrease in their level of service since the inception of this program or is it just me?

PS - If this is the wrong forum I'm sorry and will take whatever abuse the mods see fit to send
Old Apr 6, 2007, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA GS, Avis CHM, Marriott & SPG & PC Plat., Hyatt & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Apexdv
Has anyone else seen a decrease in their level of service since the inception of this program or is it just me?
I have too, but that might just be bcs this week was the first I ever rented a car at IAD.
Old Apr 6, 2007, 7:18 pm

I move to rename it the "avis last" program. any seconds?
Old Apr 15, 2007, 1:04 am

Programs: UA 1K MM
Question Avis First and Ali'i Club ?

Does the new Avis First program affect the Avis Ali'i Club (for those of us who are residents of Hawai'i)? I enjoy, and regularly use, the free-day coupons from the Ali'i Club, but free weekend coupons are pretty useless, IMHO.

It will be a real downer if the Ali'i Club goes away.

Jonathan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.