FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avis-preferred-budget-fastbreak-420/)
-   -   Avis First Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avis-preferred-budget-fastbreak/666359-avis-first-club.html)

FlyNfrom_LEX Mar 1, 2007 6:46 pm

Avis First Club

First post.

I rented today from CHA for a quick one day rental, I noticed on the agreement that I am now an "Avis First" Memeber. I previously was Avis Prefered Select. I asked the desk guy, and he remarked that First club was the same as Preferred. Anyone else see/hear that?

LGA_Joe_YUL Mar 11, 2007 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by FlyNfrom_LEX (Post 7322994)
First post.

I rented today from CHA for a quick one day rental, I noticed on the agreement that I am now an "Avis First" Memeber. I previously was Avis Prefered Select. I asked the desk guy, and he remarked that First club was the same as Preferred. Anyone else see/hear that?

FlyNfrom_Lex..Welcome to FlyerTalk! Hope you get as much from this site as I had since I joined. Unfortunately, I don't have the answer for you, as I was just about to pose the same question. So I'll use this to bump the thread and hope ezmonee takes notice (he's the FT resident Avis Supreme Guru).

When I was renewed for Preferred Select a couple of weeks ago, the Customer Relations person told me that the levels would be changing and that I would become an Avis First member in mid-March or mid-April. She stated that she didn't have the details yet.

BamaVol Mar 11, 2007 5:44 pm

I saw Avis First on my last 3 rentals too. It doesn't matter what the program is if there is not more consistent recognition. I really don't need free nights. I want upgrades.

gleff Mar 11, 2007 6:08 pm

Log into your profile at Avis and report back what status level it lists you as.

Mine still reads:

Membership Status: Preferred Chairman's Club
So that hasn't changed... yet.

BamaVol Mar 11, 2007 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by gleff (Post 7384322)
Log into your profile at Avis and report back what status level it lists you as.

Mine still reads:

Mine still says Preferred Select

djk7 Mar 11, 2007 7:14 pm

Mine also says Preferred Select, which must have been recent, because I was just Preferred last time I checked.

IceTrojan Mar 11, 2007 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by gleff (Post 7384322)

Are we hoping to be First Chairman's Members?

Maybe we'll be bumped to CEO status. :p

ezmonee Mar 11, 2007 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by IceTrojan (Post 7384987)
Are we hoping to be First Chairman's Members?

Maybe we'll be bumped to CEO status. :p

I have been taking notice, I have an email out to a friend or two...will get more skinny shortly.

In case you dont know, there has been a major management turnaround in SOCAL.

Lots of managers quitting.

Gee I wonder how that happened (think back to my dinner with friends recently).

So my "friends list" that are current with Avis is dwindling fast.

LGA_Joe_YUL Mar 13, 2007 11:52 am

Originally Posted by ezmonee (Post 7385705)
I have been taking notice, I have an email out to a friend or two...will get more skinny shortly.

In case you dont know, there has been a major management turnaround in SOCAL.

Lots of managers quitting.

Gee I wonder how that happened (think back to my dinner with friends recently).

So my "friends list" that are current with Avis is dwindling fast.

Thanks ezmonee.

My profile still says preferred select as do my rental agreements.

bthobe Mar 13, 2007 4:58 pm

Still showing Presidents Club on this end.

rmbl Mar 13, 2007 11:29 pm

My profile now shows "Avis First", too. (was Preferred Select)

ECKOA6 Mar 14, 2007 1:40 am

Membership Status: Preferred Chairman's Club

BamaVol Mar 14, 2007 12:18 pm

I am now listed as an "Avis First" on the website. I could see no explanation of what that means. I don't expect that I will be treated any differently, but hopefully the new program will better recognize loyalty, more in line with some competitors. I believe they have Taurus hard-coded in my file somewhere. In 2017, I expect the CLE station will be stocking 10 year old Tauruses for my exclusive use and irritation.

Chris42424 Mar 14, 2007 1:39 pm

On a hunch, I types in www.avisfirst.com and the site is there with a little info. You have to "Activate" your Avis First status on the site.

More free weekends (2 days), up to 8 a year for every three rentals.

They tout special offers, but if the offers at the link are any indication, I don't think anyone is going to be very impressed.

I can't find any information about service levels at all.

RichMSN Mar 14, 2007 3:12 pm

Apparently I lost my Preferred Select status sometime in the past few months.

I've rented 8 times already in 2007 and would you believe I haven't noticed my "downgrade"?