Wiki Posts
Search

Avis First Club

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2007, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by RichMSN
Apparently I lost my Preferred Select status sometime in the past few months.

I've rented 8 times already in 2007 and would you believe I haven't noticed my "downgrade"?
You probably didn't notice the "upgrade" when you qualified either.
Old Mar 14, 2007, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Chris42424
On a hunch, I types in www.avisfirst.com and the site is there with a little info. You have to "Activate" your Avis First status on the site.

More free weekends (2 days), up to 8 a year for every three rentals.

They tout special offers, but if the offers at the link are any indication, I don't think anyone is going to be very impressed.

I can't find any information about service levels at all.
<Yawn> I'm underwhelmed. I notice it doesn't give me credit for the 25 or so rentals I've had in the last 6 months. I'm starting at zero?
Old Mar 14, 2007, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by BamaVol
You probably didn't notice the "upgrade" when you qualified either.
Nope. I only noticed cause I got a PS card in the mail.

Sad thing is, Avis could guarantee my business every rental if they acted like an airline/hotel program and had proper, earned elite levels. Since they don't, I rent from either Hertz or Avis, depending on availability/cost.
Old Mar 15, 2007, 10:21 am

Programs: AA; Marriott; SPG; HH
I've rented a car from Avis over 40 times in the past year and have not noticed a major benefit. The employees at my frequent location are really nice which is why I continue with them, but that's about it.

Now, I stumbled upon this thread only to find there's a preferred first status. After activating, it shows I have no rentals. IMO, customer relations is pretty pathetic. I did not even get an email of this program and probably would lose credit for my past stays.

Yes, I would probably get 9 free weekends this year, but it's rather shameful that customers have to go to another site just to find out about their loyalty program.

Old Mar 15, 2007, 12:06 pm
formerly known as CARTflagman

Originally Posted by badjuju
I've rented a car from Avis over 40 times in the past year and have not noticed a major benefit. The employees at my frequent location are really nice which is why I continue with them, but that's about it.

Now, I stumbled upon this thread only to find there's a preferred first status. After activating, it shows I have no rentals. IMO, customer relations is pretty pathetic. I did not even get an email of this program and probably would lose credit for my past stays.

Yes, I would probably get 9 free weekends this year, but it's rather shameful that customers have to go to another site just to find out about their loyalty program.

That's really hard to believe that you've had 40 rentals in the past 12 months with no noticable benefits.

My guess would be that your Avis number (if you have one) is not in your reservation. Certainly any of us would have called Avis by now asking what the problem was. Are you getting your FF miles for each of your rentals? CALL AVIS... your credit card bills are your proof of rental.

I only have about 10 rentals per year and I've been Preferred Select for three years in a row.

CF
Old Mar 15, 2007, 1:27 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Ritz Carlton Plat, Hyatt Diamond, DL Diamond, UA 1K, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by CART_Flagman
That's really hard to believe that you've had 40 rentals in the past 12 months with no noticable benefits.
I don't find it hard to believe. A) I've heard cases of people not being automatically bumped to Preferred Select. B) When I was preferred select, I almost never got upgrades.
Old Mar 15, 2007, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by badjuju

Maybe we've all jumped the gun. Let's face it, this change has not been announced by Avis. I'll keep my fingers crossed that Avis has yet to load the website with all the benefits.

Avis, if you're listening, we want free days, not weekends, that can be used together to create free periods of 2, 3, 4,etc days in a row.
Old Mar 15, 2007, 4:43 pm

Programs: DL Gold, WN A-List, HH Diamond, MR Plat, Avis 1st
My status changed from preferred select to Avis First.

I have noticed lower rates on my rentals for the past month. I hope that is part of the deal going forward.
Old Mar 16, 2007, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA-2MM; GalacticXpress-Irridium
Just logged into my Avis account, now Avis First after many years Preferred Select. Haven't notice any difference in upgrades, etc., same service, same rude and incompetent staff at LAX .
Old Mar 16, 2007, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by kingalien
Just logged into my Avis account, now Avis First after many years Preferred Select. Haven't notice any difference in upgrades, etc., same service, same rude and incompetent staff at LAX .
How horrible...but that's LA for ya...rude pushy in a hurry people everywhere!! I've been lucky with Avis...here in TUS they are wonderful...I'm only a Preferred Service member and I've gotten upgrades the last 2 times I rented.
Old Mar 18, 2007, 9:50 pm

Programs: DL SM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Avis First
Yeah, I was PS then Avis First and now (to my shocking horror) I am only Preferred?!? I'll be phoning tomorrow (14 rentals so far this year) to see what gives.

Never did "activate" my Avis First "membership" as I was afraid of what it might do. Now . . .
Old Mar 18, 2007, 10:59 pm

Honestly? This First program dont mean jack. The only thing I like about Preferred is the "talk to someone immediatly" phone #. I dont think you can improve that any more, unless they can read your mind and call you first :P

Member Qualifications

Membership is by invitation and a renter must have the following qualifications to be eligible:

* You must be in Preferred Service.
* In a calendar year, you must have 12 or more paid rentals or a cumulative rental day total of 35 or more days on one wizard number to qualify.
* All qualifying rentals must check in and check out in the same calendar year.

Membership Activation

* Once you qualify, Avis will automatically upgrade you to Avis First.
* Your Wizard number will remain the same but the service will be enhanced.
* You will be asked to go to avisfirst.com to activate your membership. If you do not activate your membership your rental activity will not be tracked and you will not receive your free weekend reward coupons.

Membership Expiration Rules

Your membership in Avis First is based on your rental activity in a calendar year. Avis First is evaluated each year and members who have not met the rental qualifications will be returned to Preferred Service until they again reach the desired threshold. The following expiration rules apply:

* In your inaugural membership year of Avis First, your expiration date will be set to December of the following year.
* As an example, if you first become a member of Avis First on July 2007 your expiration date will be set to December 2008.
* In all subsequent years that you remain a member, your expiration date will advance one year at a time.
* As an example, if your current expiration date is set to December 2007 and at that time you still qualify for Avis First, your membership will be renewed and your expiration date will be advanced to December 2008.
* The expiration date for former Preferred Select members who are enrolled in Avis First on program launch date are set to December 2007 as we are replacing one program with another and thus you were qualified by reviewing your 2006 rental history.

Membership Benefits

You will continue to receive all of the benefits of Preferred Service which allow you to skip the lines and go right to your vehicle. You will also receive a free one-car class upgrade when available as an added service enhancement.

Once you've activated your Avis First membership at avisfirst.com, you'll also enjoy:

* Free* two-day weekend rentals earned with every third rental.
* Dedicated 800 number for reservations and customer care.
* Members-only website that gives you access to your total rentals and total rewards earned.
* Access to exclusive Avis First offers.
Old Mar 19, 2007, 2:19 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat, UA 1P, Marriot Silver
same problem with everyone else, registered and showed no rentals...then logged on from regular avis sight and showed full rental history. i've had over 50 days of rentals and like everyone else the only benefit i see from this program is a "throw a bone amount of miles" and the skip the line benefit. otherwise, nothing else!
Old Mar 19, 2007, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
I wouldn't mind the [quoe] Free* two-day weekend rentals earned with every third rental.[/quote]so tried to sign up for Avis first. I'm a CHM and definitely meet the Avis First criteria of (cough) 12 rentals in a year. I've long ago exceeded that number thus far in 2007...

Yet I got a message that I was not eligible.
Old Mar 19, 2007, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by airpaco
same problem with everyone else, registered and showed no rentals...then logged on from regular avis sight and showed full rental history. i've had over 50 days of rentals and like everyone else the only benefit i see from this program is a "throw a bone amount of miles" and the skip the line benefit. otherwise, nothing else!
I rechecked today. It shows my one rental since I activated myself. Avis.com shows me a "Preferred". Avisfirst.com shows me with too few rentals to qualify. I'm still holding out hope that the 2 will be synched at or around the time this is announced, and that the benefits will be more than a handful of free weekends. Hopefully the free weekends will be usable in the NYC area unlike previous promos.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.