Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis First Club

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2007, 8:50 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Alaska MVP, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite, UA Kettle
Originally Posted by gleff
I wouldn't mind the
Free* two-day weekend rentals earned with every third rental.
so tried to sign up for Avis first. I'm a CHM and definitely meet the Avis First criteria of (cough) 12 rentals in a year. I've long ago exceeded that number thus far in 2007...

Yet I got a message that I was not eligible.
"Our records indicate that you are not a Avis First member."
Old Mar 19, 2007, 10:02 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
I just started renting with Avis and recently got my Preferred card in the mail last week. I recall seeing on the enclosed letter about getting something special after 50 days of rentals in one year. I wish I had kept the letter as that's all I can remember, but I specifically recall the 50 days figure. However, it gave no further information about what this something special was. I know Avis First only needs 35 days so I'm wondering if anyone has a clue as to what I'm talking about?
Old Mar 20, 2007, 7:43 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

I'm sure you were referring to this:

http://www.sammiee.com/avis.html
Old Mar 20, 2007, 1:14 pm

Programs: AA, CO, DL, WN, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by BamaVol
I rechecked today. It shows my one rental since I activated myself. Avis.com shows me a "Preferred". Avisfirst.com shows me with too few rentals to qualify. I'm still holding out hope that the 2 will be synched at or around the time this is announced, and that the benefits will be more than a handful of free weekends. Hopefully the free weekends will be usable in the NYC area unlike previous promos.
Here's my guess why you and others with lots a pre-First rentals don't show them within the AvisFirst.com login.

Read this again:
Your membership in Avis First is based on your rental activity in a calendar year. Avis First is evaluated each year and members who have not met the rental qualifications will be returned to Preferred Service until they again reach the desired threshold. The following expiration rules apply:

* In your inaugural membership year of Avis First, your expiration date will be set to December of the following year.
* As an example, if you first become a member of Avis First on July 2007 your expiration date will be set to December 2008.

Thus, you are in First till end of 2008 and start at 0 rentals within it.

They are tracking all rentals going forward in First, and they are ending P/PS at the end of 2007. So, if one continues to rack up rentals going forward in First, you stay in. If you qualify in P/PS in 2007, you get into First in 2008. So, they have to track each program separately -- not bleeding edge, but it makes sense if you look at it that way.

I am PS, but no rentals the past year and when I tried to log into the PS site, it was labelled First and would not accept my Wizard#. When I called Avis, they sent me to AvisFirst.com to 'activate' and that told me I did not qualify. My Avis.com profile says 'Preferred' so I guess that's where I stay... until end of 2007, anyway!

Now a question: WHERE on Avis.com within your profile does one set FF numbers and discounts? It appears to have vanished -- it is not in the Profile area of My Avis anymore.
Old Mar 20, 2007, 2:47 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat, UA 1P, Marriot Silver
i had problems finding where to add ff numbers as well but was able to have one of the desk agents permanetly add my numbers.
Old Mar 20, 2007, 3:48 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, Avis First
Funny, I never got an invite to Avis First but I tried my luck with the website and now, I guess, I am Avis First.

I think their way of handing out "rewards" is stupid. I rent at 14-30 rental days at a time but the way they have it setup you get as much "credit" towards a reward for a 1 day rental as you do for a 30 day rental. <Spock>That is illogical.</Spock>
Old Mar 20, 2007, 4:57 pm

Programs: UA *G MM
The website says that I am Preferred; never bothered noticing in the past. I called and they told me that I am in fact Avis First. They supposedly mailed stuff starting March 14.
Old Mar 20, 2007, 5:24 pm

after having to request to become Preferred select i've already been bounced back down to Preferred. I signed up for First now. Apparently my 10 rentals this calendar year after about 21 last year isn't good enough for Avis.

I would take my business elsewhere if my company had codes to waive the under 25 fee with other rental companies.
Old Mar 20, 2007, 5:45 pm

Programs: DL SM, HH Gold, Starwood Platinum, Avis First
Just checked my profile today and have been downgraded from Preferred Select to Preferred. I rented 12 times for a total of 37 days in 2006. Now I am "not invited"? Leaves me with a poor impression of Avis.
Old Mar 20, 2007, 9:58 pm

Programs: DL-Dirt Medallion;US-Cast Iron Preferred; HH-Gold; Avis First
They must be working on it, I was Avis First for the last week or so, but am back to Preferred now. That probably explains the Saturn Ion.

I hope they get their act together on this soon.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 6:06 pm

Programs: UA, *Wood Plat, CO, QF
Count me as another person dropped down from Preferred select to Preferred. I don't know exactly how many rentals I had in 2006, but it was definitely more than 12.
Old Mar 24, 2007, 11:45 pm
Suspended

preferred select to preferred here.
Old Mar 25, 2007, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Any idea if someone from Avis monitors this board? Would they have any idea how frustrated most of us are? My local Avis office is a franchise and they're clueless about everything Avis. They barely seem to be able to rent me a car. My #1 destination hates me so I won't bother there. I won't see a 3rd Avis station until the end of April. If it's still this bad, they will have a conversation with me.
Old Mar 25, 2007, 11:35 am

Programs: AC Elite; FB Gold; ST Elite; Intercontinental Amb.; Avis PS; HG; HHG
Preferred Select to Preferred to Preferred Select two-three weeks before the rollout of the Avis First thing. Then Preferred Select to First to Preferred last week.
Old Mar 25, 2007, 10:58 pm

Programs: Delta PLT, IC RA
I rented a car @ BUR today... I asked them what they saw on my account, they said just standard preferred. They have no idea what avis first is..

I was previously preferred select.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.