Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis First Club

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2007, 11:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Preferred Select knocked down to Preferred despite 12 to 15 rentals in the past 12 months... I'd be hurt, but I never understood what "Select" was good for anyway... and I am not invited to be in AvisFirst, but it doesn't look like there's any more value to "First" than there was to "Select."

I rented from Hertz last month, and I'm renting from National next week...
Old Mar 26, 2007, 8:09 am

Programs: AA PP, Hilton/MR Gold
I seem to qualify for AvisFirst, but the web site is not allowing me to sign up -- is there a number I can call to get it straightened out? Thanks!
Old Mar 26, 2007, 5:34 pm

Programs: Avis Chairmans, National Executive, Spirit Elite, Virgin Silver, United Premier
gleff:
I wouldn't mind the "Free* two-day weekend rentals earned with every third rental". So tried to sign up for Avis first. I'm a CHM and definitely meet the Avis First criteria of (cough) 12 rentals in a year. I've long ago exceeded that number thus far in 2007... Yet I got a message that I was not eligible.
rwinn:
"Our records indicate that you are not a Avis First member."
As a CHM myself who exceeded ALL the requirements for ANY coupon/promotions and didnt get any, i called AVIS today and they told me that since I am a Chairman I am not elegible for AVIS FIRST, and I will not be elegible for the promotion. They said "since you already have benefits, you can't get both the benefits of CHM and the benefits of AVIS FIRST"
Old Mar 26, 2007, 6:02 pm

I got a letter today welcoming me to AvisFirst, and specifically mentioning that I would continue to receive my President's Club benefits in addition (and it spelled them out).

Should I be afraid to activate the AvisFirst?
Old Mar 26, 2007, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
I got my first free rental coupon via email today. Unfortunately, my corporate email won't accept the graphics and I have a lot of red x's and a couple lines of text. I tried the link that says click here if you can't see the coupon and it was a dead end. Any suggestions?
Old Mar 26, 2007, 9:17 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by BamaVol
I got my first free rental coupon via email today. Unfortunately, my corporate email won't accept the graphics and I have a lot of red x's and a couple lines of text. I tried the link that says click here if you can't see the coupon and it was a dead end. Any suggestions?
I'm guessing you have Lotus Notes? My work email had the same thing when I tried to sign up for Cingular's Business discount. If this is the problem, there's a patch that your IT dep't will have to install. They told me the name of it, but can't remember. If I can find it tomorrow on my laptop, I'll post it.

Now that you mention it, I tried the "click here" link at the top of my email and it was a dead end as well.
Old Mar 26, 2007, 9:37 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat, UA 1P, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by BamaVol
just forward the email to an account that is able to read the text (i.e. yahoo, hotmail)
Old Mar 27, 2007, 2:00 am
cxn

Looks like they have me in the system:

MEMBER ENROLLMENT DATE : 03/14/2007

I did see an insert when I got my Presidents Club Card
Old Mar 28, 2007, 9:17 am

Apparently they have simply substituted the select for this new program.
If you don't activate (as a select)you will only be a preferred.
The only thing I see is a lot of waisted Avis money spent on this change.
The new site shows me with zero rentals.If they are counting from Jan. they somehow forgot the 6 I already had.
Why bother?
Old Mar 28, 2007, 2:02 pm

Programs: DL - exPlat (now Gold) ; AB - Gold ; TK - Gold; BMI - exGold; US - exChairman ; UA-ex1K; NW-exGold
I just got my Avis First card in the mail and don't see a huge advantage of it.

The packaging was actually a whole lot nicer than the package for my US Platinum card
Old Mar 29, 2007, 12:06 am

Programs: Mucci Gold Class
I got the same thing: 35+ rentals last year, 6 ish this year so far and I got bumped down from PS to Preferred. The First site did accept my membership though. I don't see a problem with 12 rentals as I'll have that within less than a month.

I think the big problem here is that those of us who rent a lot appear to have had our status gratuitously downgraded while we requalify for First. Personally, I score an upgrade pretty much every time and I was wondering why that seemed to have stopped in the last month...

Come on Avis, get your act together. Last year's high renters should be grandfathered in or kept at PS until the First program is properly rolled out.
Old Mar 29, 2007, 5:47 am

Programs: AA Plat, Alaska MVP, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite, UA Kettle
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D052; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

Quote from Flyerman770:
--
i called AVIS today and they told me that since I am a Chairman I am not elegible for AVIS FIRST, and I will not be elegible for the promotion. They said "since you already have benefits, you can't get both the benefits of CHM and the benefits of AVIS FIRST"
--

boo Although I'm not proud of it, I guess I'll feel less guilty about my Enterprise rental later today. I just can't wait for that pre-rental walkaround!

(Message edited to include Flyerman's quote.)

Last edited by rwinn; Mar 29, 2007 at 5:58 am
Old Mar 29, 2007, 9:09 am

Programs: AA PP, Hilton/MR Gold
I've seen some promise dealing directly with phone customer support -- they might be able to fix some of these problems that people are experiencing. They havent quite fixed mine yet, but they seem to be working on it.
Old Mar 29, 2007, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by airpaco
just forward the email to an account that is able to read the text (i.e. yahoo, hotmail)
Didn't work. I'm sure it will the next time if I change my address to yahoo in my profile, but I'd like to have this one as well.
Old Mar 29, 2007, 10:12 pm

Programs: UA GS, Avis CHM, Marriott & SPG & PC Plat., Hyatt & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by fly co to see the yanks
preferred select to preferred here.
Me too, and I had 41 rentals 2006

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.