Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2023, 8:19 am

Programs: Sixt Diamont
Originally Posted by macaron95
I just had a lunch with former colleagues and we talked about using AWD codes posted here, 2 of them had their reservations cancelled and they finally had to pay full price. I don't have much details about which codes were used.
I heard that they became more difficult
but some of them still works in some countries
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old May 8, 2023, 6:05 pm

J323400

Hi Dim - great code! The before taxes etc rate was half of the "regular" AWD rates! This is for a weekend rental from a small regional airport.

What really puzzles me, though, is avis.ie - even cheaper rates without any AWD. How can Avis run a business like this??
DIM likes this.
Old May 9, 2023, 9:48 pm

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
My corporate code gets me base rate $28.25 flat. After taxes and fees it generally comes out to $44 a day.

Is there anything that beats this?
Old May 9, 2023, 9:57 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by lowkeyflyer
My corporate code gets me base rate $28.25 flat. After taxes and fees it generally comes out to $44 a day.

Is there anything that beats this?
Maybe not, but Avis has been renegotiating all these fixed-rate contracts, so enjoy it while it lasts!
Old May 17, 2023, 7:28 am

Any suggestions for a New Zealand AWD code?
Old May 29, 2023, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by BoringMidlander
AWD J323400
Has anyone had any joy using this in the US with a UK driving licence/booking? Potentially halves the rate when I look at the website, but don't want to get caught out at the counter (or to mess up DIM's account).

​​
Hi ​BoringMidlander , did you use this code and did you have to show any ID for it? I have a trip coming up soon with 2 kids and I'm just a bit concerned about Avis requiring ID for it and it's a busy travel season so i'm afraid they will not even have the car that day if they reject my code and i can't get another car during that week.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 9:45 am

Do companies get notified when you use their code at all?
Old Jun 7, 2023, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by DIM
as it is my small business discount, colleagues may use it from my permission; no corporate ID needed as it is nit a corp discount
Hi DIM, Using your code for a week-long booking in August. Amazing rate. Thank you so very much for sharing!!
DIM likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2023, 1:49 am
Suspended

deleted
Old Jun 9, 2023, 12:44 am

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Large risk considering that it's Europe.
Old Jun 10, 2023, 3:30 pm

Can someone validate which company code D490100 is? It has shown up in my account so I assume its from Salesforce but I would like to confirm as I cannot find how to look them up.
Old Jun 11, 2023, 1:55 pm

I used the Deloitte code for a discount here in an Italian city but I don’t work for them. I was given the keys, contract signed and completed and was driving away and then the counter guy comes running out and says “I need a business card or email.” This has never happened to me before using the code. I told him I’d send it via email and now I don’t know what to do. Can they ask for it after the contract is signed and completed? What would he have done if I said I don’t have one?

I don’t plan on using the code again in the future (so don’t offer that solution in this case) but don’t know what to do now in this situation. I was thinking of saying I got fired while on vacation and no longer have access to my email and was locked out with no notice. I’m worried if when I return the car and the agent asks for it and I don’t have it, what the result could be.
Old Jun 12, 2023, 12:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by SudOvest
I used the Deloitte code for a discount here in an Italian city but I don’t work for them. I was given the keys, contract signed and completed and was driving away and then the counter guy comes running out and says “I need a business card or email.” This has never happened to me before using the code. I told him I’d send it via email and now I don’t know what to do. Can they ask for it after the contract is signed and completed? What would he have done if I said I don’t have one?

I don’t plan on using the code again in the future (so don’t offer that solution in this case) but don’t know what to do now in this situation. I was thinking of saying I got fired while on vacation and no longer have access to my email and was locked out with no notice. I’m worried if when I return the car and the agent asks for it and I don’t have it, what the result could be.
How much is the cost difference between your corporate rate and retail? You might want to invest an hour creating some business cards and acquainting yourself with a local Italian quick-print shop.
Old Jun 17, 2023, 8:11 am

I'm about to go to Toronto, so I have 2 bookings with Avis. One with a corporate AWD at the airport, and one without away from the airport. If they ask for ID at the airport/decline my booking rate, will I get charged a cancellation fee if I walk away from the rental?
Old Jun 17, 2023, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Btai88
I'm about to go to Toronto, so I have 2 bookings with Avis. One with a corporate AWD at the airport, and one without away from the airport. If they ask for ID at the airport/decline my booking rate, will I get charged a cancellation fee if I walk away from the rental?
What do the terms and conditions of your booking say?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.