Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2015, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by richarddd
Pro tip: search this thread for B270898, also google it.
yes, and there is nothing. someone said costco once, but that does not seem right...but thanks for the 'tip'.

I am just trying to get a clear answer here. Has anyone ever used the code. what was the experience when getting the car?
Old Oct 19, 2015, 5:14 am

Programs: HH D,CC,SPG,AZ: Gold;BA Silver, TK Elite
E027237

Update on code E027237:
It seems that ID checks are more frequently in place for this code, friend of mine got caught in Italy last month and had to haggle his way to avoid paying full price.
Use it at your own risk
Old Oct 23, 2015, 3:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP / UA Lifetime Gold / Marriott Lifetime Plat / SPG Plat / Hyatt Diamond / HH Diamond / Avis CC
New L093590 Question

I've been using the L093590 AWD in Europe as it gets the best rates. Lately I've noticed that when the reservation is complete it changes to K444414.

I know that L093590 is supposed to be Kellwood but I can't find anything on the net giving me a clue as to where K444414 comes from. Anyone notice this and find out more info?
Old Oct 24, 2015, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by joediver
I've been using the L093590 AWD in Europe as it gets the best rates. Lately I've noticed that when the reservation is complete it changes to K444414.

I know that L093590 is supposed to be Kellwood but I can't find anything on the net giving me a clue as to where K444414 comes from. Anyone notice this and find out more info?
You can search this thread years back and you will see that the "L" code you are using was changed to G417900. Not sure why, maybe they negotiated a new contract or something. I used that old "L" code for many years and the G417900 replacement code is still my favorite. Consistently low rates and never a hassle. In my opinion, the risk if being asked for am ID or being turned away is not worth the risk with some of the other codes that may be a couple bucks cheaper.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 11:41 pm

I find this for Peregrine Systems Meetings

rate is half off Costco rate , I will give a try if they ask for ID, I will just cancel it and go for Alamo backup

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20039008-post2783.html

Originally Posted by marcoh
yes, and there is nothing. someone said costco once, but that does not seem right...but thanks for the 'tip'.

I am just trying to get a clear answer here. Has anyone ever used the code. what was the experience when getting the car?
Old Nov 8, 2015, 10:15 am

Hello. I am looking for coupon codes to add to our existing AWD's. Is there a list of these that are up to date or can anyone provide current ones? Thank you.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 2:38 pm

A113400 dead on OW?
Old Nov 11, 2015, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by ecgz88

rate is half off Costco rate , I will give a try if they ask for ID, I will just cancel it and go for Alamo backup

Let us know how it went. Thanks!
Old Nov 16, 2015, 12:37 pm

I'm looking for a code to help get a one-way, 24-hour rental cost down in California.

This is to get to and from an airport that is located about 2 hours from where I live. I do one 1-way rental to get to the airport, and another 1-way rental to get back home from the airport about 2 weeks later every year when I fly home for Christmas.

The Avis/Budget rental office is located within close walking distance to my house. BUT they now consistently demand business cards or other ID showing affiliation from anybody using a corporate discount code or any code that gives a significant discount, and they will charge customers full price if they can't cough one up.

Coming back from the airport is not such a big deal as that branch has never questioned any code I've ever used there.

Last year I used a Costco code and I do have a Costco card so that was no problem but this year... the cheapest I can get the cost down to is about $84 + tax each way .... which is extremely expensive, even for a 1-way rental. Coming back from the airport... it's about $15 higher than what I've paid in past years (there's an airport fee). But the rental to the airport is usually "only" $40-ish, not $84.

Can anybody suggest an uncomplicated code that would help reduce the cost, that wouldn't give me insurmountable grief with my neighborhood Avis branch? I've got Costco and Entertainment, but they really aren't bringing the price down much.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 7:20 am
m_l

Hi there, is there any coupon or awd which gives me a discount on one-way rentals?
I'll drive from New Jersey to North Carolina - Rates are quite good but there's a 300$ One-Way fee. Any ideas?
Old Nov 24, 2015, 2:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, IHG Platinum, Aadvantage Platinum
Does anyone have experience with using a company's code and having a problem with the rental car? Say damage or theft? There might be some small print that might allow Avis to make life difficult should that happen and they run a check on whether you work for said company. Anecdotal information welcome.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 10:51 am

OW no Mileage...?

I too am in need of a discount code that will not charge mileage on a OW. In US if anyone can help?

Appreciate it!
Old Dec 5, 2015, 10:12 am

Anyone have trouble with AWD B270898? Avis says the rate code is MS.

I just booked this rate on the Avis site. I'm a Preferred member and will be picking up at MCO at 5 p.m. on 12/19.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 6:44 pm

This is a code that comes up every few months, but has anyone successfully used B999000 lately? It gives amazing rates.
Old Dec 27, 2015, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by ecgz88

I just called Avis and asked them if this code (B270898) was still valid and he said "Peregrine System Meetings Corp?" and I said yup. He said it was still valid and I asked whether I needed to bring my ID and he said the reservation system would tell him if that were necessary, but it did not. Up to you if you want to give it a go. On my upcoming Tampa rental, it is around $80 less than the lowest rate I found for 5 days in February.

Please let us know whether you had any issues if you decide to give it a whirl.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.