Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2015, 2:36 pm

Hey guys can u guys help me out with a coupon! I'll be Renting a car in Chicago nov sat 7 and returning it the Nov 15 sun. I would like to get a nice car rental premium or luxury. Doesn't really matter where the location is as long as is Chicago area.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 4:40 pm

A074800 Citicorp Leisure Travel

I was chatting with avis Representative and i asked if the under age fee was waive off with this coupon and he said as long as im a usaa member then yes. If i use this coupon would i need to show any type of id for the coupon ?
Old Jul 26, 2015, 4:50 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
That's more than odd question from several perspectives.

First, and most obviously, joining the Avis Preferred program is 100% free to everyone and allows you to skip all the lines. You just show your DL to the guard at the lot exit booth. So there's no opportunity to ask you to show anything.

So I don't even understand the question, really.

Second, even if you show up at the counter -- and why would you do that? -- they still don't ask for extraneous IDs.

And third, aren't you worried at all about, you know, consequences? Such as if there's a wreck?

That's the question you should be asking.

And fourth, there's morality. But that's way, way beyond my expertise. Would this be cheating, or wrong? I have no idea.

Last edited by FallenPlat; Jul 27, 2015 at 7:13 am Reason: Did fix that "Hertz" typo -- oops.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

"First, and most obviously, joining the Hertz Gold program is 100% free"

Just as obviously, Hertz Gold won't do much for the OP when he tries to rent from Avis.

There's a recent thread in the FT Car Rental Discussion forum about someone who tried to rent from Budget at the USAA rate and was denied because she could not produce a USAA membership card.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 8:35 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
I have used this code dozens of times with never an issue.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 7:15 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
That sounds right to me. I've always rented using some code or another that I have -- company, trade association, AAA, whatever -- and I've never been asked for the applicable ID.

But as noted above, lightening could always strike, I suppose.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 7:34 am

Programs: Virgin Flying Club British Airways Executive Club
Trying to book in Glasgow now with A074800 and I'm getting an error. I had previously used it successfully twice in London.

Originally Posted by avis.co.uk
Travel agency rates can't be booked online. Please contact your local travel agent or call 0808 284 0013. (EX038)
Is this one finished?
Old Jul 29, 2015, 7:41 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Can't speak to London, but just tried it for a booking at SEA and worked fine.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 9:02 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by ezl
i'm trying to book a full size van from 8-8 to 8-16 in chicago area, but can't find anything that would be less than $1500. Do you guys have any suggestions? I am preferred so was hoping for one class upgrade, but im not sure from what class that would be.

any suggestions with the discount codes or how to go about it?

Thank you!
Your best bet is to try several discount codes and then post what your best rate is and what code you used. Then we can see if we can beat it. Or try AutoSlash, as that's what they're great for.

Unfortunately, full size vans are expensive to rent, so <$200/day with all taxes is a decent rate.

Upgrades to these are very tough unless you find a location with a ton that isn't in need of them. Your best bet would be to book a mini-van/large SUV and then ask an agent for an ugprade to a large van. However, that's not guaranteed so if you need one, you'll have to shell out what they're asking at booking.

Moderator's Note It's worth noting: Per the terms of FlyerTalk, you're only allowed to post the same thing in one forum/thread. I've deleted your new thread in the Avis forum, as this is where it would belong. You might be better served by posting this question in the general Rental Car Forum, as another agency might be better if you NEED a large van. If you want to start a thread there, I'll delete this post and keep the discussion going there.

Cheers,
IAHtraveler
Old Aug 8, 2015, 4:17 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
It was asked awhile back. Any idea where the code A888813 comes from and if its safe to use? Rate also changes if I change my country of residence. (Lower if I enter US instead of SIN)... does that matter?

Whole thing brings a 11 day rate from around EUR700 to EUR550
Old Aug 8, 2015, 6:26 am

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
Originally Posted by gilbertaue

...Any idea where the code A888813 comes from and if its safe to use?
This AWD appeared spontaneously in my Wizard account around 2005. I have no idea where it came from. It was listed as MRA and I also have no idea what that is. I used it without any problem in French Polynesia at the time and more recently in Athens and Zurich.
Old Aug 9, 2015, 3:34 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Avis Discount Codes

Deleted
Old Aug 11, 2015, 4:58 am

old reliable

give this one a try I travel in Europe and Canada USA a lot, c326000. its a code that I have used 40 -50 times a year without issues...
Old Aug 12, 2015, 10:53 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by mmckaig
give this one a try I travel in Europe and Canada USA a lot, c326000. its a code that I have used 40 -50 times a year without issues...
Thanks... takes the rate up to EUR735.00. So its even higher...
Old Aug 13, 2015, 9:18 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Hi;

Trying to use the Priceline AWD and get bonus miles but the coupons I'm trying get a funny message that they aren't valid because they expire on 12/31/15 (which is the right date, hence they aren't expired).

I'm thinking you just can't get bonus miles with Priceline. (AWDA686200).

I tried the Club Carlson and the Alaska Air partner bonuses in the sticky for that topic. Any suggestions- either comparable AWDs or better coupon codes?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.