Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2016, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by papyPiHi
B270898, safe
Can confirm was recently denied at LAX using this code. Luckily had plenty of backup options so just walked away.
Old Mar 16, 2016, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by belfordrocks
Can confirm was recently denied at LAX using this code. Luckily had plenty of backup options so just walked away.
i take it you were denied at the counter, right? for preferred plus, i use this code and others and prepay my reservations. my only interaction with an agent is if i want to change vehicles...
Old Mar 17, 2016, 12:23 am

Yes, denied at counter. I was also renting on a rather unusual one way and this may have contributed as well.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 9:01 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Originally Posted by ivyesq2012
i take it you were denied at the counter, right? for preferred plus, i use this code and others and prepay my reservations. my only interaction with an agent is if i want to change vehicles...
with any code and most locations and preferred or pp, these days I get an email that says "your car is in space A27" or something like that.. at that point I'm pretty confident we're all set with whatever the code is.

always have a backup though.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 10:05 am

Programs: National EE, Avis CC
Originally Posted by nmenaker
with any code and most locations and preferred or pp, these days I get an email that says "your car is in space A27" or something like that.. at that point I'm pretty confident we're all set with whatever the code is.

always have a backup though.
I have a reservation at SNA this weekend with that code. I don't think SNA is a Select and Go location, so I have to go to counter even though I am PP. Will report back if I get rejected or not as that is the best rate I could find so far.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by Grog
I'm not questioning the success, just spelling out the situation and outlining risk. And since Peregrine was absorbed by HP, there's probably a comparable HP code worth finding. I'm actually a big risk taker, but I'd be nervous if I ever needed to rely on that LDW for a few thousand dollars.
I work for HP and I can tell you our discount is great, better than any AWD number I've seen on this site, except the employee one. I'm not going to divulge the code because I don't want the code to get killed or anything, but he's an example of the rates I get at one of the airports I frequent:

Old Mar 17, 2016, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by viperboy
I work for HP and I can tell you our discount is great, better than any AWD number I've seen on this site, except the employee one. I'm not going to divulge the code because I don't want the code to get killed or anything, but he's an example of the rates I get at one of the airports I frequent:

I work for HPE (dont know if the code is the same) and travel freq..... ive compared the corp AWD code to the 25% AWD leisure code and find the leisure code offers a bit more of a discount.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 8:27 am

Anybody know what AWD code U915590 is?

Can anybody comment on code U915590? Is this a public access code? I found it on slickdeals but haven't really seen anyone commenting on it.

So far I have gotten my best rates through use of this code coupled with a Costco car upgrade discount code.

Pickup - ABF (Naples Airport)
4/9 at 3:30pm

Dropoff - RSW (Southwest Intl)
4/17 at 5:00 am

Best rate I have gotten all in is $311.

Any assistance would be appreciated, especially if folks see better rates. Thanks!
Old Mar 18, 2016, 12:34 pm

Has anyone had a problem with "A108300". It is a Costco code, and I am NOT a Costco member. However I can't find a code giving me anything cheaper than what that code is offering me. It allows me to prepay on the website so will they still randomly ask me for a Costco member ID at the desk?

Thanks
Old Mar 19, 2016, 6:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold...
Originally Posted by viperboy

HP corporate code is $!!!
Old Mar 19, 2016, 6:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold...
Originally Posted by brosenberg25
Does B270898 include LDW?
Peregrine does not include LDW. It's an add on.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 3:38 am

Programs: MileagePlus Gold, Avis PP, National EE, Lifemiles Silver, ConnectMiles Gold
Originally Posted by VIT-B
HP corporate code is $!!!
Code easily found on this thread a ton of pages back, or via google.

QQ, any ID required at check in? The price didn't drop compared to the one from my company, but interestingly enough more car types became available (Full Size) and the Prius dropped like $400. Maybe some type of green car agreement or something?
Old Mar 23, 2016, 5:56 am

Programs: UA 1k MM;*A Lifetime Gold; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; HiltonHonors Gold. Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by surfshadow
I have a reservation at SNA this weekend with that code. I don't think SNA is a Select and Go location, so I have to go to counter even though I am PP. Will report back if I get rejected or not as that is the best rate I could find so far.
How did it go Surfshadow? Did you have any issues using the code?
Old Mar 23, 2016, 12:39 pm

Programs: National EE, Avis CC
Originally Posted by Brituchenite
How did it go Surfshadow? Did you have any issues using the code?
Ended up getting a slightly lower rate last minute using priceline awd.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 1:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by joediver
I've been using the L093590 AWD in Europe as it gets the best rates. Lately I've noticed that when the reservation is complete it changes to K444414.

I know that L093590 is supposed to be Kellwood but I can't find anything on the net giving me a clue as to where K444414 comes from. Anyone notice this and find out more info?
I just got "hit" with K444414 as well. Used an employee leisure code (US-based company, includes LDW) on a rental in Europe, gave a great rate, and upon confirmation it switched to K444414.

Funny thing is... K444414 dropped the price another 10 Euro, so I guess that's good? I really want to know if LDW is still included.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.