Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2016, 2:38 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by qwerty33
This code is the best for North America C062090 with Avis . ^.Lowest rates across the board . It was given to me by my husband's friend who works for the company .Take advantage
Welcome to FT, and thanks for the informative first post! And what company would that be so when people are asked at the rental counter they know who to say they work for?
Old Jul 6, 2016, 7:08 pm

Unbelievable find ... but leery to use ...

Came across this AWD code: C302100. Tried a Google search to determine where it originated. No luck. But holy crap: tested this out online using an airport location in Canada ... rates for economy cars came up below $150 (CAD) and LDW rates were $10/day. Anyone know the origins of this code or had any good/bad luck using this?
Old Jul 7, 2016, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by qwerty33
This code is the best for North America C062090 with Avis . ^.Lowest rates across the board . It was given to me by my husband's friend who works for the company .Take advantage

Originally Posted by nathaniel511
Came across this AWD code: C302100. Tried a Google search to determine where it originated. No luck. But holy crap: tested this out online using an airport location in Canada ... rates for economy cars came up below $150 (CAD) and LDW rates were $10/day. Anyone know the origins of this code or had any good/bad luck using this?

Both of these codes are poor choices during weekends and at locations that have fairly low advertised rates. When I used both of these codes, they actually increased the price of the advertised rate.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by seethruya
Both of these codes are poor choices during weekends and at locations that have fairly low advertised rates. When I used both of these codes, they actually increased the price of the advertised rate.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 9:13 pm

Thought there might be a hitch. Tried C302100 code as a weekly rate, matched with a usable PC entry (say, MUCA130); came up as a fantastic rate. But that was just for my particular case. More curious about the AWD code ownership, if any.

Last edited by nathaniel511; Jul 7, 2016 at 9:35 pm
Old Jul 10, 2016, 7:50 am

Programs: Former AA PLT/GLD, A3 *G, Priority Pass
I'm Italian, can i use Avis Switzerland in Italian and rent a car to the US from there? I think i noticed that for the same US price, unlike avis.com it includes the LDW and ALI.

And if so, where i can further add the coupon code on the swiss site? (think i missed this one)
Old Jul 10, 2016, 9:02 am

To the US from Italy? Good luck
Old Jul 10, 2016, 9:34 am

Programs: Former AA PLT/GLD, A3 *G, Priority Pass
Originally Posted by belfordrocks
To the US from Italy? Good luck
lol

What i mean is can i pay a CHF480 reservation with a US debit/credit card (example citibank) in the Avis Switzerland site, that it would be around $488 for a 14 day car rental with LDW and ALI included. I'm a EU national (Italy), wish to use this site to book a rental for Miami International Airport Pick Up/Drop off.

The best rates i've gathered so far are:

14 Days $411 (Compact with taxes and all, except LDW and ALI)
14 Days CHF480 (Small with taxes and all, including LDW and ALI)

Last edited by mvtm; Jul 10, 2016 at 9:43 am
Old Jul 10, 2016, 10:20 pm

Looking at using the USAA code A177232 but it is showing that it's not unlimited mileage.. Did this change? .30 per mile adds up pretty quick.
Looking at doing a one way about 800 miles.
Thanks!
Old Jul 11, 2016, 12:50 am

Originally Posted by Steven Lilly
Looking at using the USAA code A177232 but it is showing that it's not unlimited mileage.. Did this change? .30 per mile adds up pretty quick.
Looking at doing a one way about 800 miles.
Thanks!

Are you renting from an airport?
Old Jul 11, 2016, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by seethruya
Are you renting from an airport?

Nope.. I had tried a couple local places and I won't be dropping off at an airport either.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 1:58 pm

Thought there might be a hitch. Tried C302100 code as a weekly rate, matched with a usable PC entry (say, MUCA130); came up as a fantastic rate. But that was just for my particular case. More curious about the AWD code ownership, if any.
This comes up with a terrific rate for me as well. Google search reveals it might be a code that originated in Canada, but it pops up on sites like RetailMeNot and a couple of other coupon sites.

Does anyone have any insight to its origination? I have a week-long rental I'm considering using this for tomorrow, and it's the best rate I can find.

Originally Posted by Steven Lilly
Nope.. I had tried a couple local places and I won't be dropping off at an airport either.
In my experience, no AWD codes allow for inexpensive one-ways. Drop fees and mileage suddenly apply. Two years ago when I needed a one-way from Southern California to Seattle, I walked into a city rental office (not an airport), just explained what I wanted (no drop-fee, unlimited mileage), she just looked up the Costco rate on her own and the rate was incredibly good.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 8:35 pm

RunsWithScissors, let me know if you have any success or issues in your booking.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 9:27 pm

RunsWithScissors, let me know if you have any success or issues in your booking.
Booking it is not a problem, it's knowing whether or not I'll get busted at the counter. That's what I'm trying to learn.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 6:32 am

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
Originally Posted by mvtm
What i mean is can i pay a CHF480 reservation with a US debit/credit card (example citibank) in the Avis Switzerland site, that it would be around $488 for a 14 day car rental with LDW and ALI included. I'm a EU national (Italy), wish to use this site to book a rental for Miami International Airport Pick Up/Drop off.
Yes, that is possible. You can do this on various European sites without any issues. check different country sites like avisautonoleggio.it, avis.nl, avis.fr and avis.ch, prices differ sometimes markedly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.