FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only
Old Jul 11, 2016, 1:58 pm
RunsWithScissors

Originally Posted by nathaniel511
Thought there might be a hitch. Tried C302100 code as a weekly rate, matched with a usable PC entry (say, MUCA130); came up as a fantastic rate. But that was just for my particular case. More curious about the AWD code ownership, if any.
This comes up with a terrific rate for me as well. Google search reveals it might be a code that originated in Canada, but it pops up on sites like RetailMeNot and a couple of other coupon sites.

Does anyone have any insight to its origination? I have a week-long rental I'm considering using this for tomorrow, and it's the best rate I can find.

Originally Posted by Steven Lilly
Nope.. I had tried a couple local places and I won't be dropping off at an airport either.
In my experience, no AWD codes allow for inexpensive one-ways. Drop fees and mileage suddenly apply. Two years ago when I needed a one-way from Southern California to Seattle, I walked into a city rental office (not an airport), just explained what I wanted (no drop-fee, unlimited mileage), she just looked up the Costco rate on her own and the rate was incredibly good.