Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2020, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ng1265
For BSL as mentioned upthread - Mulhouse airport or Basel Euroairport - French side (Avis code MLH)
For GVA use Geneva airport - French side or Geneve airport (Avis code GGV)

No risk using the frequent flyer Elite code if you're not a member: Avis will generally monitor company codes and ask for proof of employment for those, but are not generally bothered if you use the frequent flyer codes.
You mean the HON code is safe to use? I thought I read about that is being heavily monitored.

Ended up using the Visa Signature code. Also extend the rental day from 5 to 6, it actually is about 10% cheaper because there is a rate for Min 5 / Max 13, cheaper than using daily rate even up to 5 full days.
I will check how much cheaper with the BA Gold or LH Senator / Flying Blue Plat.

UPDATE
BA all codes are the same, and more expensive than Visa Signature. Flying Blue Plat is the same as Visa Signature. LH Senator is $24 cheaper on the rate, with tax and fee being identical (how could that be? Isn't the tax is % based on the rate?)
Net saving is $24 - not worth it when Visa Signature code is a published discount by Avis and the card in Preferred profile is a Visa Signature.
For what is worth, Alaska Airlines' code and American Airlines code, give the same discount as Visa Signature.

Too bad Zurich does not have substitute like Geneva does, to beat the high rates in Switzerland.

Last edited by Happy; Feb 17, 2020 at 2:05 pm
Old Feb 17, 2020, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There is one thing I dont understand -

The market exchange rate between CHF and USD is approx 1 to 1.02. Yet Avis quote in USD is lower than in CHF. i.e. USD is $124.72 while CHF is 126.23 - Shouldn't the rate quoted in USD higher than in CHF? Or being equal?
Old Feb 17, 2020, 2:22 pm

Programs: AAdvantage 2MM+ Lifetime PLT; BA, CO, UA, US; SPG; HHonors Gold
For BSL as mentioned upthread - Mulhouse airport or Basel Euroairport - French side (Avis code MLH)
For GVA use Geneva airport - French side or Geneve airport (Avis code GGV)

No risk using the frequent flyer Elite code if you're not a member: Avis will generally monitor company codes and ask for proof of employment for those, but are not generally bothered if you use the frequent flyer codes.
Thank you.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 6:04 am

Programs: too many
Originally Posted by Happy
You mean the HON code is safe to use? I thought I read about that is being heavily monitored.

Too bad Zurich does not have substitute like Geneva does, to beat the high rates in Switzerland.
Well, Basel is just an hour's drive from Zurich :-) Adds a couple of hours to the initial journey but could be worth considering?
Old Feb 18, 2020, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, Basel is just an hour's drive from Zurich :-) Adds a couple of hours to the initial journey but could be worth considering?
Add the train fares and the time wasted, ah, not worth the trouble.

The rental rate is not outrageous just slightly on the high side, it is the surcharge at over $156 that makes ZRH very expensive. I notice the surcharge is the same for all codes tried, while tax is low at $20 so small difference on the rate indeed not making any noticeable difference.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 1:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I am having trouble to book with the AWD K817700 to earn Hyatt points. It shows "Membership Numberentered is invalid. Some Avis partner programs require the entire account number to be entered, including all preceding zeros (0)" even though I have triple checked my WOH membership number. Any ideas? Thanks!
Old Feb 22, 2020, 9:03 am

Programs: Lifetime Platinum
Coupons.

Apologies up front if I'm asking for incorrect information.
I shall be travelling around the US for best part of a couple if months, using Avis where possible..only to take advantage of my Avis Preferred Plus.
Can I check back here regularly for any coupon codes, upgrades, free weekends etc.etc. ?
Thanks.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 6:22 pm

I've been doing a few bookings this year and noticed I get some good deals when booking via Expedia.ca

I travel quite often into Amsterdam for work and this is an example booking I did today.

May 15 to May 26
LuxuryMercedes-Benz E Class (GPS) or similar

Total cost 506 CAD which equates to 382 USD or $35 a day.

Thats with all taxes and fee's have pre-booked my next 4 trips with similar rates. After booking I did an online chat with Avis and they added all the trips to my account at the prices booked on Expedia.ca

Checking after directly on Avis the above booking was coming at 1263 cad

any Avis codes I tried came at higher rates.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 4:52 am

Anyone had issues with B270898 or C062090 lately? Both price out with great discounts, but searching this thread shows mixed and old results. Thanks!
Old Mar 1, 2020, 10:24 am

A555100

Is A555100 safe to use?
Old Jun 9, 2020, 8:59 am

Planning to try out A555100 to use too, was it safe?
Old Jun 21, 2020, 7:15 am

Programs: BA
Following this about A555100, it's giving me a great discount. Any experience with using? I can't actually see it referenced above - who/what is it the code for? Experience/thoughts very welcome and appreciated.
Old Jun 27, 2020, 9:23 am

Programs: IHG, CC, HH, AF, AA, UA
Italia Finnmeccanica SPA perhaps?

To sum up the data points for E027237
Italy: Need ID (2019)
UK: GLA - need ID (2019)
France - No ID (2018)
Any recent data point for Italy ?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by yann; Jun 27, 2020 at 9:38 am
Old Jun 28, 2020, 11:31 am

Programs: too many
Last I tried renting in Italy, I used the BA discount code (N744400) gave me a great rate (25€ per day for an Alfa Romeo Stelvio)
That was in March 2020, 2 days before the lockdown got announced in Italy
Auto Enthusiast likes this.

Last edited by ng1265; Jun 28, 2020 at 11:57 am
Old Jun 28, 2020, 1:03 pm

Programs: IHG, CC, HH, AF, AA, UA
Thanks for your reply. Not so good this time however.
There's actually a 50% difference between the two rates (hence my question).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.