Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2021, 6:22 pm

I havent used it (too shady for me, no shade) but i think you're bound to be asked for ID so long as you encounter someone at a counter. otherwise, its probably pretty usable at the airport.
Old May 5, 2021, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by Mighty_Bluff
Just used the UTC/Raytheon code in Maui. No issues... As preferred, walked straight to the car and drove off. I opened the app, it told me where the car was, got in and left. Checked my License at the main exit gate but that was it.
If you're a preferred member (I'm Preferred Plus) can you always skip the counter? I read somewhere that you have to go to the counter if it's your first time renting.
Old May 5, 2021, 11:28 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by NBNY424
I havent used it (too shady for me, no shade) but i think you're bound to be asked for ID so long as you encounter someone at a counter. otherwise, its probably pretty usable at the airport.
Super duper shady if you consider someone spends $10 at Staples to make business cards, every time they use a corporate discount code, be it car rental or hotels... someone...
Old May 9, 2021, 3:27 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum Pro, UA Premier Platinum, IHG Platinum Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by Mighty_Bluff
Just used the UTC/Raytheon code in Maui. No issues... As preferred, walked straight to the car and drove off. I opened the app, it told me where the car was, got in and left. Checked my License at the main exit gate but that was it.
Lol I find it funny reading this thread, since I actually worked at UTC, but I don't anymore & still use the corporate leisure code.

I'm preferred and have rented 15 times in just the past year, and even when I worked at UTC a few years back I was never once asked if I worked for UTC or to show any UTC identification. That being said I almost exclusively rent from airport locations.

Some locations like SLC require you to go to the Preferred counter, but I still don't get asked there.

Just be careful.....it looks like they have cracked down a bit on the use of these codes.
Old May 10, 2021, 8:56 am

Programs: Hyatt: Diamond. Marriott: Platinum. AA: EXP 1MM. Delta: Silver. Etihad: Silver. Emirates Silver
Boeing Company: S320500
Old May 12, 2021, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Drew523
Anyone use AWD: D008490 and get the following email? Just got this email today.

I know DEN is a "Avis Preferred Select & Go" location so hopefully I can go straight to the car and avoid the desk. I still have a active Costco booking with Budget that I haven't cancelled that is around the same price. Avis is technically less because of "Amex Offer" of saving $75 on $250+ spent.

We are writing regarding the vehicle you reserved for pick up on XXXXXXXX, 2021 at Denver Intl Apo. As you may know, this reservation was made using a corporate AWD discount code that is not available to the general public and requires validation of eligibility at the time of vehicle pick up.

Accordingly, please be prepared to produce your company badge, a business card, or a recent email with the company's domain name for corporate identification purposes at the time of vehicle pick up. If you’re unable to provide this validation of eligibility for the corporate AWD discount code, your reservation may be voided and/or the rental rate is subject to change.

Our goal is to ensure that you have a seamless rental experience so we thank you in advance for your cooperation.

If you need to update your reservation, please contact our reservation center at 1-888-439-0630. Our customer support agents will be happy to assist you with finding the best rate available for your travel needs.

Thank you,
Avis Customer Support Team
I got a slightly different e-mail, but maybe that is because I'm setting up a new Concur account with my company?

Originally Posted by e-mail used for my current reservation
Dear pseudoswede,

The following changes have also been made to your profile and may impact the rate of pending reservation(s). Please call 1-866-607-1393 to update these changes accordingly.

AWD Number

Your security and privacy are important to us. If you did not make any recent profile changes, please call 1-866-607-1393. Thank you for choosing Avis. We look forward to giving you the most enjoyable rental possible.
Originally Posted by e-mail to my work address
Dear pseudoswede,

Thank you for enrolling in My Travel Network and connecting your reward programs to your Concur profile. Here's an update on your connection status:

Partner: Avis

Connection Status: Successful

Loyalty #: <redacted>
With your reward accounts connected to your Concur profile, you will receive your company's negotiated rates and deal with less paperwork because travel partners will send itemized e-receipts to Concur, starting your expense report for you. Also, your travel reservations will be available in Concur and TripIt where you can access them anytime, anywhere.

<cut>
Also, AWD D008490 is no longer available in my profile.
Old May 17, 2021, 8:04 am

Awd 555100

Does anyone know what this code is for?
Old May 17, 2021, 7:21 pm

Look like the RTX Code is ruined. No longer being able to book weekend.
Old May 17, 2021, 7:35 pm

deleted.

Last edited by himurakent; May 17, 2021 at 7:59 pm
Old May 18, 2021, 11:38 am

Programs: Miles and frowns, IHG aluminum
I think Simon is dead. I tried it a few days ago but was waiting to confirm my trip dates. Now it doesn't give any discount.
Old May 18, 2021, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by Daichovo
I think Simon is dead. I tried it a few days ago but was waiting to confirm my trip dates. Now it doesn't give any discount.
What is the Simon code?
Old May 19, 2021, 1:24 pm

I made a reservation using a corp AWD code and did the prepay option. I later noticed cancellation was not free. If they ask for verification which I will not be able to provide, will they refund me since I am not eligible for corp rate? I have a backup reservation at Hertz
sangweb and Auto Enthusiast like this.
Old May 21, 2021, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by enfuego
I received the same email using a different AWD for a non-airport rental next week. Very curious to see what the experience at check-in is like.
How did it go? Were you asked for I.D.?
Old May 23, 2021, 8:41 am

What is the qualification for the Amazon leisure rate?
Old May 23, 2021, 9:17 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by 49er
What is the qualification for the Amazon leisure rate?
That you are an Amazon employee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.