Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2021, 7:45 am

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
Originally Posted by fun8d
I am having trouble to book with the AWD K817700 to earn Hyatt points. It shows "Membership Numberentered is invalid. Some Avis partner programs require the entire account number to be entered, including all preceding zeros (0)" even though I have triple checked my WOH membership number. Any ideas? Thanks!
I know this is kind of old, but I didn't see a follow-up in this thread - I'm having the same issue; anyone come up with a solution? My Hyatt membership number is 9 digits followed by H, which has always been the standard AFAIK. Issue persists regardless of AWD code entered.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 7:51 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by strickerj
I know this is kind of old, but I didn't see a follow-up in this thread - I'm having the same issue; anyone come up with a solution? My Hyatt membership number is 9 digits followed by H, which has always been the standard AFAIK. Issue persists regardless of AWD code entered.
I think something else is going on there. I can use AWD K817700 without getting promoted for a membership number. Try a different web browser and/or an incognito window. Try also without logging into your Avis Preferred account. I think it has something to do with your environment. There is no issue with this AWD. You typically will only see that message when using the Costco or USAA AWD or similar.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
I think something else is going on there. I can use AWD K817700 without getting promoted for a membership number. Try a different web browser and/or an incognito window. Try also without logging into your Avis Preferred account. I think it has something to do with your environment. There is no issue with this AWD. You typically will only see that message when using the Costco or USAA AWD or similar.
Thanks for the reply - to clarify, I (along with the poster I quoted) have our earning preference set to Hyatt points rather than Avis - it seems there's an issue with our Hyatt membership number saved on our profiles, but we've checked they're correct. I could always revert back to Avis points but I prefer Hyatt since I don't usually rent from Avis.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 8:35 am

Thanks for the reply - to clarify, I (along with the poster I quoted) have our earning preference set to Hyatt points rather than Avis - it seems there's an issue with our Hyatt membership number saved on our profiles, but we've checked they're correct. I could always revert back to Avis points but I prefer Hyatt since I don't usually rent from Avis.
Understood, but what we were saying is that the problem has absolutely nothing to do with the AWD. It’s something with your profile. If you try to use the same AWD without being logged in it should work.
strickerj likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 8:55 am

Understood, but what we were saying is that the problem has absolutely nothing to do with the AWD. It’s something with your profile. If you try to use the same AWD without being logged in it should work.
Yeah, I figured that was the case, but just thought I'd mention the AWD since the post I quoted did. Oh well, it's still a good deal even if I go with the Avis points instead of Hyatt. (It's half the price of National and 1/4 that of Hertz since my Hertz rate doubled after I booked - that's another issue I've detailed in a separate thread, and it looks like I'm not the only one with it.)
Thanks!
Old Jun 15, 2021, 9:49 am

Yeah, I figured that was the case, but just thought I'd mention the AWD since the post I quoted did. Oh well, it's still a good deal even if I go with the Avis points instead of Hyatt. (It's half the price of National and 1/4 that of Hertz since my Hertz rate doubled after I booked - that's another issue I've detailed in a separate thread, and it looks like I'm not the only one with it.)
Thanks!
The Hertz issue was due to some glitches on their website displaying the current price. We're not aware of anyone who got charged more than their originally booked rate at the rental counter.

You might want to track your current reservation with AutoSlash using the link below. There's a decent chance we'll find you a better deal.
Auto Enthusiast and strickerj like this.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 10:53 am

The Hertz issue was due to some glitches on their website displaying the current price. We're not aware of anyone who got charged more than their originally booked rate at the rental counter.

You might want to track your current reservation with AutoSlash using the link below. There's a decent chance we'll find you a better deal.
Thanks, I'll do that. Avis is even cheaper now than my original Hertz quote, so I mightas well keep both.
AutoSlash and Auto Enthusiast like this.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 2:54 pm

I booked AVIS rental with code AWD#D008490 and it says:

"This reservation was made using a corporate AWD (Avis Worldwide Discount Code) that requires validation of eligibility. Please be prepared to produce your company ID, business card, or a recent email with the company’s email domain (e.g. @xyzcompany.com) for employment verification purposes when picking up your vehicle."

Any advice for this guys?

If theyre strict with it I could try photoshopping or make a fake letter with a corporate partner of theirs. Anybody know anything?
Old Jun 15, 2021, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by Mark_98
I booked AVIS rental with code AWD#D008490 and it says:

"This reservation was made using a corporate AWD (Avis Worldwide Discount Code) that requires validation of eligibility. Please be prepared to produce your company ID, business card, or a recent email with the company’s email domain (e.g. @xyzcompany.com) for employment verification purposes when picking up your vehicle."

Any advice for this guys?

If theyre strict with it I could try photoshopping or make a fake letter with a corporate partner of theirs. Anybody know anything?
It looks like this AWD code got out but is only intended for Amazon employees renting under their corporate contract. It isn't the deal where you get an Amazon gift card reward in lieu of points - that requires linking your Amazon account in your profile (where you save favorite AWDs).

If you do use this AWD and don't qualify, note that whatever insurance coverage comes with it won't apply, and your credit card coverage may be denied as well. The rental agency may also require proof of eligibility (e.g. an Amazon employee badge), and reprice your rental at rack rate if you can't produce one. Per the discussion on Doctor of Credit, this seems more likely at off-airport locations, but it's still a risk either way.
AutoSlash and Auto Enthusiast like this.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 8:31 pm

It looks like this AWD code got out but is only intended for Amazon employees renting under their corporate contract. It isn't the deal where you get an Amazon gift card reward in lieu of points - that requires linking your Amazon account in your profile (where you save favorite AWDs).

If you do use this AWD and don't qualify, note that whatever insurance coverage comes with it won't apply, and your credit card coverage may be denied as well. The rental agency may also require proof of eligibility (e.g. an Amazon employee badge), and reprice your rental at rack rate if you can't produce one. Per the discussion on Doctor of Credit, this seems more likely at off-airport locations, but it's still a risk either way.
Do international airports outside of the USA have Avis Preferred where you bypass the counter (Italy, Spain, etc)? Is there any way to cancel the insurance coverage that comes with the rate and use the credit card insurance instead?
strickerj likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 9:12 pm

Does anyone know if the counter at Linate or Malpensa airports in Milan have Avis Preferred where you bypass the counter?
Old Jun 16, 2021, 10:04 am

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by googs185
Does anyone know if the counter at Linate or Malpensa airports in Milan have Avis Preferred where you bypass the counter?
As of February 2020 MXP did not. I have had to wait as much as 90 minutes in the past.

AW
Old Jun 16, 2021, 5:08 pm

ugh

I was also unaware when I booked a week-long rental with Avis with the 60% off discount code. Current reservations are going for 800 plus yikes. I have a backup reservation with Payless of all places... super leery of using them and Id prefer not to if I dont have to. Does anyone have experience with Avis preferred at Reno-Tahoe Airport? Im not sure if I could walk straight to the rental or not-- their website even mentions 'Preferred can show their license at the counter and pick up their copy of the rental agreement' which, if true, might result in asking for proof of ID for that discount code.

Hoping someone out there knows the process at RNO.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 6:09 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by carriesn
I was also unaware when I booked a week-long rental with Avis with the 60% off discount code. Current reservations are going for 800 plus yikes. I have a backup reservation with Payless of all places... super leery of using them and Id prefer not to if I dont have to. Does anyone have experience with Avis preferred at Reno-Tahoe Airport? Im not sure if I could walk straight to the rental or not-- their website even mentions 'Preferred can show their license at the counter and pick up their copy of the rental agreement' which, if true, might result in asking for proof of ID for that discount code.

Hoping someone out there knows the process at RNO.
At RNO, everyone must go to the desk to get their keys. There's not an agent/guard at the exit of the lot, so they keep the keys locked and only get them when you show your license at the counter.
Auto Enthusiast and carriesn like this.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 6:32 am

C062090

In the US. Been using this code for months with no issue (at airport locations) and my most recent "reminder" email came with the "corporate ID" warning.

I'll be flying into Panama City Beach, FL

Anyone have very recent success with this code and no ID? I just used in May with no issue (or email warning).

Any idea what US company it is used for?

Last edited by Domoscris2018; Jun 21, 2021 at 10:10 pm Reason: Listed wrong airport. Thought it was Destin, checked with my husband and it's ECB

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.