Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2015, 2:53 am

Programs: HH D,CC,SPG,AZ: Gold;BA Silver, TK Elite
Has anyone had any luck with the AWD E027237 ?

I've never tried to book before but id gives a massive discount for a week-long rental in Italy

I've tried looking at the Internet but cannot find any information about it, and same here on Flyertalk

Thanks!
Old Mar 6, 2015, 3:43 am

Originally Posted by papyPiHi

I've never tried to book before but id gives a massive discount for a week-long rental in Italy

I've tried looking at the Internet but cannot find any information about it, and same here on Flyertalk

Thanks!
Ok, I've made a booking, the "Pay now" option is not possible, only "Pay at station".
I've got a backup plan at Hertz in case things go wrong
Old Mar 15, 2015, 3:14 pm

Guys

I have tried a few, well a lot of the codes on this thread and the best discount i just found (almost $70 cheaper for a two day rental at FLL ) is AWD # Z549275 company name is Villa

Let me know if you guys find the same to be true for you too ... I think its a great code took my two day rental from $190 down to $124 for a prem car at FLL
Old Mar 15, 2015, 4:56 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, EY, IHG
Frontier EarlyReturns 1,000 bonus miles + up to 35% off
- Stack AWD number K850100 and coupon code MUAA039
Old Mar 15, 2015, 5:20 pm

Virgin America Elevate triple points plus up to 35% off rental:
Enter MUAA034 in the "Coupon Code" field and G600004 in the "AWD Number" field.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 10:19 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA EXP - 1MM, BAEC BRZ, BVY GLD, Hilton DIA, Hyatt GLB
Ok, I've made a booking, the "Pay now" option is not possible, only "Pay at station".
I've got a backup plan at Hertz in case things go wrong
Im looking at this code too for Italy.

But its allowing me to prepay on the "4" screen!

IF I prepay, is this guaranteed booking? Can they renege upon arrival? Should I not prepay?

Thanks
Old Mar 17, 2015, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by KL808
Im looking at this code too for Italy.

But its allowing me to prepay on the "4" screen!

IF I prepay, is this guaranteed booking? Can they renege upon arrival? Should I not prepay?

Thanks
If that's a corporate code that requires employee ID, they can refuse to rent to you, of course. If they refuse, they obviously have to refund the money you prepaid.

Here are the down sides I can see: you don't have an employee ID and you don't even know the name of the company or where the code is from (I haven't figured that out yet - I'll keep looking in my spare time). In addition, the fact that the discount is so large will likely call attention to your rental.

However, the very worst that can happen is that they refuse you the rental, refund your pre-payment, and try to charge you the walk-up rate. If they accuse you of wrongdoing, simply claim ignorance - say you didn't realize this was a code that only certain people are supposed to use.

In this case, having a back-up reservation with another agency is essential (obviously don't prepay for the backup). Then, if the worst happens, simply thank the Avis agent for his or her time, and make your way to Hertz or wherever you made the backup reservation.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 5:06 am

Originally Posted by flightexpert
If that's a corporate code that requires employee ID, they can refuse to rent to you, of course. If they refuse, they obviously have to refund the money you prepaid.

Here are the down sides I can see: you don't have an employee ID and you don't even know the name of the company or where the code is from (I haven't figured that out yet - I'll keep looking in my spare time). In addition, the fact that the discount is so large will likely call attention to your rental.

However, the very worst that can happen is that they refuse you the rental, refund your pre-payment, and try to charge you the walk-up rate. If they accuse you of wrongdoing, simply claim ignorance - say you didn't realize this was a code that only certain people are supposed to use.

In this case, having a back-up reservation with another agency is essential (obviously don't prepay for the backup). Then, if the worst happens, simply thank the Avis agent for his or her time, and make your way to Hertz or wherever you made the backup reservation.
I think this code is weird.
On Amadeus RES, doing a dummy booking with this AWD on different point of sales for the SAME airport (Rome FCO) bring something different each time:
->From the UK POS, this AWD brings a "Travel agency" name
->From Italy, it's FINNMECCANICA
->From Germany, it's EASY EUROPE

so I think this is definitely a weird code and one can try to check.
I have done a backup booking with Hertz so we'll see.
I'm also Preferred and Amex Plat, so they might not be enclined to challenge it
Old Mar 20, 2015, 10:50 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Has anyone had any success with discount codes in Denmark - Copenhagen in particular?
Old Mar 22, 2015, 8:59 am

I think this code is weird.
On Amadeus RES, doing a dummy booking with this AWD on different point of sales for the SAME airport (Rome FCO) bring something different each time:
->From the UK POS, this AWD brings a "Travel agency" name
->From Italy, it's FINNMECCANICA
->From Germany, it's EASY EUROPE

so I think this is definitely a weird code and one can try to check.
I have done a backup booking with Hertz so we'll see.
I'm also Preferred and Amex Plat, so they might not be enclined to challenge it
It's worth a try. Let us know how it works out for you.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 3:01 pm

Thanks!
I'm also REALLY interested in how you get on with this code. When are you renting?

If one was to make an alternative reservation as suggested above, but this code was to work ok, could you just ignore the other res, or what?
Old Mar 25, 2015, 11:42 am

Anyone have luck in Norway?

I'm looking to get a passenger van in Bergen (BGO), Norway for this summer. I can't seem to find any codes that help bring the cost down. Right now this is pricing out at $1084 for 6 days. I'm open to either returning the van to Bergen (BGO) or to Oslo (OSL).

Appreciate any help on this - thanks!
Old Mar 26, 2015, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by LanceInWI
Anyone have luck in Norway?

I'm looking to get a passenger van in Bergen (BGO), Norway for this summer. I can't seem to find any codes that help bring the cost down. Right now this is pricing out at $1084 for 6 days. I'm open to either returning the van to Bergen (BGO) or to Oslo (OSL).

Appreciate any help on this - thanks!
N744400 is usually very good
Old Mar 26, 2015, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by masterwicked
I'm also REALLY interested in how you get on with this code. When are you renting?

If one was to make an alternative reservation as suggested above, but this code was to work ok, could you just ignore the other res, or what?
renting next Tuesday, will let people know

the idea behind backup rentals is the following:
Most rental companies allow you, when doing a flex booking, to cancel up to the date and time of departure for no fee.
In which case you just book a rental at the backup company half an hour after your scheduled rental for the initial one, if the initial works you can just cancel the backup online at no extra cost (depends on our rental's T&C)
Old Mar 26, 2015, 11:28 am

Programs: UA 1MM Premier 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium/ LT
From Avis - code for free Hawaii day -begin by 6/15/15

From an email from Avis:
Avis Hawaii Day
AWD Number: A158500
The savings of up to 35% applies to Avis leisure rates and is applicable only to the time and mileage charges of the rental. Offer does not apply to car group X. Taxes, concession recovery fees, vehicle license recovery fee and customer facility charges may apply and are extra. Optional products such as LDW ($29.99/day or less) and refueling are extra. Please mention AWD A158500 to take advantage of this offer. Offer is available for U.S. and Canadian residents only for rentals at participating locations in Hawaii only. Offer may not be used in conjunction with any other AWD number, promotion or offer. Discount valid on rentals checked out no later than 06/15/15. Offer is subject to vehicle availability at the time of rental and may not be available on some rates at some times, including some online rates at Avis.com. Car rental return restrictions may apply. Offer subject to change without notice. Holiday and other blackout periods may apply. Renter must meet Avis age, driver and credit requirements. Minimum age may vary by location. An additional daily surcharge may apply for renters under 25 years old. Rental must begin by 6/15/15.

{Note: given the no-stacking limitation, this may not be worthwhile if you have an AWD that gets you a discount of 15-20% off standard weekly rate.}

Last edited by lskohn; Mar 26, 2015 at 11:30 am Reason: added editorial comment

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.