Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2014, 12:29 pm

Any ideas on how to break up my 7 to 10 day rental ?

Whenever I break it up, the rental rate goes up $4 a day but when I return it to the same location, there is no issue.

Trying to take advantage of the $35 coupon.

Rental from Florida to Texas and back

Thank you

Last edited by zacknistelrooy; Dec 20, 2014 at 1:02 pm
Old Dec 22, 2014, 12:42 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Does anyone know any Coupon codes that can be used for Germany and Austria? (FRA/VIE) in particular.

AWD Costco turns out to be best so far.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 6:09 am

Programs: UA Gold, DL Silver, Hertz PC, Avis Pref+, Accor Silver
Avis codes - for European renters !

I don't have a US credit card or any other means of alternative car insurance, so I need CDW when I rent in North America - this means, in general, using European OTAs or directly via avis.uk etc.

The code I have found useful for this is H811101, about 15% off for US/Canada. It's a general North American Avis offer(from Europe).

After sifting through the various European sites, it seems that avis.fr and www.avisautonoleggio.it have thus far offered the best rates.

I'd be glad to learn of any other codes/sites...

D.

Last edited by dand99; Dec 23, 2014 at 6:56 am
Old Dec 28, 2014, 11:48 am

Programs: United Silver, 0.9MM
For the life of me I can't find a single code that will work at all for Avis at SJO Costa Rica. I'm thinking they just don't accept any codes at all.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 8:15 am

Renting in MCO for Feb 2015

Hey everyone, all your posts are incredible! I spent the past 3 hours trying AWD Codes. I live in Toronto, but am booking a car rental at MCO (orlando) for 8 days (Feb 1st, 2015 - 6pm to Feb 9, 2015 - 9:30am) .. and i've mainly used the costco website to rent.

I'm looking to get a SUV. I find the prices pretty high. I've tried using the AWD codes i've found on here, as well i've used the Air Canada Aeroplan code which is:
C682300

Is there an AWD and Coupon code you use which you think is always the best. I've just been relying on the costco travel site to find the best.

Thanks! Happy 2015!
Old Dec 31, 2014, 9:14 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by Rob Anthony
Hey everyone, all your posts are incredible! I spent the past 3 hours trying AWD Codes. I live in Toronto, but am booking a car rental at MCO (orlando) for 8 days (Feb 1st, 2015 - 6pm to Feb 9, 2015 - 9:30am) .. and i've mainly used the costco website to rent.

I'm looking to get a SUV. I find the prices pretty high. I've tried using the AWD codes i've found on here, as well i've used the Air Canada Aeroplan code which is:
C682300

Is there an AWD and Coupon code you use which you think is always the best. I've just been relying on the costco travel site to find the best.

Thanks! Happy 2015!
There's never an "always best" code. Sometimes it's a corporate code, sometimes it's the pricline/AAA/Costco/Starwood/others listed on here. You're best to try a couple and see how they come out. And then look for a coupon that you can use. You should be able to find at least $30 off a week rental, but with some work/luck, you might find $40-50 off.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 9:28 am
R7U

Programs: TK Elite; HH Diamond; AA Plat; CC Gold
Thanks! This Avis page www.avisautonoleggio.it gives very good prices for rentals in the US especially with this H811101.

Originally Posted by dand99
I don't have a US credit card or any other means of alternative car insurance, so I need CDW when I rent in North America - this means, in general, using European OTAs or directly via avis.uk etc.

The code I have found useful for this is H811101, about 15% off for US/Canada. It's a general North American Avis offer(from Europe).

After sifting through the various European sites, it seems that avis.fr and www.avisautonoleggio.it have thus far offered the best rates.

I'd be glad to learn of any other codes/sites...

D.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 8:35 am

Programs: 8x Hilton Diamond Member, Southwest A Member & Companion pass Holder
anything here for 2015?
Old Jan 3, 2015, 4:54 pm

Programs: Marriott BONVOY PLAT Lifetime PLATINUM, 16 years elite; AA 2MM LTPlat, UA, US, DL
Originally Posted by jimmywalt
How do you do a back-up reservation with a different agency without having to pay up front? Could I instead do a different reservation with Avis with a different discount code.

I currently am using the Citicorp Leisure (A074800) and a $35 off weekly rate (MUWA028) which gives a GREAT price for a rental in mid January.

I also have checked another code (X400270) not sure what it's tied to but the base price is $329, I can also use the (G417900) Kellwood Corp code that people say is ok. It gives a base price of $322.

But the Citicorp give a $201 base so I'd like to use it if I can.............. But don't want to get stuck with the "walk up" rate if they deny. So can I do another reservation with one of these other 2 codes that give an "ok" rate?

Thank you.
Thanks for the coupon code! I have used the Citicorp many times successfully but never had a coupon code. Needed it today.

Last edited by LISAA; Jan 3, 2015 at 4:55 pm Reason: included quote
Old Jan 7, 2015, 11:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Glob, MR Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Amb
Hello and thanks for all the great info here. I need to book a car in KOA from 1/15 to 1/19. The best base rate I can find is from AWD A074800 (Citicorp) which comes out to $134 for an intermediate. Most of the coupons I've tried, however, have not worked due to this being a Hawaii rental. Any idea what AWD/coupon combination may give a cheaper rate or an upgrade?
Old Jan 7, 2015, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by gamer1724
anything here for 2015?
Worldwide sale L628400 up to 20% off

Works well in central Europe, doesn't seem to work in US
Old Jan 8, 2015, 1:15 am

Programs: Priority Club, Eurobonus, Hertz Gold, Dollar Express, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Plat.
I found a good rate for our US trip in May/June with code H811101 BUT does anyone know where this code comes from? Anyone use is with success?

I don't want to be asked for a certain form of company ID etc when I go to pick up the rental!
Old Jan 8, 2015, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by nordictat2
I found a good rate for our US trip in May/June with code H811101 BUT does anyone know where this code comes from? Anyone use is with success?

I don't want to be asked for a certain form of company ID etc when I go to pick up the rental!
googling "H811101 avis" pulled up a European promotion page for Simon Malls. It appears you are good to use this code.
http://www.avis.de/simon-malls-usa
Old Jan 9, 2015, 4:33 am

Programs: Priority Club, Eurobonus, Hertz Gold, Dollar Express, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Plat.
Originally Posted by zhutch
googling "H811101 avis" pulled up a European promotion page for Simon Malls. It appears you are good to use this code.
http://www.avis.de/simon-malls-usa
Thanks
I googled it also and I got all kinds of hits including the link you shared. I think I'm gonna use it because drops my rate from 6,500 to 4,400 Nor. Kroner for a midsize SUV which is a nice savings because for our dates in May/June...the chespest I have found is with Budget at 5,700 kr. and they are not my fav. to deal with.
Weird thing is...the code doesn't seem to work on the UK or US site. Just the Norwegian website.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by nordictat2
Thanks
I googled it also and I got all kinds of hits including the link you shared. I think I'm gonna use it because drops my rate from 6,500 to 4,400 Nor. Kroner for a midsize SUV which is a nice savings because for our dates in May/June...the chespest I have found is with Budget at 5,700 kr. and they are not my fav. to deal with.
Weird thing is...the code doesn't seem to work on the UK or US site. Just the Norwegian website.
what size car, where, and for how long? that equals about $572, which kind of seems like a lot unless you're renting an SUV or something.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.