Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2009, 7:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, NW Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Whose code is A153710?

OK, after searching through the entire thread, I believe it is a reincarnation of A153700 will all of the ensuing dangers. Has anyone successfully used this code in Europe without ID or the letter?

Last edited by computerquest; Mar 24, 2009 at 5:57 pm
Old Mar 25, 2009, 7:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by g_leyser
Is this thread about discount codes or insurance?
exactly
Old Mar 26, 2009, 10:05 am

Any special codes or promotions to get a maximum miles?

This will be a company paid car rental so I'd like to get the best out of it. Are there any miles bonuses associated with Avis car rent 5 days?
thanks
Old Mar 26, 2009, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by Boleslav
Are there any miles bonuses associated with Avis car rent 5 days?
5000 bonus miles from Delta.

The required coupon code is MUAA074 and a if you need it you can also get up to 25% discount with the associated AWD code# K817600. Note, you can use any AWD with this promo.
Old Mar 26, 2009, 11:43 am

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by todd-r
5000 bonus miles from Delta.

The required coupon code is MUAA074 and a if you need it you can also get up to 25% discount with the associated AWD code# K817600. Note, you can use any AWD with this promo.
MUAA074 expired in 08.

I've been using MUAA133 for 5K bonus SkyMiles and AWD D005297 (convention/corp rate requiring no id) for great savings and 5,500 SMs with each rental. Minimum is 4 days for rental. Any AWD will work. Avis promotes using K817600 for a 25% discount but I have never had that AWD beat D005297.

You can find more on MUAA133 and MUAA132 (3 days) here.

# 2500 bonus miles valid on a qualifying rental of three consecutive days at participating Avis airport locations in the U.S. and Canada. Please mention coupon number MUAA132 to receive bonus miles offer.
# 5000 bonus miles valid on a qualifying rental of four consecutive days or more at participating Avis airport locations in the US and Canada. Please mention coupon number MUAA133 to receive bonus miles offer.
# Bonus miles offer valid on all car groups.
# An advance 24-hour reservation is required.
# Offer may not be used with any other coupon, promotion or offer except your AWD discount.
# The savings of up to 25% applies to the time and mileage charges only.
# Taxes, concession recovery fees, vehicle license recovery fee, customer facility charges ($10/contract in CA) and fuel charges are extra.
# Optional items such as LDW ($35.99/day or less except in Louisiana $49.99/day) and other surcharges may apply and are extra.
# Offer may not be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer.
# Offer is subject to vehicle availability at the time of rental and may not be available on some rates at some times, including some online rates at Avis.com.
# Car rental return restrictions may apply.
# Offer subject to change without notice.
# Holiday and other blackout periods may apply.
# Renter must meet Avis age, driver and credit requirements. Minimum rental age may vary by location. An additional daily surcharge may apply for renters under 25 years old.
# Frequent flyer surcharge of up to $0.50 USD per day, may apply.
# Rental must begin by December 31, 2009

Last edited by Evan!; Mar 26, 2009 at 11:44 am Reason: add details
Old Mar 26, 2009, 12:03 pm

thank you guys very much, I checked the sites of AA and UA but Delta deals can not be beaten!
Old Mar 29, 2009, 5:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
I've looked and can't see any but - Are there any mods on this forum to move the non applicable stuff out of this thread
Old Mar 31, 2009, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by FinsUp99
I'd like to use the Farmer's Insurance A972200 code, but I need to make sure there isn't any kind of requirement (ID, membership, etc).
Just a follow-up. Wife cruised through reservation with no ID check and no hassle at all. This code beat the Amateur Sports code by about 25% for an RDU rental.

Cheers!
Old Mar 31, 2009, 11:01 am

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by FinsUp99
Just a follow-up. Wife cruised through reservation with no ID check and no hassle at all. This code beat the Amateur Sports code by about 25% for an RDU rental.

Cheers!
The Farmers Insurance code (A972200) only beat the Amateur Sports code (D005297) by 6% in DEN for next week. Still good but obviously not as good as in RDU.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 8:25 am

Programs: HH Gold, IC Platinum, SPG Gold
Question

Has anyone ever had quoted Avis rates changed upwards as a result of the use of a coupon? I have an Entertainment Book code (TUGA019) on an upcoming Sat-Wed reservation; the coupon is for a free weekend day. The coupon was accepted online, and I meet the Saturday night keep requirement. However, the back of the coupon makes mention of weekend rentals ending on Monday and rentals kept beyond will incur a higher rate. If I recall, there is no mention on the coupon's face as just applying to "weekend rentals"; rather, the coupon is for a free weekend day.

Any thoughts are appreciated.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 9:24 am
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Originally Posted by isles1
Has anyone ever had quoted Avis rates changed upwards as a result of the use of a coupon? I have an Entertainment Book code (TUGA019) on an upcoming Sat-Wed reservation; the coupon is for a free weekend day. The coupon was accepted online, and I meet the Saturday night keep requirement. However, the back of the coupon makes mention of weekend rentals ending on Monday and rentals kept beyond will incur a higher rate. If I recall, there is no mention on the coupon's face as just applying to "weekend rentals"; rather, the coupon is for a free weekend day.

Any thoughts are appreciated.
Yeah, it happens. I've found that some of the codes here (Amateur Sports, Farmers Insurance, etc.) are actually better than using a free day coupon. As always, you just have to check each one individually to find the best fit.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 1:24 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Anyone have some good codes for SIN?

AA seems to work the best so far, but any coupons that would work for extra miles??
Old Apr 1, 2009, 3:31 pm

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy

AA seems to work the best so far, but any coupons that would work for extra miles??
I think I've asked you this before, but why would you need a rental car in Singapore?
Old Apr 1, 2009, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy

Originally Posted by Savage25
I think I've asked you this before, but why would you need a rental car in Singapore?
OP may want to drive to Malaysia? Otherwise I have the same question...
Old Apr 1, 2009, 10:29 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by Savage25
Originally Posted by Happy
OP may want to drive to Malaysia? Otherwise I have the same question...
Well, if you have to deal with (some) grumpy taxi drivers who drive you in the most indirect routes, plus traveling with a family, it makes no sense to use taxis when one can drive and park exactly where one wants to go.

Have you ever seen the line for taxis outside Carrefour?

Nowadays with the economy down might be a different story, but I don't want to waste my time dealing with taxis when traveling with a family...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.