Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2009, 3:58 am

Programs: United, Delta, QF
Here's an update on my experience: I reserved a compact at LAX for 7 days with the D005297 code at $200 (inc. all taxes), half the price of the corporate rate I could get. Avis gave me a small Hyundai SUV - which I think was an upgrade. I'm Avis Preferred, and they didn't ask for anything additional when I picked up the car.

The only issue I have now is I want to extend the rental for another two days, which will cost me $41 a day before tax, which I hate to pay since it's way more expensive on a daily basis than the 7 day rate I received!
Old May 26, 2009, 8:45 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; SPG Gold; OnePass Gold; Avis President's Club
Update on A113400 - Don't use it!

I used the A113400 state of FL rate over the weekend. When I showed up to pickup my car it wasn't on the board (my flight was over an hour late). I went to the preferred counter and the agent gave me a hard time. Asked for state of FL ID and proceeded to tell me that Avis is looking at all use of this code very carefully because "it's one of the most abused codes in the system" and "somehow it has gotten out and people who are not supposed to be using it are".
Old May 26, 2009, 8:47 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by mrEzE
I used the A113400 state of FL rate over the weekend. When I showed up to pickup my car it wasn't on the board (my flight was over an hour late). I went to the preferred counter and the agent gave me a hard time. Asked for state of FL ID and proceeded to tell me that Avis is looking at all use of this code very carefully because "it's one of the most abused codes in the system" and "somehow it has gotten out and people who are not supposed to be using it are".
So then what happened? Did they rent you anything at all?
Old May 26, 2009, 10:27 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
can anyone recommend a code that works to lower prices in HI, hawaii, maui? I have tried my old standbys, but nothing seems to do anything for a few weeks from now.
Old May 26, 2009, 2:22 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; SPG Gold; OnePass Gold; Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
So then what happened? Did they rent you anything at all?
They did, but it was a stressful start to my weekend. Possibly he let it go because I am a President's club member and I had some back story prepared. I also had a backup at another rental in place.

I definitely did not get my President's Club automatic 2 car class upgrade - in fact I'm not even sure I got the Full Size I paid for!
Old May 27, 2009, 6:08 pm

Programs: AA LTP 3.3 MM, VS G, BA, Hyatt D, Hilton D
Exclusive Avis® Offer for AAdvantage® Members

Just got this via email
Exclusive Avis® Offer for AAdvantage® Members
Earn 1,750 Bonus Miles and Save Up to 25%
Make sure you include earning miles and saving money in your travel plans. Through the end of the year you can earn 1,750 American Airlines AAdvantage® miles and save up to 25% on Avis
car rentals at participating airport locations in the U.S. and Canada.

Avis
Just enter coupon #MUAA093 in your reservation and include your AAdvantage number to receive 1,500 bonus miles on your weekly rental of 5 or more days. This is in addition to the 250 base miles you’ll earn.

Plus, use Avis Worldwide Discount (AWD) #K817100, and you can save
up to 25%!
Earn miles and enjoy saving - it’s a great time to rent from Avis.
Old May 28, 2009, 3:29 pm

Programs: AA, WN
USAA Coupons?

I am a USAA Member but have never used any of their codes for a rental nor have I used Avis before. I usually use Hertz with a Southwest Airlines or AAA code. I know the Avis AWD is A177232, but are there any coupons/coupon codes out there associated with USAA and Avis and if so, do you have to present an actual coupon upon rental?
Old May 31, 2009, 9:51 pm

Programs: AA Platinum LT Marriott Titanium Platinum LT, Hertz Presidents Circle, National EC,
USAA

Originally Posted by Vitaforce
I am a USAA Member but have never used any of their codes for a rental nor have I used Avis before. I usually use Hertz with a Southwest Airlines or AAA code. I know the Avis AWD is A177232, but are there any coupons/coupon codes out there associated with USAA and Avis and if so, do you have to present an actual coupon upon rental?
Go to the USAA website and look up car rental. I'm booking a trip to London and am looking for good deals. There are coupons there that may apply. So far though I'm getting slightly better rates using the AA code - but one difference is the USAA code allows for additional drivers.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 11:04 am

Smile Helpful discounts and coupons

I haven't posted on here for awhile so I apologize if the codes and coupons I list are a repeat. I am flying back to FL to visit family and have found that AWD K199060 (Florida tourism can be used by anyone) gave me a weekly rental for $190.82 (renting in Tallahassee and dropping off in Tampa with NO drop off fee). I coupled that with coupon UUWA055 (electronic coupon that doesn't need to be presented) for a free upgrade (only on subcompact, compact, and intermediate class).

Here a links to other Avis discounts and/or coupons. Good luck and have a safe trip!

http://www.bestonlinecoupons.com/cou...car-rental.asp
http://www.momsview.com/avis.shtml
http://www.mousesavers.com/avis.html
http://www.neotravel.com/deals/coupons_avis.php
http://discounts.shopathome.com/Coup...scounts/18250/
http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...AvisPromo.aspx

That is all I can post at this time (the kids sound as if they are attempting to kill one another). Hopefully this information helps out and once again, I apologize if the items I've listed are repeats.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 12:54 pm

car hire in germany

hi can anyone supply me with a discount code for germany for a five day hire

many thanks
Old Jun 2, 2009, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by Evan!
The Farmers code recently was a couple of bucks less but I ended up not getting FF miles. Avis replied that it doesn't qualify for FF earning.
I've found the same thing with the Farmers code and no FF miles/points recently. Also, there's a new issue with the Farmers code - it seems to only give 125 miles per day, whereas it generally used to give unlimited mileage. I just made a booking and noticed this. I did several test bookings at other airports and found it was the same at all of them, so I think it may be a global change for this code. Beware!
Old Jun 3, 2009, 8:02 am

Programs: Delta Sky Miles, Hilton Honors, Marriott Rewards, Southwest Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by desperado123
50% Off
Sorry if its repost:
Save BIG on your next leisure rental
Savings applies on a minimum 2-day weekend rental period.

Rent a compact through premium vehicle for a weekend and get 50% off!

Rental must be checked out by June 30, 2009.

Use AWD # G540700 at the time of reservation.
^Thanks for posting. This gave a really good rate. Plus I used coupon TUWA003 with it for a free day. I hope I don't have any problems at the counter. I'll let everyone know.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 8:13 am

Programs: Delta Sky Miles, Hilton Honors, Marriott Rewards, Southwest Rapid Rewards
Disregard my last post about it not being accepted. I see that the code is on the Avis site which makes it even better.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 9:10 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by tonymack1981
hi can anyone supply me with a discount code for germany for a five day hire

many thanks
Welcome to FT! You're better off looking/posting in the Germany forum. You should have better luck there b/c you're not limiting yourself to one car company.

Good luck.
Old Jun 5, 2009, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by BEAV
After about a week of unsuccessful searches for one-way SF Bay Area to Long Beach rentals without a drop fee, I found success using A972200. No drop fee whatsoever using this code. YMMV.
That's an awesome code! Which company is it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.