Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Hide Wikipost
Old Apr 18, 18, 9:03 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: IAHtraveler
Wiki Link
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account.

From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.
Print Wikipost

Old Jun 26, 09, 9:56 am

Programs: DL DM UA AA Hilton Starwood
Can anyone confirm that by using D005297 with the MUAA133 or the MUAA088 that the 5000 miles will post to Delta or not?

I am getting conflicking info if these work together.

Thanks
Old Jun 26, 09, 3:25 pm

I have exactly the same question

Evan once mentioned he used MUAA 133 and Farmers code and ended up not receiving 5000 Delta points.
Is there a way to verify that I will receive 5000 Delta points if using MUAA133 and AWD D005297

or

MUAA133 and our company's discount with Avis.
Would hate to be told afterwords that no Delta 5000 miles will be posted.
thanks
Old Jun 26, 09, 3:31 pm

Limit on how many times can MUAA133 be used?

Another question I have is regarding a limit on how many times can one use this promotion and receive 5000 Delta points
I have used MUAA133 this year already in April, can I use it again for 5000 Delta points in July or is it just one time deal?
Old Jun 26, 09, 6:26 pm

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Let's recap... shall we?

Originally Posted by Boleslav View Post
Evan once mentioned he used MUAA 133 and Farmers code and ended up not receiving 5000 Delta points.
Is there a way to verify that I will receive 5000 Delta points if using MUAA133 and AWD D005297

or

MUAA133 and our company's discount with Avis.
Would hate to be told afterwords that no Delta 5000 miles will be posted.
thanks
Originally Posted by Boleslav View Post
Another question I have is regarding a limit on how many times can one use this promotion and receive 5000 Delta points
I have used MUAA133 this year already in April, can I use it again for 5000 Delta points in July or is it just one time deal?
I have used MUAA133 14 times this year. Only once did I not get the 5K bonus SkyMiles. I used the Farmers AWD code. I entered the AWD and MUAA133 when I reserved on the web site. No warning that the code would not work. When I picked up the car I confirmed at the counter that the coupon code was in the reservation. When I dropped off the car I saw NO FF miles at all on the receipt, not even the usual 500 miles for a 5-day rental. I went to the counter and the rep confirmed that the coupon was in the reservation. I later received a 5500 miles post for a rental that occurred AFTER the one with the Farmers code. I contacted Avis and they said that the biz for that code (she didn't mention Farmers) does not allow for FF mile earning. All my other rentals were using the Amateur Sports Assistance code, D005297.

So clearly some AWDs don't work but it is not Avis' doing but the doing of whomever owns that code.

Summary (all coupons below work with any AWD as long as the owner of the code doesn't preclude FF miles earning.)

MUAA132 - 3-day + rental, all car types - 2,500 bonus DL SkyMiles - Good through 12/31/2009 - no limit (I have earned 25,000 bonus SkyMiles using this code in 2009.)

MUAA133 - 4-day + rental, all car types - 5,000 bonus DL SkyMiles - Good through 12/31/2009 - no limit (I have earned 65,000 bonus SkyMiles using this code in 2009)

MUAA088 - 2-day + rental, all car types - 5,000 bonus DL SkyMiles - Good through 7/31/2009 - Limit 5 for a total limit of 25,000 bonus miles. (I have used this code twice since the promo came out and have 3 more uses before the expiration on July 31.)

For the above: All miles have either posted already or the receipt printed the correct miles and they just haven't posted yet (within the last 3 weeks from today).

Hope this helps. If it did help anyone out there, would you mind looking at this post here (totally different hotel promo but FF mile related) and if you have any advice to share I would sooo much appreciate it.

FYI, when Avis introduced a 5K bonus for 4-day rentals last year it was in March. I earned over 170K SkyMiles from that code alone in 2008. Sweet
Old Jun 27, 09, 12:19 am

I realize this is an asked-and-answered question, but is D005297 safe? I'm getting a rate so ridiculous - $40/day for a standard, _after_ taxes in fees, out of SFO in August - that I feel like it has to be a trap, that there is no such thing as the ASAA and they'll arrest me if I try to use it. Any reports, at all, of IDs being asked for? If they demand an ID and I don't have one, would I be able to sub in my company's ADW code, which isn't as good but still gets me a ~$65/day rate, which I guess is nothing to sneeze at, or could the counter theoretically get p!ssed and refuse to allow us anything?

This is asked at my paranoid wife's behest, but I'd like to be sure too. It just feels wrong...
Old Jun 27, 09, 1:51 am

Originally Posted by cjdesmond View Post
I realize this is an asked-and-answered question, but is D005297 safe? I'm getting a rate so ridiculous - $40/day for a standard, _after_ taxes in fees, out of SFO in August - that I feel like it has to be a trap, that there is no such thing as the ASAA and they'll arrest me if I try to use it. Any reports, at all, of IDs being asked for? If they demand an ID and I don't have one, would I be able to sub in my company's ADW code, which isn't as good but still gets me a ~$65/day rate, which I guess is nothing to sneeze at, or could the counter theoretically get p!ssed and refuse to allow us anything?

This is asked at my paranoid wife's behest, but I'd like to be sure too. It just feels wrong...
I used it for dozens of rentals last year and dozens this year. Never been asked for anything. Even at my home airport a counter rep called it "our lowest possible convention rate" but never said anything about ASAA. I guess it can't last forever but I will use it until it stops working. Using this code is not a felony. Imagine the police on the other end of a phone call from Avis! "Yeah, as soon as we catch all the murderers and rapists we'll be right over." LOL I would have to guess that there is no flag in their system flashing "ask for ID". Avis has gotten a great deal of money from me due to this AWD code and the 5K SkyMiles bonuses. I've spread the word and those that know me personally and professionally jot down notes when I give advice on how to get a good deal and for over a year now "Avis" has been jotted down many times. So Avis, if you are listening, we both are benefiting. Let's keep it that way.
Old Jun 27, 09, 6:39 am

Programs: Avis Chairman's, IHG Au, Hyatt Discoverist (Visa,) Honors Au (Amex), Marriott Life Au
MUAA132--3, T&C #6: "•Offer may not be used with any other coupon, promotion or offer except your AWD discount." (Emphasis mine.)

IIRC last year's version said 'except the Delta AWD.' The present rule just says '"your," & Evan's is Amateur Sports Assistance code, D005297!
Old Jun 27, 09, 6:50 am

Programs: AA Plat; PC Plat; Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond
G930700

In answer to Evan!'s question - that code is the corporate discount code for IBM non-personal use.

Not sure what would happen if you had an accident with the vehicle...
Old Jun 27, 09, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
MUAA132--3, T&C #6: "•Offer may not be used with any other coupon, promotion or offer except your AWD discount." (Emphasis mine.)

IIRC last year's version said 'except the Delta AWD.' The present rule just says '"your," & Evan's is Amateur Sports Assistance code, D005297!
Red emphasis of quote of Brendan's is mine. As long as I don't try to get the counter reps to plug in an additional Mxxxxxx coupon for, let's say, $25 off one still get's the bonus miles. Of course DL would like for you to use their AWD code. But Avis is not going to limit customers, especially those with corp codes, to DL's code.

Originally Posted by arodin View Post
In answer to Evan!'s question - that code is the corporate discount code for IBM non-personal use.

Not sure what would happen if you had an accident with the vehicle...
Thank's arodin. With Amex Premium Car Rental Protection IBM wouldn't ever know. However I have plugged in this code (but not booked with it) and so far it has not beaten D005297.
Old Jun 28, 09, 1:04 am

Does anyone have any coupon codes only that are good for after June 30th? Preferably a free upgrade? Everything seems to expire June 30th...
Old Jun 28, 09, 6:06 pm

Programs: 1K, Platinum Marriott, Platinum SPG, Platinum Priority, Chairmans Avis
Response To ID and Company

Originally Posted by onsenman View Post
This code really dropped my rate in Chicago Suburbs. Will I need ID to use it?

Thanks

Onsenman
Reference to code-X0602000
Hello All,
I have used this code-X602000
It gives me pretty good deals on the East Coast.

You don't need an ID and the company is Mele Associates out of Maryland. I have a friend that works there and she gave me the code-she said that all of the employees and their friends have been using it with no ID checks and good rates.

Last edited by DinoFlyer; Jun 28, 09 at 6:09 pm Reason: Finish post
Old Jun 29, 09, 1:57 am

Reporting experience with N711304 - I used this code for a booking from STN (London Stansted airport) - comes up on the initial car selection screen with "contract rate" instead of pricing as others have reported, next screen was showing a substantial discount on the rate and a low one-way fee (for the UK). No problems picking the car up. Just one data point, but one more than I think this thread had before!
Old Jun 30, 09, 3:49 pm

Evan-Thanks for very detailed reply

appreciate your time and the anwers
Old Jun 30, 09, 3:58 pm

Having trouble with these codes...

I'm trying to book a car from August 21st - 29th August in Vancouver, but none of the codes i have seen on this forum seem to work or do anything for me. Could someone tell me a code (and where to put it!) or talk me through something??

Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 30, 09, 11:32 pm

D005297 Avis

I use D005297 frequently and hadn't had a problem with it until last week when I was asked for an ID. This happened at an Avis neighborhood (not airport) location, which did not have an Avis Preferred option (where they preprint the contract and I just grab the keys and go). Have never had a problem with this code at an airport location. (Ironically, I was going to rent the car to transport an amateur sports team to a tournament).

I use it so much that I'm willing to pay to join the organization, but I've not found it (the organization) via online searches. Any ideas? I've found it on this site as "Amateur Sports Assistance Program", but Google's not come up with anything.

BTW, D005297 usually works for one way rentals as well, with no mileage charges (within CA at least). I've found it's not as good for weekday rentals - A074800 is the one I've had best luck with for short duration (one or two day) rentals that don't include a weekend.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: