Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2009, 11:31 am

Programs: HHonors Gold/AAdvantage /Delta Skymiles
B123600 ID needed?

Anyone know who this code belongs to? I am getting a great discount with it for a late September rental in Bangor Maine. I don't want to use it if it will cause problems or needs some kind of ID.
Old Aug 9, 2009, 12:05 pm

Programs: AA, BA, DL, SPG and Marriott
Originally Posted by gnggng
Anyone know who this code belongs to? I am getting a great discount with it for a late September rental in Bangor Maine. I don't want to use it if it will cause problems or needs some kind of ID.
Try and do a search on this forum. I think its in another thread.
Old Aug 9, 2009, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by 91lsc
Try and do a search on this forum. I think its in another thread.
I did do a search. On this forum as well as a google search. No luck finding it anywhere.
I'm not sure where I found the code to begin with, but it gives a very nice discount.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 5:51 am

Programs: AA, BA, DL, SPG and Marriott
google search of "avis b123600" shows this:
http://www.avissanramon.com/news/low...-ATT-employees
Old Aug 10, 2009, 8:44 am

Thanks for the info. Guess I will be passing on this one since it looks like it may require proof of employment with AT&T. Such a shame since it provides the best rate I have found.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 9:06 am

I've used avis b123600 with no problems. If you are an "associate" (like a consultant) they will give you this code if flying ion to meet with them (AT&T).
Old Aug 10, 2009, 10:40 am

Grand Cayman

Hi, We'll be flying into Grand Cayman this Sunday and leaving the following Sunday. Can anyone clue me in on a good code to use? Thanks so much for any help.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 12:35 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Originally Posted by babylando
Hi, We'll be flying into Grand Cayman this Sunday and leaving the following Sunday. Can anyone clue me in on a good code to use? Thanks so much for any help.
Have you tried any of the codes in this thread yet, or are you just hoping someone else will do all the work for you?
Old Aug 10, 2009, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by g_leyser
Have you tried any of the codes in this thread yet, or are you just hoping someone else will do all the work for you?
Actually, yes, I have, and it seems like the Cayman Avis just doesn't do codes, as far as I can tell. But I'm in no way "in-the-know," so I just thought some kind soul out there might have knowledge on this subject. For instance, the "worldwide" code doesn't work, and I'm not sure why. My apologies for coming in here and asking for newbie help; I'm sure it's frowned-upon. Anyway, thanks in advance to anyone who knows anything. I'd like to use Avis but they're a bit more expensive than other places so if I have to go with someone else, that's fine.

Last edited by babylando; Aug 10, 2009 at 12:58 pm
Old Aug 11, 2009, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by shari2002
any one know B7710000, it gives 50% off, do not know if they need proof
Oh wow - that's a deal! I just booked a rental for tomorrow out of Logan and it was half off. The only info I got was that the residency is in Afghanistan. I'm hoping AVIS has a kiosk so I can just check in and go in case any questions are asked.
Old Aug 11, 2009, 10:04 am

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by alexajew
Oh wow - that's a deal! I just booked a rental for tomorrow out of Logan and it was half off. The only info I got was that the residency is in Afghanistan. I'm hoping AVIS has a kiosk so I can just check in and go in case any questions are asked.
I just tried B7710000 for a rental at FLL and the price nearly doubled from AWD D005297. Have you tried D005297 at Logan?
Old Aug 11, 2009, 10:58 am
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Originally Posted by babylando
Actually, yes, I have, and it seems like the Cayman Avis just doesn't do codes, as far as I can tell. But I'm in no way "in-the-know," so I just thought some kind soul out there might have knowledge on this subject. For instance, the "worldwide" code doesn't work, and I'm not sure why. My apologies for coming in here and asking for newbie help; I'm sure it's frowned-upon. Anyway, thanks in advance to anyone who knows anything. I'd like to use Avis but they're a bit more expensive than other places so if I have to go with someone else, that's fine.
Which codes have you tried so far and what rates are you getting?

Wasn't trying to flame you, it's just that this thread gets so many people just looking for help without doing any of their own research.

Welcome to FT.
Old Aug 11, 2009, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by Evan!
I just tried B7710000 for a rental at FLL and the price nearly doubled from AWD D005297. Have you tried D005297 at Logan?
Just tried D005297 and it was $50 more total for a 4 day rental.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 2:58 pm

one way rental

Does anyone know the best code for a one way rental? I've searched thread and really haven't found anything specific. My ex girlfriend has finally decided that the rest of my stuff has to go so it has put me in a last minute reservation. I need to get a SUV. Too much stuff for a car, too little for a moving truck. I could pick it up in Providence, Hartford, or Boston. One way to Louisiana. Thanks for any help. First post so go easy on me.

Doesn't have to be Avis, could be another company. Thanks again.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by shovelhead
Does anyone know the best code for a one way rental? I've searched thread and really haven't found anything specific. My ex girlfriend has finally decided that the rest of my stuff has to go so it has put me in a last minute reservation. I need to get a SUV. Too much stuff for a car, too little for a moving truck. I could pick it up in Providence, Hartford, or Boston. One way to Louisiana. Thanks for any help. First post so go easy on me.

Doesn't have to be Avis, could be another company. Thanks again.
AFAIK there are no special "one way rental" codes with any company. On most one way rentals, particularly those like this (where your return is thousands of miles away, as opposed to say picking up at the airport and returning downtown in the same city), NOBODY is going to be particuarly cheap and it's either going to be reflected in a very high daily rate, a drop off fee, or a mileage charge.

Accordingly my advice is try some of the best codes in this thread but also use a multi-company search engine such as Orbitz, Expedia, or carrentals.com to compare all the companies, as the variance in price for a long-distance rental can be substantially higher than you would think.

Also, as a favor I tried to search a few options for you on carrentals.com. You didn't specify dates of travel, or where in Louisiana you were going, so I helpfully assumed you were traveling on Aug 17 thru 19 and going to New Orleans. With those parameters the cheapest was about ~$333 all in from Alamo in downtown Boston to MSY airport, for something called a "full size crossover" (which looks like an SUV to me). YMMV depending on actual dates, location, etc. Good luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.