FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only
Old Jun 27, 2009, 12:51 am
Evan!

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by cjdesmond
I realize this is an asked-and-answered question, but is D005297 safe? I'm getting a rate so ridiculous - $40/day for a standard, _after_ taxes in fees, out of SFO in August - that I feel like it has to be a trap, that there is no such thing as the ASAA and they'll arrest me if I try to use it. Any reports, at all, of IDs being asked for? If they demand an ID and I don't have one, would I be able to sub in my company's ADW code, which isn't as good but still gets me a ~$65/day rate, which I guess is nothing to sneeze at, or could the counter theoretically get p!ssed and refuse to allow us anything?

This is asked at my paranoid wife's behest, but I'd like to be sure too. It just feels wrong...
I used it for dozens of rentals last year and dozens this year. Never been asked for anything. Even at my home airport a counter rep called it "our lowest possible convention rate" but never said anything about ASAA. I guess it can't last forever but I will use it until it stops working. Using this code is not a felony. Imagine the police on the other end of a phone call from Avis! "Yeah, as soon as we catch all the murderers and rapists we'll be right over." LOL I would have to guess that there is no flag in their system flashing "ask for ID". Avis has gotten a great deal of money from me due to this AWD code and the 5K SkyMiles bonuses. I've spread the word and those that know me personally and professionally jot down notes when I give advice on how to get a good deal and for over a year now "Avis" has been jotted down many times. So Avis, if you are listening, we both are benefiting. Let's keep it that way.